2022 Bid Books?

ktoles

I'm starting to think they won't be released. Almaty's website looks like it hasn't been updated in quite some time, Beijing's English website is minimal as well, and the IOC has said that they won't do it either, so if they are eventually released I think it's going to be quite some time before we do see them. Gamesbids said they would post them yesterday but they didn't.

According to an article on the IOC website, they weren't going to release the candidature files themselves but that Almaty and Beijing could release them as of January 7, 2015. That clearly hasn't been done yet. Beijing may on their Chinese Language website but Almaty I highly doubt... So unless someone can get their hands on the digital file, I suspect we won't be seeing them for quite some time.

Sigh. No it is not. For the 2020 race it was about 72 hours after the bids were delivered to the IOC that they were permitted to post them. They started posting them a few days after that.

This is how it has been since the 2008 race. The IOC has to do a quick check to make sure there is nothing outlandish or innapropriate and then it is all systems go.

Forgot to add, can anyone here translate Cantonese? I wonder if Beijing's bid book has been posted to the Cantonese part of the website? This is just speculation of course, but I don't know the language so it's possible they've been posted and maybe just missed? Of course more likely is that they just haven't uploaded them yet.

We are waiting Beijing!

Forgot to add, can anyone here translate Cantonese? I wonder if Beijing's bid book has been posted to the Cantonese part of the website? This is just speculation of course, but I don't know the language so it's possible they've been posted and maybe just missed? Of course more likely is that they just haven't uploaded them yet.

We are waiting Beijing!

Bid books are printed in English and French.

Bid books are printed in English and French.

I know that, I just didn't know if they posted the bid books in the Cantonese part of the website and it got missed, but as I said, that was just speculation on my part, it looks like they just haven't been posted yet.

My initial thought after going through Almaty's bid book is actually pleasantly surprised. They really put a lot of thought, detail and effort into wanting to host these games, it's certainly going to be a lot more compact than Beijing's bid I believe, I'm impressed with their effort. Of course that's not to say they aren't without their flaws. The smog problems are terrible, the country is run by a brutal dictator and LGBT people face the same discrimination that they experience in Russia, etc, but it is a solid effort, and they may get more votes than people expect. I still think its Beijing's to lose though.

I do too, but at the same time, I respect Almaty for at least making a go of it. They've put in a serious effort and show that they want it, that being said I think Beijing would have to do something catastrophic in order if it lost.

I just wish they would put up their bid books soon so we can at least see what their vision is.

My mistake if it is in Mandarin and not Cantonese! Either way here's hoping it pops up soon.

AFAIK Canto uses traditional characters (and sounds very different in contrast to mandarin), so the site's text would probably look a little more complex than it is now (Mainland China uses simplified, southern region uses Canto, HongKong, Taiwan, and Macao uses traditional).

Digging through the Chinese portion of the site, I found this under 申奥规划 (bid planning) > 申办文献 (Bid Documents) however it's only just a coming soon page (to be exact, it says something along the lines of: expect some exciting content here soon). I'll post some more info if I find something new ^_^

Archived