Rio 2016 Medals

Well, regardless of medals. The repercussion in the Brazilian media is low so far. Reflects the absence of the Olympic atmosphere in the country .
The three largest news portals ( UOL , G1 and R7 ) do not put on the front page medals .
TV stations should only show on the evening news .
On the internet, out of Trending Topics on Twitter, which is dominated by Euro'16 (Iceland and Hungary) , dismissal of the coach of the Brazilian national football team, and the name of the congressman ' Tia Eron '.

No Olympic atmosphere in Brazil. The country is in a very serious political crisis.

No Olympic atmosphere in Brazil. The country is in a very serious political crisis.

Yes, but the economic outlook is improving.
People come to disengaging the political news gradually. Also, I do not believe that because of Rousseff out of power people will fail to see the Olympics.
The channels will broadcast the games, with or without political crisis. And people will watch the games with or without political crisis.

• 1 month later...
On 7 August 2016 at 4:45 PM, Citizen-Seth said:

Perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere, but why aren't the medalists given flowers?

Maybe it was thought of being wasteful. Cutting flowers, which shortens the life span. I like the 3D logo. The metal will go behind a glass. The logo you can keep out and handle. Flower you might have for a week or two then they die.

The flowers aren't to keep forever, but they are part of the sense of occasion - even (or perhaps especially), as Zeke said, thery're just thrown to the crowd. All the other aspects of the medal ceremonies - the podiums and the dresses on the assistants, I'd rate as good as anything other hosts have done, but I feel the winners on the podiums look bare without the flowers.

• Like 1