GamesBids 2022 Winter Olympic Games Logo Comp  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which design should win the GameBids 2022 Winter Olympics Logo Comp?

HtgXT3.jpg

Well, in just two rounds weve managed to get 45 entries down to a final four - it may not have been pretty, but there was always going to be carnage to get to this point. Im sad to see some of these go - well done to all of you, thanks and commiserations.

We had a strong voting turnout of 32 members )one of them late - see below - I've accepted it at organiser's discretion) having their say. For the first time ever, weve now gone three rounds without me needing to discount anyones votes - not even the usual January ring-ins tried it on again this year.

The results were:

A (Anthony) - 4

B (woohooitsme83) - 6

C (DannyelBrazil) - 13

D (Mr Bernham)- 7

E (barrack) - 10 (with 1 late vote to get it into the final)

F (Cody 1985) - 3

G (Paul) - 10

H (barrack) - 7

I (woohooitsme83) - 4

J (nzl) - 5

K (aismanggo) - 16

L (Anthony) - 7

C, G and K make it through. So that leaves us with four entries from four previous winners representing four different cities. aismanggos Melbourne design maintains the lead its had in all rounds so far. Barrack's Borjomi, Dannys Barcelona and Pauls Harbin are the ones seeing if they can change that come the end.

Okay, down to business. The rules for this stage are:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 24 hours - it will close after 7am, Wednesday January 7, Sydney time (8pm Jan 6 GMT).
  • Voting will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • In this and following rounds, the logo with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY now vote for their own logo if they wish.
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of December 1 2014 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member.
  • I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds, unless a tie-breaker vote is needed.
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

Will we decide it all in the next 24 hours, or will we have another head-to-head duel for the final crown. Well know this time tomorrow. Good luck to all three of our remaining competitors.

I've restarted this to make the poll fair. Phandrosis, runningrings, Rob, JMarkSnow and CAF may vote again.

Many people might wondering what is the idea behind my logo design other than letter "M" here is my inspiration :)

16208647015_a68c2d3fed_b.jpg

My idea when i create this logo is obviously inspired by what the city have in common that less people know . Those who have been to Melbourne will noticed that the trend on most modern building in Melbourne have a bold geometrical pattern at their facade as to resemble the modern,edgy side of Melbourne.

16207855052_c0ab83d05b_b.jpg

16207858332_9f60013c64_o.jpg

The main idea is taken from the new AAMI Stadium in Melbourne which have this really unique geometrical shape on the facade, i kind of try to cooperate it with a letter M and create it as a heart (love) shape as a symbolic of people of Melbourne welcome the world with all their heart.The color that i choose is half of it in a colorful vibrant color which reflect the vibe of the city and another side is a cool bluish color that represent the winter games.This multi-facade geometry also represent the rich diversity that Melbourne can offer to make it the best host of the games.

16022597759_a945a0c3c9_b.jpg

I voted D. while C is certainly a beautiful logo, I think that asimanggo's Melbourne really embodies the spirit and style of Melbourne. It shout's out "Melbourne" but does it in a simplistic and classy way. I also like the heart at the bottom, it makes me think that the logo says "We are edgy, we are modern, but the heart of our city is sport."

collage.png

A bit more on the Harbin 2022 mark...

The logo is an expressionist statement about Harbin (an artistic and sophisticated cosmopolitan city of 7million) and the first Olympic Winter games in China.

Inspired both graphically and thematically by the Chinese philosophy of yin and yang, it is intended to represent many contrasting and complementary themes. It playfully and dramatically incorporates elements of energy(sport), mystery, beauty, winter, nature (Chinese Red Pine), and culture (traditional and modern).

The burst is designed to be used independently from copy or date in full color or as a solid white mark on color fields,. to become a recognizable mark on its own in the style of the Munich off-register spiral.

20111023165421_2656.png
Express yourself......vote HARBIN 2022!

Thanks to whomever that last minute voter was! I'm still in it!

For those who missed it from the submission thread: Trees are obviously a big deal there considering their past bid logo and their city flag. So I decided to go with that route. I present to you the Forest Snowflake of Borjomi. My main inspiration is this type of view from the forest floor.

You're in a lush forests of Borjomi. You look up to the sky. You see six trees forming the image of a snowflake.

Thanks to whomever that last minute voter was! I'm still in it!

For those who missed it from the submission thread: Trees are obviously a big deal there considering their past bid logo and their city flag. So I decided to go with that route. I present to you the Forest Snowflake of Borjomi. My main inspiration is this type of view from the forest floor.

You're in a lush forests of Borjomi. You look up to the sky. You see six trees forming the image of a snowflake.

.........just BRILLIANT!

view-from-the-forest-floor-great-smoky-m

b is growing on me. baron's right that you shouldn't need an explanation to enjoy a logo but it is pretty good on its own.

sry paul, but on the plus side your tokyo's getting good early buzz. and 4th place isn't so bad. just ask all those olympians who almost won a bronze.

Oops- looks like I voted right in the middle of Rols' restart yesterday. My apologies!

Anyway, my comments were along the lines of:

a ) Too insubstantial

b ) Too rectangular (but I did get the trees/snowflake thing)

c) Too hot

d) A real attention-grabber, and nicely suggesting cold in a hot country, so it gets my vote

I voted D but do really like where C is heading with its support material. It's very different using the black and white images, really makes the logo stand out.

I don't know the architecture of Melbourne so seeing those images really makes the logo work for me.

So D won the day with C a very close second.

Archived