Terrorist attack against French satire magazine

After a fire bomb attack in 2011, the office of French satire magazine Charlie Hebdo has become a terrorist target today again. Apparently 11 people were killed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883

It's sad to see that the hatred with which the world was inundated in 2014 continues in 2015. But: However hard they try, the Islamist fanatics will never succeed to destroy our freedom of speech and all our other liberties. It's only poignant that this attack couldn't be prevented despite the earlier attack against that magazine.

OMG! That's what I've been saying all along. Time to outlaw islam.

Islam's tenets are really at odds with what we value in the modern, 21st century world. One has to accept this. This will never stop until the cult is eradicated from the face of the planet.

they are not muslim,just bunch of asshole who uses "islam" for own sake..sign...so shame on them!

Afiq, then why isn't the moderate muslim community doing more, A LOT, LOT MORE to ISOLATE and weed out these psychos who give your cult a worse image??

You seem to be the kind of "westerner" the wackos need to justify terror all over the Europe/North America. Terrorism is a trap that people and governments can't fall into. This attack hit very hard on the press, which is one of the main sources of bigotry and paranoid narratives the influence millions of people. The Parisian and French authorities should be extra careful about their response to this tragedy as anything can stir xenophobic ideas right now.

I'm worried about how this can affect the current (heated) debate on Germany.

Afiq, then why isn't the moderate muslim community doing more, A LOT, LOT MORE to ISOLATE and weed out these psychos who give your cult a worse image??

And what magic powers do you think they have? What is the "Lot, lot more" you speak of?

In case you haven't noticed, the main people the Islamic wackos are killing are other Muslims. Well, you probably haven't noticed because you don't care about them.

Your attitude is evil, and only makes things worse.

And what magic powers do you think they have? What is the "Lot, lot more" you speak of?

In case you haven't noticed, the main people the Islamic wackos are killing are other Muslims. Well, you probably haven't noticed because you don't care about them.

Your attitude is evil, and only makes things worse.

Pfffffffft. DON'T you press your holier-than-thou attend on me. You are NO Better or worse than the next person --so save your sanctimonious sh*t for for someone else!!

Pfffffffft. DON'T you press your holier-than-thou attend on me. You are NO Better or worse than the next person --so save your sanctimonious sh*t for for someone else!!

Actually, in many ways I'm probably worse than most people. But as bad as I am, I'm better than you in this case. Yor are spreading hate. It's evil. Stop it. Make the world better, not worse.

This is very sad. Are a bunch of cartoonists really a threat to Islam?

In their little minds, apparently yes. What about Salmon Rushdie? A Danish magazine a few years ago. Also, Theo van Gogh, a distant descendant of the genius, was murdered a few years ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/03/international/europe/03dutch.html

And there will be more.

You seem to be the kind of "westerner" the wackos need to justify terror all over the Europe/North America. Terrorism is a trap that people and governments can't fall into. This attack hit very hard on the press, which is one of the main sources of bigotry and paranoid narratives the influence millions of people. The Parisian and French authorities should be extra careful about their response to this tragedy as anything can stir xenophobic ideas right now.

I'm worried about how this can affect the current (heated) debate on Germany.

As a German, I can only agree. I've already seen many FB posts which could hardly hold back their triumphant feelings about "evil islam doing it again". And I think Charlie Hebdo also made fun of Le Pen & co - so she will certainly use this terrible attack also for her own purposes.

Very bad news for the good, sane muslim people in Europe. This incident is without doubt going to raise the levels of racism and give more strenght to extremists groups like Plegida. :(

Like i said before, people should stop caring so much about stuff written in books which we're not even sure if they really happened or not.

Archived