PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Media Updates

This is probably one a previous post, but-

A.  How much different will NBC’s coverage be from 2014 & 2016?  Aside from the obvious change in prime time anchors.

B.  How much of an incentive will February sweeps be for the network?

C.  Will we see more raw sports coverage (much like Summer 1988), or will it package the same way it has the last 26 years?

2 hours ago, A-Money1983 said:

A.  How much different will NBC’s coverage be from 2014 & 2016?  Aside from the obvious change in prime time anchors.

Extremely different.  NBC hasn't done a full-scale Asian Winter Olympics before (can't say they've never done one at all because they did have Sapporo in 1972).  The 2 main sports are both going to be available for them live in primetime, unlike 2014 where primetime was all on tape.  Even compared to Rio, there will be more live coverage in primetime than practically any Olympics in recent memory.  Add to that the fact that the West coast is no longer getting the coverage time-shifted 3 hours.  Hence why all of the promos are stressing the word "live."  Plus, for this Olympics, NBC is going away from traditional ratings as their main metric to measure viewership.  This time, they're going with Total Audience Delivery, so they can also account for everyone watching on cable as well as streaming coverage online.  Which means that primetime is still the golden goose for NBC, but people watching on NBCSN and on the NBC Sports App won't be discounted as they have been in the past.

B.  How much of an incentive will February sweeps be for the network?

No different than usual for the Winter Olympics.  Except that this time, NBC has the Super Bowl as a lead-in to the Olympics, which should be a huge boost.

C.  Will we see more raw sports coverage (much like Summer 1988), or will it package the same way it has the last 26 years?

Little bit of both.  Because they're showing live coverage in primetime, events like the figure skating and alpine skiing can't be packaged.  The only time there's ever been live alpine skiing for a Winter Olympics was in `98 in Nagano when CBS showed the men's and women's downhill live (but nothing else).  So that will be new here.  It won't be like 1988.  NBC learned their mistake from that one.  It's not worth going to a live event for the sake of going to a live event.  NBC will likely fill the gaps in between live coverage with the usual packaged fare.  Of course, less you forget, there's all the cable coverage which will very much be raw sports coverage and obviously didn't exist in 1988.  A lot of people seem to think that NBC's coverage is what they see during primetime.  They sometimes fail to realize there's a whole other world of coverage out there.  More than a few events will be seen 3 separate times.. live streamed, NBCSN on tape and then NBC on tape.  Remember that if you're just watching NBC and not happy with the packaged not raw coverage you're looking for when it's right there in front of you.

2 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

NBC is going away from traditional ratings as their main metric to measure viewership.  This time, they're going with Total Audience Delivery, so they can also account for everyone watching on cable as well as streaming coverage online.

What the TV industry is learning is that social media are making the "first to see" effect important again. Water-cooler TV is now Twitter TV.

6 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

What the TV industry is learning is that social media are making the "first to see" effect important again. Water-cooler TV is now Twitter TV.

I don't think it's so much that as the fact that younger viewers simply aren't watching traditional TV at the level they used to.  So if the networks want to capture that audience, they need to account for those who are watching alternative outlets, not necessarily because there's a social media aspect to it.  The theory that viewers are put off by Olympic coverage that is tape-delayed or something that happened earlier simply doesn't hold up to scrutiny.  When popular athletes and other Americans do well, people will watch.  That said, given the time difference and the programming schedule for this Olympics, if the choice is between airing something live and events that are 12+ hours old, which direction will they go? 

16 minutes ago, daniel anderson400 said:

I do wonder how late the local news will start each night. Could we see cases like in the 2008 Summer Olympics, where the news started as late as 1am?

There's no wonder.  Look at the TV listings.. whenever primetime ends is when news starts each night.  So that information is available.  It'll be different in the Mountain and Pacific Time Zones, but you can still figure that information from the all the TV windows listed.  I think the latest primetime goes is to 12:30am ET.  So we won't get news any later than that, unless of course any of the competitions run long.

nbcolympics.com finally has their TV listings up.  1 important safety tip for anyone setting their DVR for coverage..

In looking ahead at online TV listings, it looks like blocks of coverage are grouped together the way they have it on the TV listings release.  Whereas online, they're still listed individually by sport.  So for example..

On Saturday 2/17, NBCSN has cross-country from 10:30am-11:30am, biathlon from 11:30am-12:30pm, and short track from 12:30pm-1:30pm.  But more than likely in your guide, those 3 will be grouped together in 1 block.  And that all of course is assuming nothing moves at the last minute from where it's scheduled.  Fortunately - and this will be a rare time I praise NBC's website - they do a good job of sport-by-sport listings, so you know exactly when everything is going to be on.

4 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

I don't think it's so much that as the fact that younger viewers simply aren't watching traditional TV at the level they used to.  So if the networks want to capture that audience, they need to account for those who are watching alternative outlets, not necessarily because there's a social media aspect to it.  The theory that viewers are put off by Olympic coverage that is tape-delayed or something that happened earlier simply doesn't hold up to scrutiny.  When popular athletes and other Americans do well, people will watch.  That said, given the time difference and the programming schedule for this Olympics, if the choice is between airing something live and events that are 12+ hours old, which direction will they go? 

