2022 Winter Games Logo Comp: Round of 12 Vote

Winter Olympic Games Logo Comp - Round of 12 Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which three logos would you like to see make the finals of the GamesBids 2022 Winter Olympic Games Logo Comp

And after the delay, Here, ladies and Gentlemen, is your Top 12!

o8OciE.jpg

tTnq6f.jpg

Conchita's having make-up issues at the moment and won't come out of her dressing room, but hopefully we can calm her in time and she'll be back for the final winner's announcement.

In the meantime, now we've brutally butchered our 45 entries to a Dirty Dozen, time to finish the carnage and have a lightning sudden death round to slash this down to a Final Three. aismanggo's Melbourne K has had the running so far - but it only got three top point picks in the first round, so it's not unbeatable.

Voting rules are:

• Vote in the poll above for your nominations for the Final Three from the selections above.
  • You may vote for UP TO three (3) member's logos from the selections above.
  • You may vote for less than three, but if you vote for more your votes will not be counted.
  • Entrants MAY NOT vote for your own logo.
  • You MAY post your reasons for your decisions, but try to be respectful please.
  • Voting will last approximately 36 hours. The poll will close after 7am Tuesday January 6 2015, Sydney time (8pm January 5 GMT). After this time, the votes will be collated, and the top three logos in terms of votes will proceed to the first elimination poll round.
  • In the event of a tie for third (or higher) place giving us more than three logos, all tied logos will also move on to the elimination rounds.
  • Voting is limited to members of GamesBids as of December 1, 2014 with a bona fide posting history. The judge's (my) decision on what constitutes bona fide, and the validity of votes, is final.
  • I'll decide any other rulings on the fly if necessary.
  • I will vote in this round.

Good luck all.

C - I think this is a properly clever idea, and quite nicely executed. Not entirely sure of the whacky font, but it says Winter Games in a Mediterranean country in a simple and clear way.

K - Voted for this mainly because it's such a well-crafted, beautiful design. Love the use of negative space and the whole thing seems to shine. The one thing that nearly had me not voting for it is the fact I can't see this working in monochrome or on anything other than a white background. I think it's great, but limited.

L - S for Salburg, S for skiing, Olympic colours, ski-runs. Yeah, it just works. Well done.

D, F & J

I'm surprised more people aren't voting for D. Whoever created it did a brilliant job of representing Barcelona's most iconic features, the Sagrada Familia and the mosaics that are all over the place in Parc Guell and many other of Antoni Guadi's places of architecture.

D, F & J

I'm surprised more people aren't voting for D. Whoever created it did a brilliant job of representing Barcelona's most iconic features, the Sagrada Familia and the mosaics that are all over the place in Parc Guell and many other of Antoni Guadi's places of architecture.

Besides the rings, not sure if religious motifs can be used. I always try to cast a vote simulating if all the logos could be used for real.

D, F & J

I intended to vote for D but accidentally voted B. Oh well.

I vote for A,D and J

A) I love the idea,the anchor,snowflakes and the color..everything speak winter but i wish it was a little bit bolder.

D)what better to reflect the city of Barcelona than the magnificent Sagrada Familia and the mosaic of Gaudi :) but it will look much better with better execution

J)Love the color scheme,the 'M' and asymmetrical shape that remind me of SBS Television and Radio Headquarters in Melbourne

I always try to cast a vote simulating if all the logos could be used for real.

Well then, you probably shouldn't vote for any of the Melbourne 2022 logos, as any real possibility that Australia could host a Winter Olympic games even with the new rules from Agenda 2020 are laughable at best.

D, F & J

^^ I'd be much happier with D if the rings were underneath rather than completely lost against the tile pattern. That's an own goal, because otherwise I'd agree with you.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

And this is what the logo would look like had I put the rings under the typeface:

qzg4gg.jpg

Archived