Eighth Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Design Contest **Official thread/Fil officiel**

keep the one I have already submitted.

I don't think you should expect much support should you do so. I think most here object to your use of clip art.

2isa35s.jpg

... and I also see this as evidence of your ability to hue shift, given how this mock logo employs the exact same gradients as the Chicago 2016 bid logo it is based on, so I'm not buying your "reconstruction" story as to how you created your Tokyo logo.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my submission for anchorage 2022 http://www.pinterest.com/pin/365706432216194370/

My logo represents the peace of Alaska. The lines represent the northern lights which are often seen in Alaska. The mountains resemble the nature and landscape of the state. The motto for my logo is Follow the Dream.

Here is my submission for anchorage 2022 http://www.pinterest.com/pin/365706432216194370/

My logo represents the peace of Alaska. The lines represent the northern lights which are often seen in Alaska. The mountains resemble the nature and landscape of the state. The motto for my logo is Follow the Dream.

16129463241_159e36d43d.jpgwide-mountain-range-s-md by NZLGamesBids, on Flickr

http://www.clker.com/clipart-wide-mountain-range-s.html

Appropriate...? I really don't think so.

Well if Miss Eurasia can use Harbins 2010 logo as PART of his Harbin logo, then I should be able to use those mountains as PART of my Anchorage logo.

So, it's early Monday the 29th here in Sunny Sydney. That makes it about three days left till I close off (and I won't be a stickler for midnight NYE - I'll be off partying with latinos and I won't be leaving the salsa floor early just to go and close the thread). If we go by the precedent of past years, there's a chance we'll get a few heavyweight entries submitted in these final hours.

I'm going to start collating the entries today to see where we stand on numbers and if we'll go ahead with the new voting proposal for the WOG sector or not. Conchita Wurst needs to know the format so she can start planning her hosting outfit.

Well if Miss Eurasia can use Harbins 2010 logo as PART of his Harbin logo, then I should be able to use those mountains as PART of my Anchorage logo.

1st of all I'm a woman, so I do not know why you believe I have what you have.

2nd of all I am withdrawing my Harbin entry, I believe it is inappropriate and it is what all the copying stuff so I apologise for that.

I think we all know very well former Logos from Candiate Cities, Applicants, etc. So it is easy to see which Logos are ''combined'', or changed insignificanty. But YOU show us a Logo with NO WORD that this is made with templates. You let us think that this Logo was your own work and hope that no one find the lie in it. A significant difference !!!

As I said it posts before, no one was born as a Photoshop Designer and I think no one would be angry if someone says that the Logo wasn't done by him/herself ... But pls be honest and tell the people here whats going on, otherwise this Competition is doomed to failure :(

I think we all know very well former Logos from Candiate Cities, Applicants, etc. So it is easy to see which Logos are ''combined'', or changed insignificanty. But YOU show us a Logo with NO WORD that this is made with templates. You let us think that this Logo was your own work and hope that no one find the lie in it. A significant difference !!!

As I said it posts before, no one was born as a Photoshop Designer and I think no one would be angry if someone says that the Logo wasn't done by him/herself ... But pls be honest and tell the people here whats going on, otherwise this Competition is doomed to failure :(

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/24631-eight-annual-gamesbids-olympic-logo-design-contest-official-threadfil-officiel/page-2#entry464980

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/24631-eight-annual-gamesbids-olympic-logo-design-contest-official-threadfil-officiel/page-2#entry464992

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/24631-eight-annual-gamesbids-olympic-logo-design-contest-official-threadfil-officiel/page-3#entry464998

2XHwk6K.jpg

PfL53R6.jpg

Inspired by an 'S' (for 'Santiago'), a Google Image search of 'Chilean Art' and a little bit from the Shazam app, I present to you my logo for Santiago 2022! The sharp, winding chain of polygons can represent the Andes Mountain range. The shapes extruding out of the S can represent waves crashing towards the tropical(?) beaches of Santiago, and the mix of colors can represent diversity. The S can also represent a skier's trail. I think I may have made this logo a bit too warm for a Winter Games. oops xD

Question 1: Why is the Olympic Rings so small they're barely noticeable?

Question 2: Where exactly would one put Santiago 2022 (at the very least) on the actual logo?

The curves on the bottom half of the logo (particularly the red) isn't as fluid as the top half, if you understand what I mean.

I think these need to be addressed. Otherwise, an interesting logo.

You let us think that this Logo was your own work and hope that no one find the lie in it.

I don't think I expected the logo was his, given he had just tried to cheat twice. I guess some people, not looking at anyone ;) , never learn.

Archived