With Rome Italy in this is an game changer and big big threats in this race I'm sure the IOC would love another Olympics Games mass with the Pope like they did in the 1960 Summer Games with Pope Saint John 23, Many many IOC are Roman Catholic it will be an dream come true to go to the Vatican City and watch Olympics events on the same day. Rome Italy only other bid race since 1960 was with 2004 up against Greece birthplace of the Olympics Games came 2nd place Rome Italy got big advantage other others cities with no other place can put on a Mass with the Pope. .

With Rome Italy in this is an game changer and big big threats in this race I'm sure the IOC would love another Olympics Games mass with the Pope like they did in the 1960 Summer Games with Pope Saint John 23, Many many IOC are Roman Catholic it will be an dream come true to go to the Vatican City and watch Olympics events on the same day. Rome Italy only other bid race since 1960 was with 2004 up against Greece birthplace of the Olympics Games came 2nd place Rome Italy got big advantage other others cities with no other place can put on a Mass with the Pope. .

Eww no let's leave religion out of this, even the pope. I'm not opposed to his presence there, but I'd very much like him just to go as a spectator and not have any part in the ceremonies. And I'm Catholic, or at least was lol

Eww no let's leave religion out of this, even the pope. I'm not opposed to his presence there, but I'd very much like him just to go as a spectator and not have any part in the ceremonies. And I'm Catholic, or at least was lol

Well, I imagine Italy and the Vatican will have to work it out that summer 2024 should NOT be another big Ecclesiastical year for the Holy See so that hordes of pilgrims and Olympic fans do NOT all converge in the Eternal City during those crucial 2 weeks.

Rome still came in with 41 votes in to Athens' 66 in 1997 to win 2004. Madrid only got 32 to Rio's 66 in 2009 -- so one can see that even back in 1997, Rome has a bigger following than Madrid (even with the Samaranches) within the IOC.

Rome can pull the Holy See card, especially with Francis being from Argentina now, Rome can also bring in the South American bloc of votes.

It's surprising... Italy don't have money to waste in SoG, like the majority of countries in Europe en moreover in the South of Europe. I'm sure they will stop their bid before the official process.

Some on these boards are saying the same thing about your France. Go figure.

Rome still came in with 41 votes in to Athens' 66 in 1997 to win 2004. Madrid only got 32 to Rio's 66 in 2009 -- so one can see that even back in 1997, Rome has a bigger following than Madrid (even with the Samaranches) within the IOC.

Rome can pull the Holy See card, especially with Francis being from Argentina now, Rome can also bring in the South American bloc of votes.

Not only all of that. But it's ROMA, for Pietro's sake!

Italy's *overall* unemployment rate right now is 13%. Only half of what Spain's was at the time of the 2020 bid. What you're talking about is the youth unemployment rate. Still not good, but you're not painting an accurate picture there.

Not to mention that youth unemployment is always significantly higher then normal unemployment. Here in Aust it's at 14% whereas general unemployment is only at 6%

Rome, Italy will be the Favourite to Host the 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. Berlin, Germany will also be one of the Favourites too.

Oh great, push the mega event on us...thanks France.

I thought it was obvious that France is always quick to bring up their white flag on everything! ;)

And honestly right now judging by who's financially capable of hosting the games, the US and Germany have the best shot right now. But as easy as it would be to do, I still wouldn't count out Rome or France.

I thought it was obvious that France is always quick to bring up their white flag on everything! ;)

And honestly right now judging by who's financially capable of hosting the games, the US and Germany have the best shot right now. But as easy as it would be to do, I still wouldn't count out Rome or France.

That's what I was saying when most People were saying Rome won't Bid. I guess I was Right.

That's what I was saying when most People were saying Rome won't Bid. I guess I was Right.

Note - If you don't want to be perceived as a snivelling little asshole, you may want to hold off on the goating. Especially as Rome hasn't actully bid yet.

Serious quesion Tony - Do you want to be viewed a a snivelling little asshole?

• Like 2