2022 Youth Olympic Games Competition

It's time for another GamesBids competition! This time you are to design a bid for the 2022 Youth Olympic Games.

Basic Guidelines:

-You may include a logo, but if you can't, just let your imagination run wild. This is a bid competition, not a popularity contest.

-It's up to you to include a bid book or not, but a pamphlet or brochure would suffice.

-The deadline for bid logos/documents will be at a time of my choosing. I will give fair warning when that time approaches. Extensions will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.

-Singapore, Nanjing, and Buenos Aires are ineligible because they have hosted/soon to host a YOG.

-Joint bids are allowed.

Who's up?

You do know the official annual logo comp starts on a just over a week?

These other little upstart comps must make you feel like JAS watching the rise (and fall) of Turner's Goodwill Games.

It's time for another GamesBids competition! This time you are to design a bid for the 2022 Youth Olympic Games.

Basic Guidelines:

-You may include a logo, but if you can't, just let your imagination run wild. This is a bid competition, not a popularity contest.

-It's up to you to include a bid book or not, but a pamphlet or brochure would suffice.

-The deadline for bid logos/documents will be at a time of my choosing. I will give fair warning when that time approaches. Extensions will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.

-Singapore, Nanjing, and Buenos Aires are ineligible because they have hosted/soon to host a YOG.

-Joint bids are allowed.

Who's up?

I'm in.

I propose a joint bid between Tianjin, China and Rosario, Argentina. I'm not sure I can commit to an unknown deadline, so I'd like to request one of those limited extensions you mention.

Thank you.

These other little upstart comps must make you feel like JAS watching the rise (and fall) of Turner's Goodwill Games.

I'm in.

I propose a joint bid between Tianjin, China and Rosario, Argentina. I'm not sure I can commit to an unknown deadline, so I'd like to request one of those limited extensions you mention.

Thank you.

Extension granted.

So far I have the following who have expressed interest:

MissEurasia: Dar Es Salaam

runningrings: Tianjin/Rosario

woohooitsme83: Ottawa

Ottawa Committee evaluates two logo concepts for planned bid

The Ottawa Youth Olympics Planning/Organizing Committee is set to reveal their logo "soon". They currently are deciding between two concepts and has revealed their vague silhouettes to amp-up support. Which one do you prefer?

DB3A8S7.jpg

As you can see, both logo's seem very centered upon circles and/or curves and are expected to include a vast array of colours to demonstrate Ottawa's (diverse) youth spirit.

it is rumoured that the bid may adopt a "diversity" and "understanding" theme.

The Ottawa Youth Olympics Planning/Organizing Committee is set to reveal their logo "soon". They currently are deciding between two concepts and has revealed their vague silhouettes to amp-up support. Which one do you prefer?

DB3A8S7.jpg

As you can see, both logo's seem very centered upon circles and/or curves and are expected to include a vast array of colours to demonstrate Ottawa's (diverse) youth spirit.

I like the second the most.

Baton Rouge Unveils Logo and Bid for 2022 Youth Olympic Games

After narrowingly winning the right to host the 2023 Pan American Games, Baton Rouge plans to use the 2022 Youth Olympic Games as a warm up. Phillip Hollis, the CEO of the committee had this to say, "Baton Rouge has such a youthful and vibrant feel. From our top universities and new Health District the city could not be any more youthful. Additionally we have undergone such an impressive transformation, whether it be through tech or the redevelopment of much of the city. Baton Rouge has a bright future and I hope the IOC will be excited to come here."

The logo was presented at a crowed Manship Theater downtown, local Students from Baton Rouge's Catholic High School and St. Josephs along with input from Baton Rouge Magnet High created the logo together. They explained the logo as showing the vibrancy, innovation, and diversity of the city. The logo will be used in all promotional material. The dates for bid book submission and the IOC conference have not been announced yet.

of1rtd.jpg

DB3A8S7.jpg

I like the second one.

Ottawa Committee Releases Logo via Social Media

Earlier Today, the Ottawa Youth Olympics Planning/Organizing Committee organized a logo revealing like no other... via Social Media! Hundreds of teens from around the world gathered on Parliament Hill to take selfies with the new logo. Mayor Watson stated the logo was "inspired by drawings sent to the committee by enthusiastic children and teens." After confirming the theme of "Diversity, acceptance, and tomorrow", the Ottawa Committee also has hinted of the release of the bid's slogan soon after.

CQ9nZh6.png

As shown (and rumoured), the logo uses extensive use of bright colours ranging from red to blue and purple to green. This was to demonstrate the diversity of Ottawa, and our world. The range of colours swirling around the big 'O' not only stood for 'Ottawa', but also as a demonstration of the ever-increasing harmony and acceptance of today's youth. The arms extending out of the swirl embeds with the swirl to continue the theme of diversity and acceptance as well as representing the spirit of Ottawa's youth; hopeful, optimistic, energetic.

Ottawa a Little More Colourful After Slogan Release

Almost as if simultaneously, clolourful decorations and new coats of paint began popping up all over the National Capital Region expressing the colours of the logo and text of the Slogan.

Ym2nUMw.png

The slogan contains three stanzas. "Feel the Spirit" is suppose to reflect the warm welcoming vibe and forward thinkingness of the youth of Ottawa. "Fuel the Spirit" is suppose to encourage views of hope, optimism, and energy among all youth and future generations to sustain a "better" future. "Embrace the Spirit" is meant to represent the acceptance of diversity and appreciation.

iAez7TD.jpg

Archived