Eighth Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Design Contest **Official thread/Fil officiel**

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally have no problem with that similarity. If we're allowing Harbin to be virtually identical to another bid logo just recoloured, a flower that bears some resemblance to Osaka's logo is fine with me.

You have a point. Perhaps with a few more tweaks, it can stand out more on its own merit. I'm looking forward to other feedback.

I still kinda feel like a dolt for not thinking about Osaka's bid. (Honestly, my inspiration was Calgary!)

I was wondering if anyone would go with Tokyo using or incorporating somehow the rising sun that was a common feature for both Tokyo 64 and Sapporo 72.

I'm tempted to reuse revive my submission for the Aomori contest, which was a highly stylized pearl, colored red like the rising sun. Not sure if that breaks and rules.

I'm tempted to reuse revive my submission for the Aomori contest, which was a highly stylized pearl, colored red like the rising sun. Not sure if that breaks and rules.

Recycling a past submission? That's a new one. I'll have to muse on that, and see what others think.

Thing is, we have dozens of entries every year, I doubt anyone would've rememberd had you not said anything barrack! I don't know what anyone else thinks but if it's your design and you're happy it fits with a different city, fine by me. I recycle unused work professionally so I can't say no to this without being a hypocrite. :P

Good point Rob. As a professional writer, I can't say I've never recycled my stories either.

My natural tendency is always to err on the side of permissiveness, and let the voters decide - and the electorate here is a tough and nit picky bunch.

As long as no-one has any strong objections, I'm prepared to let it go. I'm intrigued to see it now anyway. The original link to it in the original comp thread seems to have expired, on my computer at least.

GB-Contest---Tokyo-2020---1_zps5632ac7f.

NOT MY FINAL SUBMISSION. I would just like some feedback! Thanks guys!

I love this one B) .As far as I can remember you are very quick to finish your job,aren't you.Great! I hope to post my feedback by this weekend ;) .

I've given him an Access All Areas pass.

Oh,thanks again :) .

Hehe, never even noticed Soyoshi, great one Rols :lol:

He says he's looking forward to see Sussex yoshi's logo :lol: .

Here is my (at least preliminary outline) logo for Tokyo 2020:

"人” also looks like Yoyogi National Gymnasium B) .

Hey all. It's been a while since I've been active, but I've got some free time and I *love* logo comp season!

Here's my concept: the cherry blossom. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I imagine it might evolve quite a bit until final form. Based on the Yoshino blossom, which has a little divot at the tip of the petal.

LYStoyI.png

.........its beautiful....of corse.

I'm not 100% on this but here is my submission for Harbin 2022

15314324514_b5c896bf52_c.jpgLogo by NZLGamesBids, on Flickr

It is based on the flower that appears on the cities flag and seal, which is morphed into a snowflake representing the Winter Games and the "Ice City" as Harbin is known.

I'm open to any feedback and will probably enter this unless I can create anything better.

NZL

Here's an updated version of my initial concept.

aiapQ9N.png

Name: Yoshino Cherry Blossom

Inspiration: Tokyo 2020 Bid Logo, Calgary '88 Emblem

Design Elements: Segments of 5 rings combine to form a flower. Where they intersect is the location of the Hinomaru, which has been a central theme in previous emblems.

Typeface: Meant to look like origami.

Bernham and Partners submits Tokyo 2020 logo

Today, Baton Rouge firm Bernham and Partners unvield their logo submission to the TOCOG. If selected the logo, which features an origami styled dove with a sleek and modern 'Tokyo 2020' underneath, will be used in the marketing for the Tokyo 2020 games. Mr. Bernham the creator had this to say about it, "In our leaks we showed the poster for the Tokyo 1940 Games (which were cancelled due to World War II) with the caption 'History will come alive', this was meant to remind people of WWII and the changes it brought to Japan. However, our selection of the origami dove or bird is also meant to remember WWII and how Japan has fulfilled the Olympic ideals by making a lasting peace with the world. It is also is in memory of a young girl who had radiation poisoning from the bombs in Hiroshima, while she was dying in the hospital she made origami doves to advocate world peace. This fad caught on and the dove has in some ways become a symbol for the country.". The logo is below along with some banners.

20729hk.gif

fo3gb9.jpg

2v1l1lj.jpg242iw3o.jpg14o2fte.jpg

1zf1nrb.jpg21erl85.jpg

Archived