Eighth Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Design Contest **Official thread/Fil officiel**

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, a coffee and a fry-up. That makes me feel slightly better.

Okay, I'm gonna post up the first poll about this time, or a little earlier, tomorrow. Say about 9am Sydney time, whatever that is in your neck of the woods. There's no reason anyone can't submit last gasp entries till then. But I'm not going to linger beyond that. And Tokyo entries can still come in till I do that poll after the WOG section.

...here's one for Harbin

harbin-logo-chinese-403px.png

.....maybe English is required by the IOC????

harbin-logo-403px.png

I will add some info on inspiration soon.

Nice logo.. But I don't think you need the character 'shi' () because it means 'city'

The Chinese logo will read "Harbin City 2022" instead of "Harbin 2022"

Ah, a coffee and a fry-up. That makes me feel slightly better.

Okay, I'm gonna post up the first poll about this time, or a little earlier, tomorrow. Say about 9am Sydney time, whatever that is in your neck of the woods. There's no reason anyone can't submit last gasp entries till then. But I'm not going to linger beyond that. And Tokyo entries can still come in till I do that poll after the WOG section.

So if I want to make slight changes to my Tokyo one, that is okay? As long as I have it in today?

I'm happy to present my FINAL Tokyo 2020 logo. I hope you all like it and I hope that you all have a great 2015!

14t0bxz.png

The logo is an origami styled cherry blossom. The cherry blossom is a popular symbol of Japan and is one of the nations notable flowers. The Cherry Blossom has also come to represent international friendship, an example of this can be found in Washington DC where Cherry Blossoms decorate the Tidal Basin. These trees were a gift from the Mayor of Tokyo to the United States in 1912 as a sign of friendship between the two nations. The logo is meant to encourage international friendship.

...wow my burrrrrrrrrrrr made it through.

Here's a little more fun stuff.

6072031202_92ce1d98bb_o.jpg

Now that I see it like this, it would actually make a really great Tokyo logo. It's the Hinomaru, but like a really technical, busy, vibrant version of it, kinda like Tokyo itself.

This is seriously great.

ありがとう

Now that I see it like this, it would actually make a really great Tokyo logo. It's the Hinomaru, but like a really technical, busy, vibrant version of it, kinda like Tokyo itself.

...i thought about that when i was doing it...but it really has a lot of Chinese /winter inspiration behind it which I didn't go into. :)

harbin-opera.png

ooooh I like it! but I only see the word 日 (Sun, Japan, land of the rising sun) and maybe 只 (I don't think this was intentional seeing how this is a character used to describe counting/numbers) with my limited Chinese knowledge. Could you please explain?

Thank you. So what I did was I took various parts from victory (勝利) and sport (スポーツ).

These are the characters I used, just to be clearer: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130356407@N06/16197164771/

Archived