Eighth Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Design Contest **Official thread/Fil officiel**

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sharp lines and edges remind me of the Melbourne Metro logo (personally one of my favorite metro logos in the world).

170612045122_FIaKN3Dw_l.jpg

And the Melbourne city logo:

triangle.jpg

You are correct in that those trianglar shapes are distinctively Melbourne- drawing on the distinctive facade of Federation Square. The style is prominent on other public buildings, City of Melbourne branding, and as you mention PTV (Metro) branding on all trains trams and buses.

Can't there be ONE logo which is self-explanatory -- one which to the ordinary person tells the whole story and evokes the city WITHOUT reams of esoteric information which one doesn't necessarily want to see or read?

'cause those are often seen in real games logos.

Can't there be ONE logo which is self-explanatory -- one which to the ordinary person tells the whole story and evokes the city WITHOUT reams of esoteric information which one doesn't necessarily want to see or read?

If you told me Sydney 2000 had the Opera House in their logo I would've said I didn't see it until you told me. I just see a rhythmic gymnast. Beijing, I'm pretty sure there is some sort of Chinese character within the running man and to this day, I have know clue what it is. London 2012... Don't even get me started. So I would stop your complaining cuz I'm tired of it.

If you told me Sydney 2000 had the Opera House in their logo I would've said I didn't see it until you told me. I just see a rhythmic gymnast. Beijing, I'm pretty sure there is some sort of Chinese character within the running man and to this day, I have know clue what it is. London 2012... Don't even get me started. So I would stop your complaining cuz I'm tired of it.

Tough sh*t, Anthony. But you're not me -- so I'll stop WHEN I like. Besides, that wasn't a complaint; it was a comment. :rolleyes:

I believe the character is the '京' (Jing) from '北京' (Beijing) meaning capital(?)

Kinda disappointed though. I thought it meant something cooler. Hehe

I tried making the Melbourne logo less symmetrical...

I think I quite like it. Not sure if it's too late though...

It might well be now:

Happy New Year to everybody who's already in 2015. Meanwhile, for those who aren't, here's my Winter entry, representing the Borjomi Gorge, and the funny sculptural bridge in the town.

borjomi.png

borjomi.png

If you're seeing two logos there, you need to stop celebrating Hogmanay

Happy New Year all!

Okay, submissions for 2022 are closed. A rest day today (my poor throbbing head needs it - I'm too old for this partying sh!t)) and tomorrow, after our western hemisphere members stumble into 2015, we'll proceed to vote.

I won't close off Tokyo 2020 just yet. No reason people can't submit some late Tokyo designs while the winter vote is on. So that should give another few days if anyone gets inspired by the 2022 vote.

Pack your winter woollies, we'll meet together in sublime Salzburg to get this voting going.

Where's the paracetamol?

Archived