Sign in to follow this  
Citius Altius Fortius

James Bond 007 - 2015 - Spectre

This did NOT take long to post. :D

Looking forward to it already.

Spectre, eh? So they must have settled that copyright thing with McClory that prevented them from using it since Diamonds Are Forever.

How many more Bonds is Daniel Craig signed up for? I've got a feeling it's one more after this isn't it?

Skyfall will be a hard act to follow

It will indeed. Not often I rate a "new" item - Oly OC, Bond movie, whatever - as a "best", but Skyfall sure fights it out with Goldfinger for my favourite.

I see they say Monica Bellucci will be the oldest Bond girl to date - they're wrong, that was Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor.

Hugh Jackman would be perfect as a song-and-dance James!!

Actually, I'm sure that I saw a report a year or two ago that Jackman actually was considered for the Bond role at one stage.

I see they say Monica Bellucci will be the oldest Bond girl to date - they're wrong, that was Elizabeth Mountbatten-Windsor.

:lol:

• Like 2

Monica Belucci's soon-to-be ex-husband would have made a great Bond villain.

Some dude is divorcing Monica Bellucci?? How... why.... arrg

As for song, I'm betting it'll be Iggy Azalea

...she has so many horse parts.

...sia? ...she wrote diamonds (Rihanna) which seems kinda bond-y and coulda been a great title song.

Or.......Florence Welch / Florence + the machine? That could be real interesting.

Edited by paul

Christoph Waltz will be worth all the money as Blofeld, I guess.

Udo Kier would make an excellent Ernst Stavro Blofeld! but Christoph Waltz being all the rage now could work too.

...she has so many horse parts.

...sia? ...she wrote diamonds (Rihanna) which seems kinda bond-y and coulda been a great title song.

Or.......Florence Welch / Florence + the machine? That could be real interesting.

Sia could inded be interesting, Florence maybe a bit OTT.

Of course, it's been a while since they tried the A-ha / Duran approach ....

Some dude is divorcing Monica Bellucci?? How... why.... arrg

As for song, I'm betting it'll be Iggy Azalea

If Vincent Cassell is some dude, then yeah.

So, can James Bond be played by a guy of color??

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-30594460

The prospect of Idris Elba eventually replacing Daniel Craig as the next James Bond went from hypothetical internet speculation to something more substantial last week, when the Daily Beastuncovered an interesting nugget in the piles of hacked Sony emails.

"Idris should be the next Bond," Sony Pictures chair Amy Pascal wrote, reportedly to a fellow studio executive.

Continue reading the main storyStart Quote

We had 50 years of white Bonds because Bond is white”

Rush LimbaughConservative commentator

That was enough to set conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh into a tizzy. Bond, he said on his radio programme last week, has a distinct ethnic profile that Mr Elba, who is black, doesn't fit.

"He was white and Scottish, period. That is who James Bond is," Limbaugh said, adding: "I know it's racist to probably even point this out."

"But the franchise needs to get with it, right?" he continued. "The franchise needs to get hip. The franchise needs to get with the 21st Century. That's right. We had 50 years of white Bonds because Bond is white. Bond was never black."

Limbaugh said that casting Mr Elba as Bond would be equivalent to having George Clooney play Barack Obama or Kelsey Grammar in the role of Nelson Mandela (although he acknowledged the difference between actual people and fictional characters).

Discuss.