Note - If you don't want to be perceived as a snivelling little asshole, you may want to hold off on the goating. Especially as Rome hasn't actully bid yet.

Serious quesion Tony - Do you want to be viewed a a snivelling little asshole?

Normally this is where he would drop a "don't have a go at me" just like someone who knows he's doing something he's not supposed to but does it anyway. That he didn't put it in here means that he wasn't expecting someone to have a go at him.

What's this i'm hearing about the Pope wanting the Vatican City to host some events?

Sporting events could be held at the Vatican if Italy is successful in its bid for the 2024 summer Olympics.

Pope Francis, who is a keen football fan, is reported to be keen on the idea of hosting some events in the grounds of the tiny sovereign nation.

The Vatican City State only covers 110 acres, but it has extensive gardens, as well as the wide open space of St Peter's Square, either of which could be used to host an event such as archery.

Matteo Renzi, Italy's prime minister, announced this week that the country would bid for the 2024 games, putting forward a proposal to spread events between Rome, Florence, Milan and Sardinia.

It was quickly suggested that the Holy See might also play a role, although as a separate, albeit minuscule, nation state, it is not clear if it would be allowed to host events under International Olympic Committee rules.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/vaticancityandholysee/11298395/Pope-Francis-wants-Vatican-City-to-help-host-Olympics.html

• Like 1

This is just like Kim Jon Il suggesting that North Korea host some events for Pyeongchang's 2018 Winter Olympics. Well, almost like.

If there is going to be an Olympic event to be held in Vatican City, I want it to be an event that will show the most human flesh possible. So I choose beach volleyball to be staged at St. Peter's square! You'll just have to remove that worthless pillar because it will be in the way.

Or perhaps Men's gymnastics can be held right in front of the pope, so we can have another edition of creepy pope and the rest of the clergy ogling at the male physique, like with the last pope we had.

SANTA IS REAL TOO!

Just ask mum and dad...they'll tell you so... :wacko:

Stop bringing My Family into Your discussions.

Your not Funny, Your just horrible.

• Like 1

This is just like Kim Jon Il suggesting that North Korea host some events for Pyeongchang's 2018 Winter Olympics. Well, almost like.

If there is going to be an Olympic event to be held in Vatican City, I want it to be an event that will show the most human flesh possible. So I choose beach volleyball to be staged at St. Peter's square! You'll just have to remove that worthless pillar because it will be in the way.

Or perhaps Men's gymnastics can be held right in front of the pope, so we can have another edition of creepy pope and the rest of the clergy ogling at the male physique, like with the last pope we had.

Umm...there are Catholics here and I'm calling offense on all of this.

Umm...there are Catholics here and I'm calling offense on all of this.

Islam gets ripped on in the general discussions section and you say nothing. Double standards I guess. I'm catholic too and I'm not offended. There's nothing I can't stand more than the bible thumping fools who can't take a joke.

• Like 1

A Rome 2024 Olympics with "spread events between Rome, Florence, Milan and Sardinia"? No, thanks. That's not my idea of an Olympic Games.

Leaving football aside, I can accept a coastal cluster as close as possible to Rome for sailing, open water swimming, beach volleyball, etc., but randomly spreading events throughout the country is something I don't like at all.

Islam gets ripped on in the general discussions section and you say nothing. Double standards I guess. I'm catholic too and I'm not offended. There's nothing I can't stand more than the bible thumping fools who can't take a joke.

Exactly! If we joke about Islam, then EVERY religion is fair game. And I am also Catholic so get the hell over yourself.

A Rome 2024 Olympics with "spread events between Rome, Florence, Milan and Sardinia"? No, thanks. That's not my idea of an Olympic Games.

Leaving football aside, I can accept a coastal cluster as close as possible to Rome for sailing, open water swimming, beach volleyball, etc., but randomly spreading events throughout the country is something I don't like at all.

Yea it's rather stupid and defeats the whole purpose of making a convenient games, at least for the spectators. This is why the whole multi-national bids will almost never win because of distance. If a city out there is offering a games that is more convenient to the spectators, then they will definitely get chosen over a multi-national bid. Unless it's competing against a not-so-safe city, or Doha.

I'm not a bible thumper, I am fine with some Catholic jokes but Latins comment went beyond that. Trying to find the fleshiest sport that could be played in the Vatican would be like me saying I'm going to force a Muslim to eat bacon. And whenever Baron bashes Islam I call him out too, religious jokes are good until they start making fun of the more serious beliefs of the faiths.

Exactly! If we joke about Islam, then EVERY religion is fair game. And I am also Catholic so get the hell over yourself.

Every religion is fair game, but there are lines and you crossed them. And didn't you say in another thread that you were Catholic but not anymore? Even so just because you're Catholic doesn't make it right to make a really offensive joke about the faith.

Then again I guess that I am taking this a bit out of proportions, but your comment still was a bit too edgy and pushing it.

Yea it's rather stupid and defeats the whole purpose of making a convenient games, at least for the spectators. This is why the whole multi-national bids will almost never win because of distance. If a city out there is offering a games that is more convenient to the spectators, then they will definitely get chosen over a multi-national bid. Unless it's competing against a not-so-safe city, or Doha.

I hope this isn't Agenda 2020 at work here. If the Italians think that's license to do something like this (unless we're just talking about satellite football venues, obviously that would be fine), they're going to have a tough time beating the competition.

I hope this isn't Agenda 2020 at work here. If the Italians think that's license to do something like this (unless we're just talking about satellite football venues, obviously that would be fine), they're going to have a tough time beating the competition.

I'm always surprised that putting football in other cities is like - oh, of course, no problem... but putting vollyball elsewhere would be bad.