They'll probably package half-day old stuff for traditional prime-time filler like they usually have. Their online stuff has been on a positive trend of getting better and more and more usable, although I think their Rio stuff was pretty unreliable. I used to swipe my parents Time Warner log-in to watch some stuff even though they're in Ohio and I'm in LA, I've never subscribed to cable, it's simply overpriced and a waste of money for what you actually get, but since Vue came around I'll turn it on, every so often for certain things like college sports or olympics. I'm almost never home during prime-time during the week, and a lot of weekends, it's still nice to be able to pick and choose what exactly you want to watch and not have to rely on what their producers think will be the best. From what I've seen 2018 looks like their best online product so far, and even though I don't think I count as "younger" anymore lol, I do think they're finding the right balance for the non-cable people. 

1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

nbcolympics.com finally has their TV listings up.  1 important safety tip for anyone setting their DVR for coverage..

In looking ahead at online TV listings, it looks like blocks of coverage are grouped together the way they have it on the TV listings release.  Whereas online, they're still listed individually by sport.  So for example..

On Saturday 2/17, NBCSN has cross-country from 10:30am-11:30am, biathlon from 11:30am-12:30pm, and short track from 12:30pm-1:30pm.  But more than likely in your guide, those 3 will be grouped together in 1 block.  And that all of course is assuming nothing moves at the last minute from where it's scheduled.  Fortunately - and this will be a rare time I praise NBC's website - they do a good job of sport-by-sport listings, so you know exactly when everything is going to be on.

I just checked the website and it's not there yet

1 hour ago, GoNutz said:

They'll probably package half-day old stuff for traditional prime-time filler like they usually have. Their online stuff has been on a positive trend of getting better and more and more usable, although I think their Rio stuff was pretty unreliable. I used to swipe my parents Time Warner log-in to watch some stuff even though they're in Ohio and I'm in LA, I've never subscribed to cable, it's simply overpriced and a waste of money for what you actually get, but since Vue came around I'll turn it on, every so often for certain things like college sports or olympics. I'm almost never home during prime-time during the week, and a lot of weekends, it's still nice to be able to pick and choose what exactly you want to watch and not have to rely on what their producers think will be the best. From what I've seen 2018 looks like their best online product so far, and even though I don't think I count as "younger" anymore lol, I do think they're finding the right balance for the non-cable people. 

There's not a ton I would ask them to do differently this time around.  NBC is primarily live in primetime and NBCSN is specifically set up to compliment them.  So that's the way it should be.  And kudos to them for having NBCSN up and running all day so they'll show many of the events on tape that were missed overnight.  The big question I have is the online coverage.. will I be able to watch a replay of an event as soon as it's over or will that be held back for awhile?  I hope it's the former.  If that's the case, than everything else is gravy.  And then I can forgive NBC for an almost complete lack of live curling (they're showing a grand total of 3 games live on TV the entire Olympics and not a single one between the day of the opening ceremony and the women's gold medal game on the last day).

As to your first point.. that's exactly what they should do.  Since it was referenced earlier, the mistake that NBC made in 1988 in Seoul was that they went live for the sake of going live.  They'd go to a basketball game or a water polo match just because that's what was going on at the time rather than showing track & field or swimming or something else that would appeal more to that audience.  The equivalent now would be if the NBC primetime show, instead of going to that traditional prime-time filler, went to coverage of a curling match.  They'll lose viewers a lot more quickly doing than than showing events on tape.

3 minutes ago, A-Money1983 said:

Has the WOG fully recovered from 2014?

Leading into Sochi, all of the gaffes became the hottest discussion on social media (all across the demographics), yet the ratings were still low.

Bottom line, it was poorly received and not in a Room/ Disaster Artist sort of way.

Probably not.  A lot of the lead-up to Sochi was about all the minutiae involving Russia but then the action didn't live up to the hype.  And the problem now is that there are all sorts of stories out there about the NFL's declining ratings and all the politics related (or maybe not related) to that.  The same thing is going to hit the Olympics, IMO.  NBC will get ratings that any other show or program would be thrilled to get.  But relative to their past performance, I think it will be a decrease in viewership.  The hype isn't there for these Olympics like there has been in the past and the fact that so many people are distracted on a regular basis by what's going on with the White House is going to hurt them badly this time around.

