Segregated Michael Brown rally in Toronto

WOW!! What about this report of an outright segregated rally for the Ferguson thug Michael Brown, in Toronto. -- You non-blacks, DON'T take up space...and stay in the sidelines!! :blink: With organizers like those, who needs enemies??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2852167/Please-refrain-taking-space-controversial-rules-white-people-Michael-Brown-vigil-Toronto.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of how you feel about the actual case it still has opened two very important discussions about race and the power of police that must be had in the US and in some of our global sisters.

What? That's the whole point of having police -- to keep law and order and keep thugs/bullies like M. Brown in tow.

That's two points, one valid and theoretically applicable up to the highest reaches of corporate crime, the other sounding very much like the politics of low-hanging fruit.

Stop getting all philosophical. It doesn't apply. The adult in question, had he not bullied his way into the store,shoving the clerk and paying for the cigarettes like any regular, law-abiding citizen and NOT TAKING what wasn't his, then there wouldn't be these sad consequences we see afterwards. All because of one young man's arrogant cupidity...and he got caught and the law was going to go after him. And his family is all in DENIAL, not seeing that their beloved baby boy was a thug, a thief and bully.

B's got a point...this young man was getting away with a crime!

Lets not forget the buildup to what ended up being. This massive six foot plus tall stocky built man must have a truly scary and intimidating giant to those store owners. I wouldn't have wanted to take him on. What makes it worse is in this town, from what reports say, "grab and dash" shoplifting is considered a normal thing to do by trouble making youth groups.

And this is not just an American thing, this happens everywhere, even here in NZ. What makes it worse is the wall to wall coverage that the riots are getting, allowing sh!tstirrers to get a soapbox moment to push agendas that are usually indirectly connected to the case.

Yes there are social issues that the US needs to deal with...But rampaging through neighbourhoods and terrorising local business owners just isn't right.

B's got a point...this young man was getting away with a crime!

Yes there are social issues that the US needs to deal with...But rampaging through neighbourhoods and terrorising local business owners just isn't right.

Of course it isn't right. But why should the bullying theft of some cigars be so much more likely to justify execution without trial than the subtle theft of millions of dollars?

In the years 2012-13 and 2013-14 in the UK, nobody at all died from being shot by police officers.

In the UK there is substantially less risk of a police officer coming into contact with someone that is armed. You also don't have out-posts of every major criminal organization plus hundreds of local gangs that are all armed to the teeth to deal with either.

Of course it isn't right. But why should the bullying theft of some cigars be so much more likely to justify execution without trial than the subtle theft of millions of dollars?

Are you nuts? Is your liberal bug so incurable that you DON'T UNDERSTAND that the thug was reaching for the officer's gun and he was entitled to DEFEND himself? They are empowered by law to use force whether to enforce law and order or in defense of their lives. How come the bully 300-lb neanderthal has all the rights but the officer has none? I can't believe how off-kilter your moral compass is! Dumb Brown chose to tussle with someone he would eventually lose to. Wilson or ANY POLICE OFFICER cannot be held responsible for IDIOTS like that.

Ugh I was hoping this topic would not arise on this site.

People just need to realise baron is trolling and trying to get a rise out of people. If no one replies the topic should die.

It should be evident from the thread title this topic was very much directed at 1 person, as well.

It should be evident from the thread title this topic was very much directed at 1 person, as well.

STOP putting motives in my post. It was NOT directed at any one person. It's a general news item and this one seemed to have been conveniently forgotten by the rest of the press. As I've said, there are always at least 2 sides to every polyhedron.

Inflammatory, possibly but at least keeps the issue away from the "what's on your mind" side bar.

I'm wondering if this topic was opened up by someone else, we wouldn't be so tit for tat, but instead discussing the Social problems that have cause so much anguish and hurt here.

p.s. Enjoy your Black Friday shopping everyone....

I'm wondering if this topic was opened up by someone else, we wouldn't be so tit for tat

I agree. Which is why I'm not responding with my thoughts on the whole matter because it's clearly set up for all of our opinions to be shot down by one person who wants to belittle our opinions on the matter.

Are you nuts? Is your liberal bug so incurable that you DON'T UNDERSTAND that the thug was reaching for the officer's gun and he was entitled to DEFEND himself? They are empowered by law to use force whether to enforce law and order or in defense of their lives. How come the bully 300-lb neanderthal has all the rights but the officer has none? I can't believe how off-kilter your moral compass is! Dumb Brown chose to tussle with someone he would eventually lose to. Wilson or ANY POLICE OFFICER cannot be held responsible for IDIOTS like that.

It's not a liberal bug its a "living in a country where most police don't even have Tasers" bug. 300lb bullies in the UK tend to survive their contact with the police, and to be punished by the courts, which is what the law intends.

It's not a liberal bug its a "living in a country where most police don't even have Tasers" bug. 300lb bullies in the UK tend to survive their contact with the police, and to be punished by the courts, which is what the law intends.

So, they don't. And even if they had tasers, there'd be some other scenario persuasions like yours would cook up to denigrate what the police are there for -- to protect the weak and the helpless from swaggering bullies like Brown who think they can push around the little people, like the convenience store owners/clerks who make an honest living.

Only problem is, half-developed brains like MB can't think twice that in a tussle with an armed cop, he would probably lose. Did he really think that the cop would not put up a fight and at least defend his life?? Duh. And the sad thing is, he seems to have come from a family that seems to know right from wrong. Or at least they seem contrite after the fact. It's just sad all around--and even more so when the perspective and right scale of law and order are perverted under the cries of "racism."

