Guess which city the USOC will put forward as their 2024 candidate ?

Guess who will be chosen as the US 2024 candidate city.  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What city do you think the USOC will put forward for 2024?

• Boston
    • DC
    • Los Angeles
    • San Francisco
  2. 2. What city do you want the USOC to put forward for 2024?

• Boston
    • DC
    • Los Angeles
    • San Francisco
    • I don't think the US should bid for 2024.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your kidneys (DC) or your spleen (Boston).

I'm starting to think that San Francisco will be picked, although I don't think America should bid, because I don't think America will host. It's just the way I see it. Of course, if it's America vs Q

San Francisco is the US city that I most would like to host. It's exotic but at the same time has a certain old world feel ie. a tight urban core and not too spread out, suitable climate and nice scen

They're meeting at Denver Int'l at 4:15pm, MNT. So I would imagine, they'd like to get it done in 30-45 mins to make the evening news. So, if a consensus is reached, then the announcement will come around 5-5:30pm, MNT. (So, 4-4:30, PST.)

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/capitalcomment/sports/olympics-announcement-today-maybe-time-to-panic.php

Who would know first? United Airlines since they will then fly to the Chosen One ASAP; and Hilton Hotels since that is where they would also stay.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

My favourite is Boston, closely followed by San Francisco.

I wouldn't like LA to be chosen. I know they can host great Games, but I'm sure a country as big as the USA has many more capable cities to offer rather than LA again and again.

They're meeting at Denver Int'l at 4:15pm, MNT. So I would imagine, they'd like to get it done in 30-45 mins to make the evening news. So, if a consensus is reached, then the announcement will come around 5-5:30pm, MNT. (So, 4-4:30, PST.)

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/capitalcomment/sports/olympics-announcement-today-maybe-time-to-panic.php

Who would know first? United Airlines since they will then fly to the Chosen One ASAP; and Hilton Hotels since that is where they would also stay.

So us Central time and East coasters can expect an announcement at 6:30 CT or 7:30 ET?

Personally DC is my favorite out of all the cities, I think it would be an amazing backdrop with the monuments but I agree it would be hard to win over the IOC, still Invoted for it as the city I'd like to see chosen.

For the city I think will get chosen I, going with San Francisco!

i think SF will get picked, it seems like the easiest city to romance the IOC with........if they have a working plan it's gotta be SF.

A "working plan" doesn't automatically mean a 'solid plan'. If Paris &/or Berlin (not to mention Rome) all wind up bidding & their plans are more solid, there's no amount of romancing that San Fran could do to win over the IOC. Especially when Paris, the most romantic city in the world, is in the picture, & by 2024, the Summer Games would have been away from Europe 12 years already.

The more I've been thinking about it, the prospect of another Los Angeles seems very exiting. They also have the weather in their court. San Francisco has the potential to be chilly in the summer, especially at night.

It almost seems that San Francisco is like the Cape Town many get so feverish over when it comes to a South African host. And Los Angeles is like the Durban, the more responsible, practical choice, as far as the venues & the weather, etc are concerned.

Well my votes came in bang on.

Unless the mighty law firm of Crane Poole & Schmitt can pull off a miracle London 2012 like bid, 2024 is definitely off to Paris.

Unless the mighty law firm of Crane Poole & Schmitt can pull off a miracle London 2012 like bid, 2024 is definitely off to Paris.

If Paris is in, no US city has a chance of winning. Might as well sacrafice Boston and save LA for when USOC has a better chance.

• Like 1

If Paris is in, no US city has a chance of winning. Might as well sacrafice Boston and save LA for when USOC has a better chance.

I was thinking the same thing...

The first of the old Aussie 3-card trick maybe - Boston 2024 as Brisbane 1992, a small chance against a strong field. Then somewhere bigger, maybe Chicago or SF 2028 as Melbourne 1996 - would have a strong chance against anyone except Durban, which would fit 2028 maybe. Finally, go for the city you really want once your competition's gone - LA 2032 as Sydney 2000, with the centenary too, & get the games.

The first of the old Aussie 3-card trick maybe - Boston 2024 as Brisbane 1992, a small chance against a strong field. Then somewhere bigger, maybe Chicago or SF 2028 as Melbourne 1996 - would have a strong chance against anyone except Durban, which would fit 2028 maybe. Finally, go for the city you really want once your competition's gone - LA 2032 as Sydney 2000, with the centenary too, & get the games.

The best laid plans of Mice and Men... :lol:

Yeah, so I don't understand why some on here are so up in arms about Boston. It won't matter what city it was. Even San Francisco or Los Angeles wouldn't have been any match for a strong Euro bid(s).

But what if we don't have those strong bid cities? Then we are stuck with a city that will not be able to fulfill the promises it is already making.

Boston has a tough road to get picked. But if they do, have no worries. They will host a great games.

Somehow I don't think we'll see a London-like come from behind "piped at the post" victory over Paris here...Odds are now stacked in Paris' favour even if Durban shows up eventually. Rome just adds to the eagerness for mainland Europe to host OSGs again...a long time coming since 1992.

• Like 1

Somehow I don't think we'll see a London-like come from behind "piped at the post" victory over Paris here...Odds are now stacked in Paris' favour even if Durban shows up eventually. Rome just adds to the eagerness for mainland Europe to host OSGs again...a long time coming since 1992.

Paris has one big weakness vs Boston. As of now, it's not running. Until that changes, I'm not going to write Boston off.