Eighth Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Design Contest **Official thread/Fil officiel**

See everyone even a 5 year old can submit an entry! B);)

tokyo_zpsea95ed36.png

I never gave my explanation. So the T represents a cherry blossom tree with a cherry blossom below it. The first O is meant to be the giant red sun on the Japanese flag. The K was meant to be like Mount Fuji or something but it came out a bit crap. The Y is Pikachu from Pokemon, i'm sure most people know that's Japanese. And the final O is nothing really, make up what you wish for that haha.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*cough* staged the Olympics 44 years before the losers up the coast *cough* worlds most liveable city almost every year for a decade *cough* gave the world Kylie Minogue *cough* vastly superior football code *cough*

Phew! Something stuck in my throat there!

my next entry...

Tokyo_2020-b_zpsf4ebb67c.jpg

I.... I love it. Maybe she's born with it? Maybe it's Maybelline?

Here is my Melbourne entry,

15381876233_496299b0e1.jpgLogo by NZLGamesBids, on Flickr

Firstly, is the shape of an M, symbolising Melbourne obviously, with a cut out representing the top of Port Phillip where Melbourne is situated. Geometric shapes often feature in modern Melbourne architecture and design and this combined with the sandstone colours is a representation of iconic Melbourne attraction Federation Square on this logo. The aforementioned cut out also represents a mountain, bringing the logo back to the winter olympic games. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

NZL

It seems I have too much time on my hands... :P

15978156226_4198fe6789_k.jpgLook by NZLGamesBids, on Flickr

This is "The Look" for my logo which I described as...

It is based on the sun of the Japanese flag. This is then overlaid with the Japanese symbol Kangxi Radical 9 (人) which, if I have researched correctly, means person/people. It also is a representation of Tokyo Tower, an icon of Tokyo around the world. This presented alongside the rings symbolises people joining together for the games in this great country. The overall theme for the design is simplicity, something often seen in modern Japanese design.

Hope this adds value to my logo.

NZL

Just a note, neither the templates nor the images are mine, just the logos pasted over them. :)

Anchorage%2B2022.jpg

The meaning behind my Anchorage logo: A for Anchorage, A for Alaska, A, for America. The dots represent snow and the Winter Games and the colours of red and blue against a white backdrop represent the colours of the USA flag.

Anchorage%2B2022.jpg

The meaning behind my Anchorage logo: A for Anchorage, A for Alaska, A, for America. The dots represent snow and the Winter Games and the colours of red and blue against a white backdrop represent the colours of the USA flag.

Looks like a mix between Athens 2004 and Atlanta 1996 bid logos.

7015.gif

Image_olympiclogo_atlanta_01.gif

Anchorage%2B2022.jpg

Looks good, the only thing that I see wrong is the "red" dots look more orange to me.

I decided to give my Borjomi a little more thought. Trees are obviously a big deal there considering their past bid logo and their city flag. So I decided to go with that route. I present to you the Forest Snowflake of Borjomi. My main inspiration is this type of view from the forest floor.

k8Wyqyn.png

I also whipped up a version that's a slightly more literal interpretation of the city flag, but I thought it kind of busy.

Alrighty: Last is my submission for Harbin 2022: The Lucky Tiger.

My inspiration all around was the Beijing 2008 emblem. As "Dancing Beijing" took the form of a traditional seal, this emblem invokes the tradition of paper cutting. Chinese people believe that the red paper-cuts on the door can bring good luck and happiness to the whole family, so to will this emblem bring good luck and happiness to the Olympic family.

The Beijing Olympic games started on the auspicious date of 8.8.2008. The Harbin 2022 games (I am now declaring), will begin on February 1, 2022, the start of the Chinese lunar year, the Year of the Tiger.

Also, there's a tiger zoo in Harbin. TIGERS!

m4fjhd8.png

Disclaimer: I just found some paper cut images via Google, found one I liked, and played around with it, and added mountains and rings.

you are single handedly carrying this contest on your back until a twin shows up.

He he. I have had a *lot* of down time recently. Which is about to end quite abruptly as I switch gears. This logo comp has been a welcome distraction and a fun hobby.

Archived