Eighth Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Design Contest **Official thread/Fil officiel**

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The concept of the Melbourne 2022 Logo:

The white parts of the logo are meant to represent the mountains of Melbourne, it is in a circular shape because the circle represent the bright sun in Australia (One of my favourite things about Australia!) I used aboriginal art (circles) to fill in the rest of the circle, I used the colours red, orange and yellow since they are the colour of the sun.

The concept of the Melbourne 2022 Logo:

The white parts of the logo are meant to represent the mountains of Melbourne, it is in a circular shape because the circle represent the bright sun in Australia (One of my favourite things about Australia!) I used aboriginal art (circles) to fill in the rest of the circle, I used the colours red, orange and yellow since they are the colour of the sun.

Thanks MissEurasia! And here 'tis

E2q4Zv.jpg

Melbourne has mountains? Must of missed those the 40 odd years I lived there. Ya learn something new everyday. Also the local Koori are known for their more muted art palate (deep ochres, browns, blues) but nonetheless an interesting take.

Thanks!, I was thinking of doing blue, but I decided to go with the the colours of the sun instead, I might edit it and make the colours slightly more transparent.

Not only is it okay - it's encouraged!

Ok! I'll get to work!

Just to add some color here this is my first draft of a Tokyo logo. I wanted to do an oragami like effect, but it turned out more like a mosaic. Well I guess I have a logo for Barcelona ;) , this is not my final logo just posting it here to see what you guys think and maybe even give some of you an idea.

5v3jpd.png

Here is my (at least preliminary outline) logo for Tokyo 2020:

15903623206_99b84dc7e4_o.pngLogo by NZLGamesBids, on Flickr

It is based on the sun of the Japanese flag. This is then overlaid with the Japanese symbol Kangxi Radical 9 which, if I have researched correctly, means person/people. It also is a representation of Tokyo Tower, an icon of Tokyo around the world. This presented alongside the rings symbolises people joining together for the games in this great country. The overall theme for the design is simplicity, something often seen in modern Japanese design.

I am open to feedback and would like to hear your critique. Please tell me if I have misinterpreted the meaning of the symbol or have caused offence.

Thanks,

NZL

*Sorry, didn't realise how big that logo was going to paste.

Hey all. It's been a while since I've been active, but I've got some free time and I *love* logo comp season!

Here's my concept: the cherry blossom. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I imagine it might evolve quite a bit until final form. Based on the Yoshino blossom, which has a little divot at the tip of the petal.

LYStoyI.png

Archived