What did Brown ever contribute to society in his short, pathetic life? NOTHING but anarchy and twisted views of things. Wouldn't be surprised if the quality of life in Ferguson sinks even deeper into an abyss after the 'heroic deeds of a criminal.' I really feel sorry for the upstanding citizens of that community.

I agree. Which is why I'm not responding with my thoughts on the whole matter because it's clearly set up for all of our opinions to be shot down by one person who wants to belittle our opinions on the matter.

There is a right and wrong of things -- and I will stand up for what is right...to my dying breath. Brown and people who champion his misguided cause are WRONG. And the other side can VOICE their opinion because it affects the whole of society. Why? Do you think that only the anti-police forces (just a couple of thousands...in a continent of some 350 million) are the only ones to speak up? Please think again.

Sorry, you got me started...

Only problem is, half-developed brains like MB can't think twice that in a tussle with an armed cop, he would probably lose. Did he really think that the cop would not put up a fight and at least defend his life?? Duh. And the sad thing is, he seems to have come from a family that seems to know right from wrong. Or at least they seem contrite after the fact. It's just sad all around--and even more so when the perspective and right scale of law and order are perverted under the cries of "racism."

What did Brown ever contribute to society in his short, pathetic life? NOTHING but anarchy and twisted views of things. Wouldn't be surprised if the quality of life in Ferguson sinks even deeper into an abyss after the 'heroic deeds of a criminal.' I really feel sorry for the upstanding citizens of that community.

This is what I don't understand?

Who in their right mind wants to take on an armed officer of the law...KNOWING, and he did, the possible full and final consequences of his actions.

And then it's the police officers fault?

Yes the 95% of Ferguson's population will suffer for the actions of the stirrers and law haters that have torn the place apart...Great! :angry:

By the way, tasers don't work all the time. There's enough YouTube vidoe out there to prove it.

Oh MB and anti-law and order fans, Egyptian ex-president Hosni Mubarak has just been cleared of all charges.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/29/hosni-mubarak-cleared-conspiring-kill-protesters-egypt-2011-uprising?CMP=ema_565

maybe it's time to fly to Egypt and demonstrate over there.

Alexjc, nothing was directed at you and I don't understand why you think so. Where did I say it was in reply to you?? I don't even bother to read or respond to your posts for the most part, after the despicable stunt you pulled a few months ago. Not unless you have a guilty conscience.

Out.

This is what I don't understand?

Who in their right mind wants to take on an armed officer of the law...KNOWING, and he did, the possible full and final consequences of his actions.

And then it's the police officers fault?

Yes the 95% of Ferguson's population will suffer for the actions of the stirrers and law haters that have torn the place apart...Great! :angry:

The fact that Brown was a thug and the riots were completely over the top and hurt innocent people and businesses don't in any way change the arguments around America's gun culture, within its population in general and within its police forces.

Leaving Ferguson aside because I doubt it'll get us anywhere, a 12 year old who was guilty of nothing more than being a bit stupid was shot dead by police last week because some cops in the US seem to have a shoot first policy. ****'s sake! It's hardly "liberal" to want to change that is it?! Surely any right thinking person doesn't want to see a 12 year old shot dead because police in America deal with things differently. A 12 year old with a BB gun would not be dead in ANY other developed country on earth.

This is the problem.....

B1E2789CEAEbhd9.png

And it puts America's gun fetishists in a bit of a quandry. Because the only explanation I've seen for why things can't change and why things have to be this way is that police in the US are more wary because....people have guns!! So it's a vicious cycle.

Maybe the US is past the point of no return, and its police HAVE to be armed now. But if the nation is past the point of no return and CAN'T do things as other developed nations do because of the sheer amount of weaponary out there, it should feel sorry for itself, not hold gun ownership and its armed police up as a success story of libertarianism or some such bollocks.

Sorry, but the gun thing in America makes me seethe. Such a great country but with such a blindspot on this issue.

Oh MB and anti-law and order fans, Egyptian ex-president Hosni Mubarak has just been cleared of all charges.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/29/hosni-mubarak-cleared-conspiring-kill-protesters-egypt-2011-uprising?CMP=ema_565

maybe it's time to fly to Egypt and demonstrate over there.

Alexjc, nothing was directed at you and I don't understand why you think so. Where did I say it was in reply to you?? I don't even bother to read or respond to your posts for the most part, after the despicable stunt you pulled a few months ago. Not unless you have a guilty conscience.

Out.

Speaking of despicable stunts, why don't you take a look at yourself in the mirror right now.

Speaking of despicable stunts, why don't you take a look at yourself in the mirror right now.

Yeah right. Like I would listen to you. Why should I? Did I kill or slander anyone, or cause mayhem and riots? :rolleyes: So you won't find that bit of news in the paper? Right, I forgot, some posters here are selective in what they want to see and hear.

@Rob, I totally agree with you on the out-of-control gun situation in the US. But if the police didn't carry arms, do you think they would survive? I wouldn't feel safe if my police weren't armed.

if the nation is past the point of no return and CAN'T do things as other developed nations do because of the sheer amount of weaponary out there, it should feel sorry for itself, not hold gun ownership and its armed police up as a success story of libertarianism or some such bollocks.

The biggest irony is that the Second Amendment has now been almost totally sidestepped by the transfer of most meaningful power to multinational corporations. "The people" can form as many well-regulated militias as they want, but they can be defeated without a shot.

Archived