May the odds be ever in your favour...

So yeah - film three in the Hunger Games quadrilogy opens today/tomorrow thus I thought it best to give krow a space to fangurrrrrrrl about it.

Thoughts? Prayers? Hugs?

And Tony - no one cares about your opinion on this topic

I'm allowed to Post My opinion as much as anyone else does, so don't say that. If this Thread goes off topic, You caused it, because of that last sentence. I will reply to it, because Your rude. Now, again, You took this off topic.

I'm allowed to Post My opinion as much as anyone else does, so don't say that. If this Thread goes off topic, You caused it, because of that last sentence. I will reply to it, because Your rude. Now, again, You took this off topic.

Yeah, there was no need to bring you in like that. Likewise, there was no need for you to spend one of your precious few daily posts on that reply.

Back to topic: I enjoyed the first movie to my surprise, wasn't impressed by the second one and since I haven't read (or ever will read) the books, I won't lose much sleep over the remaining movies either way.

Yeah, there was no need to bring you in like that. Likewise, there was no need for you to spend one of your precious few daily posts on that reply.

Back to topic: I enjoyed the first movie to my surprise, wasn't impressed by the second one and since I haven't read (or ever will read) the books, I won't lose much sleep over the remaining movies either way.

That is one of the biggest problems with the 2nd movie. Reading the book makes the movie so much better. The movie gives visuals to a lot of the things that were implicitly implied in the books or pieces that were a little too verbose.

I really enjoyed the third book. The only drawback is that the author rigidly stuck to here triplet format that she lost the ability to flesh out a few spots. It had a lot of great emotion and the ending was fantastic in that it portrays the less glamourized outcomes of a struggle like the one in the book and the costs of being involved in something even if you were doing what was right. It showed the sin-eater side of combatants.

YOU ARE MISSING OUT IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOKS! I WILL LITERALLY BUY YOU THE FIRST BOOK IF YOU WILL READ IT. PM ME, I WILL SERIOUSLY BUY YOU THE BOOK AND YOU WILL THANK ME LATER.

Nah, thanks. My next literary ambition will be re-reading ASOIF before the sixth book comes out, there's no room for Hunger Games :-)

if you can't take three and a half hours out of your life to binge read the best book ever, you're an idiot. the only reason you're so flippant is because YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK. george martin books take forever to finish and his writing isn't all that great anyway. this is where i tsk tsk you. you should stop posting in this thread and become as silent as an avox, which is a reference you prolly don't even get tsk tsk.

There is a difference between "you aren't allowed to" and "we don't care about it." We're not denying your right to express opinion, bruh, but knowing you, we (well, more like TNMP) have already made the precaution to reply a yet to be posted post such as the one I am replying to now.

if you can't take three and a half hours out of your life to binge read the best book ever, you're an idiot. the only reason you're so flippant is because YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK. george martin books take forever to finish and his writing isn't all that great anyway. this is where i tsk tsk you. you should stop posting in this thread and become as silent as an avox, which is a reference you prolly don't even get tsk tsk.

YES GREAT KROW. YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND.

*cuts off tongue*

Wasn't bad. Depends if you've read the books or not.

If you haven't read them you'll like the movie but hate the ending.

If you have read them you'll like it but wouldn't give it a 10/10.

It's all a bit of a wank for Jlaw. She dominates the movie. The books showed much more character development. As someone who has read the books and thinks they could have gotten away with making one movie, they wasted their chances with the character development of Finnick, Gale, Prim etc.

I am still in mourning for the little girl who died in part 1. Anyone of note die in this one? *Prays for Peeta. Prays for Peeta*

Ohh team gale fan? And I know that makes me sound like a 12 year old girl...

But no one important dies in this one. That will all be saved for part 2. Not looking forward to everyone in the cinema crying... Even though I'll be one of them

In an ideal world, both Mockingjay and Deathly Hallows would have been single movies, four or five hours long, because in the books the whole point is that the lead characters spend ages achieving not-very-much, and getting depressed, and the reader just knows that something's gotta give. Split them in two for the cinema and you end up with a whole year of depression.

When was the last four or five hour film commercially released into a huge amount of cinemas? Cinema operators hold a lot of sway and the movie studios know this. Splitting the films gives them huge profits and also allows multiple daily screenings. When Turner re-released Gone With The Wind into cinemas recently they could only have two daily screenings due to its length. No records will fall with that being the case :)

But of course you know all of this :)

When was the last four or five hour film commercially released into a huge amount of cinemas? Cinema operators hold a lot of sway and the movie studios know this. Splitting the films gives them huge profits and also allows multiple daily screenings.

Yup. I'm therefore considering NOT seeing M'jay1 until next November, and in the meantime I'll attempt to steer all discussions in the direction of other films. Should I start with Dude! Where's My Donkey?

my favorite part of mockingjay the book is where she shoots that woman through the heart when she comes up from underground and then feels kind of bad about it later, like she did when she killed the boy from district 1 even though she hated everything he stood for.

my own postscript is that she becomes president of panem at some point after the books end, or at least holds high office, because how could she not?

i couldn't imagine a better 5 thousandth post eleven years ago when i was posting to GB from my dorm room getting annoyed everytime the guys downstairs would make the floor shake because they were playing bittersweet symphony at top volume for the millionth time until i made the super christian guy who lived next to me go down and tell them to stop with me -- although part of me wishes my 5k post was a cutting belle brockoff joke.

my own postscript is that she becomes president of panem at some point after the books end, or at least holds high office, because how could she not?

i couldn't imagine a better 5 thousandth post eleven years ago when i was posting to GB from my dorm room getting annoyed everytime the guys downstairs would make the floor shake because they were playing bittersweet symphony at top volume for the millionth time until i made the super christian guy who lived next to me go down and tell them to stop with me -- although part of me wishes my 5k post was a cutting belle brockoff joke.

Those jokes were gold. Grats on 5k posts.

Tony's nearing that mark after only a year.

What sort of celebration would it be if someone didn't mention Tony. :lol:

Archived