GamesBids 2022 WOG Logo Comp  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which design should win the 2022 Winter Olympic Games Logo Comp?

QMW07m.jpg

And yet another nail-biting round has closed with only two points separating all three contenders and the top two tied. This sets the scene for a knife-edge head-to-head fight for the final crown.

The final results were:

Barcelona (Danny) - 9 points

Borjomi (barrack) - 11 votes

Melbourne (aismanggo) - 11 points

All votes cast were valid.

We say goodbye to Danny's Barcelona. It's always tough come the final stages and get so close. Sad to see this one go Danny, but you get the Bronze Medal and I know you have a hot contender for Tokyo.

So now we go to the decider, with barrack and aismanggo both going for their second Logo Comp title. Who'll take the Gold? Will I finally need to cast a tiebreak vote? We'll know this time tomorrow.

Rules for this round:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 24 hours - it will close after 7am, Friday January 9, Sydney time (8pm Jan 8 GMT).
  • The entry at the close of poll with an absolute majority will be declared the winner.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logos.
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of December 1 2014 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member.
  • I will not vote in this round unless a tie-break vote is needed.
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

Good luck to to both barrack and aismanggo. See you back in Salzburg tomorrow.

Yes i know it is a tree,but it will look much better if it have more vibrant color scheme..you can always play with color when making a graphic.doesnt need to transalate directly.logo is a graphic,a symbol that you can play with n manipulate to make it look more interesting.just give my opinion,doesnt need to feel offended.we all here share the same interest :)

Thank you people for the votes on Barcelona 2022 logo.

I think the finalists are high standards and I think Melbourne one could easily be used as an official logo for games more than Borjomi's. So my vote is for Melbourne.

Good luck guys.

Yes i know it is a tree,but it will look much better if it have more vibrant color scheme..you can always play with color when making a graphic.doesnt need to transalate directly.logo is a graphic,a symbol that you can play with n manipulate to make it look more interesting.just give my opinion,doesnt need to feel offended.we all here share the same interest :)

rols can u change my vote? i ain't feelin this hatorade.

lol,by just giving some opinion and constructive suggestion ive been label hatred..my design have been comment by lot of people,they said it doesnt speak melbourne and just a simple 'm' letter and i accept that.i just trying to give a thought without any harsh word.

lol,by just giving some opinion and constructive suggestion ive been label hatred..my design have been comment by lot of people,they said it doesnt speak melbourne and just a simple 'm' letter and i accept that.i just trying to give a thought without any harsh word.

Ais. your design is very eye-catching as well. But as Rob pointed out, in b&w printing, the gradations of the diff diamonds would not come out. So that was also a consideration of mine in making my decision.

lol,by just giving some opinion and constructive suggestion ive been label hatred..my design have been comment by lot of people,they said it doesnt speak melbourne and just a simple 'm' letter and i accept that

that's true. rols change my vote back.

Feel free to explain why..

Think you've just proven that in B&W it does work! :D Good job

Well, I hesitate because 1) its still a great piece of graphic design and 2) I could never create anything near that level of quality, but.. as an observation I'm not that into the Melbourne logo because upon first glance I felt no Melbourne in it at all. The use of the triangles are a great observation - but they're not the branded angular shapes more common (and inspired by Fed Sq). Thats why I liked the other Melbourne logo with its clever use of them to outline the metropolitan area and Port Phillip Bay. I'm also not a fan of the 'M" within the triangles - looks like the symbol of a European metro (Madrid?).

Also I don't think it works in black and white as demonstrated - its too heavy and blocky.

I think part of its success in this campaign is that it sticks out because of its stunning use of colour - it IS eye catching - but as far as this competition goes its about picking an appropriate logo for a city - and in my opinion of the final three logos, this Melbourne one is well behind the Borjormi and Barcelona options--- the latter was by far the best IMO.

I voted Borjormi - slightly withheld but its iconic in its simplicity and VERY divers - think of all the colour combinations with those triangles. Reminds me of the 70s and 80s winter logos (Sarajevo and Calgary in particular).

Well, I hesitate because 1) its still a great piece of graphic design and 2) I could never create anything near that level of quality, but.. as an observation I'm not that into the Melbourne logo because upon first glance I felt no Melbourne in it at all. The use of the triangles are a great observation - but they're not the branded angular shapes more common (and inspired by Fed Sq). Thats why I liked the other Melbourne logo with its clever use of them to outline the metropolitan area and Port Phillip Bay. I'm also not a fan of the 'M" within the triangles - looks like the symbol of a European metro (Madrid?).

Also I don't think it works in black and white as demonstrated - its too heavy and blocky.

I think part of its success in this campaign is that it sticks out because of its stunning use of colour - it IS eye catching - but as far as this competition goes its about picking an appropriate logo for a city - and in my opinion of the final three logos, this Melbourne one is well behind the Borjormi and Barcelona options--- the latter was by far the best IMO.

I voted Borjormi - slightly withheld but its iconic in its simplicity and VERY divers - think of all the colour combinations with those triangles. Reminds me of the 70s and 80s winter logos (Sarajevo and Calgary in particular).

But Borjomi's logo has no relevance to Borjomi. You said it yourself. It reminds you of previous winter logos. Logos from cities not located in the same country and in Calgarys case, not even the same continent. I'm aware you've live in Melbourne but many forumers like myself have visited Melbourne and I can definitely see the relevance. Colorful, reflects the city and its architecture and particularly AAMI Stadium.

Don't get me wrong, Borjomi is a fantastic design, miles better then I could do. But it could be a logo for any city and the same goes for the Barcelona logo. Plus it reminded me of quite a few past logos. Atlanta's bid logo, Salt Lake City logo, Chicago's bidding logo. and then Sarajevo and Calgary.

Archived