SuperSport now comes in with its Sub-Saharan African media coverage to a continent where it gets an annual average of 0.01 inches of snow (half a millimeter) that's nowhere enough to develop a solid winter sports program for the outdoor ones like the alpine ones but is progressively enthralled with the Winter Olympics. Never stopped South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Togo, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Ethiopia, Cameroon, Senegal, and Madagascar from participating since 1984. Not only Nigeria makes its debut with its well-publicized WOG debut with the 3-women bobsled team this year so does Uganda. SuperSport will have its Pyeongchang 2018 TV coverage on four channels: SS11 (channel 211); SS12 (channel 212) and the soon-to-be launched pop-up channels; SS13 (channel 213) and SS14 (channel 214), the latter of which is the 24-hour Olympic News Channel. All but SS14 will be in HD with SS14 in SD. Shaping up to be SuperSport's greatest Winter Olympic presentation yet

As previously mentioned by me in a post just a couple of days ago with me looking at the TV schedule for Thursday, February 8, SuperSport 11 will launch first on Monday, February 5 carrying build-up content (archive footage from previous games usually lasting an hour for a day or up to 2 hours for a week's highlights), even will show the Gillette World Sports Winter Olympics Special, and it could carry the mixed doubles curling and men's normal hill ski jumping qualification. Maybe even some practices. Channel SS11 will also carry the opening ceremony on Friday, February 9th live from 1pm CAT. The Olympics News Channel, SS14, goes live on Wednesday, February 7 from 5am CAT. The launch of SS12 and SS13 is set for Thursday, February 8 from 2am CAT. All four channels will also be available on the digital platforms, the DStv Now Mobile App and website and the SuperSport website. Adhoc events not carried on the four dedicated channels will be aired across various SuperSport channels space permitting.

Daily highlights of all medal performances and ceremonies as well as record-breaking performances will be uploaded on the CatchUp service. A daily one-hour English highlights package will be available on Maximo:

https://www.supersport.com/article.aspx?Id=4221004

You can now see RAI's Pyeongchang 2018's 110-hour TV schedule listings to be shown on RAI2 and RAI Sports+ with the exact time each sport comes in those programming blocks. Moreover, there will be highlight airings immediately afterwards or preceeding it usually at 10:00-11:55 in the case of RAI Sports+  starting February 11

http://mondiali.net/66532-olimpiadi-invernali-pyeongchang-2018-la-programmazione-tv-su-rai-ed-eurosport/

Svenska Dagbladet strikes a deal with Discovery Sweden to have video access to Kanal 5& 9/Eurosport Sweden's Pyeongchang 2018 highlight and interview clips:

https://www.svd.se/svd-sander-hojdpunkter-fran-os

So does neighboring Norway's VG newspaper as that nation's collaborator:

https://journalisten.no/2018/01/vg-samarbeider-med-discovery-om-ol

The German version of that pan-European Eurosport I Want It All promo that was actually filmed in Sweden interspersed with footage of Team Germany succeeding in Sochi and those "Schwarz, Rote, und Gelb" references that promotes the Eurosport coverage on Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2, TLC, and Eurosport Player:

Got official full developments from ORF: Austrians will get a combined 620 hours in the most comprehensive Winter Olympics coverage they will ever have with 240 hours live from ORF1 from 1am-4pm and a further 380 hours all 24 hours a day on ORF Sport + . Everything began with ORF presenting the Austrian Olympic Team's Farewell Party in Vienna on January 24 at 6pm with the domestic Olympic delegation. In addition to the live tracks, ORF will have five daily trips to the "Olympia-Studio" every day offers another "Olympia-Studio" in ORF1 (on the weekends in the evening, weekdays in the first and second main evening) with a couple of them inside the Austria House--will get to that in a minute. Much of the competitions involving Austria will actually take place in the mornings CET for Austrian viewers. Actually ORF Sport+ began things if you count the OOC press conferences and ceremonies that began earlier this very week on Monday. Both start their coverages on February 7 with ORF1 doing the skiing qualifications and then the next day men's ski jumping normal hill qualification and downhill training; ORF Sport+ handles mixed doubles curling and team figure skating to start with that day on the 8th.  ORF1 will handle both ceremonies with Michael Berger commentating the opening ceremony (and later doing the ice hockey), and reporter Boris Kastner-Jirka covering the closing with the alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, bobsledding, snowboard, luge, skeleton, ski jumping, and biathlon. ORF Sport + will do live hockey, figure skating, speed skating, freestyle skiing, curling, and short track .

Around 110 ORF staff from the editorial and technical departments in Korea provide tailor-made reporting, especially to the Austrian Olympic participants, that includes 25 on-air ORF talent and 6 tech people with 2 additional editors back in Vienna. The approximately 100 square meter large ORF "Olympia-Studio" accommodated on the first floor of the Austria House is equipped with three fixed cameras, a wireless camera, and a 10m rail with Dolly and is operated five times a day (at 1 am, 6 am, 6:55, 9:00 and 12:00) and visited by international stars and all domestic medal winners and hosted by Rainer Pariasek, Oliver Polzern and Alina Zellhofer. In addition, the ORF is present with one camera each in the PK room and an outdoor position on the area. Not to mention commentary accessibility for the hearing impaired and the blind. You can check the sportscasters roster and schedule with the ORF link below--with the schedule, you would have a strong idea with the ORF Pyeongchang 2018 media corporate package. Moreover, ORF is involved in providing, production, and editing the OBS world feed in the biathlon internationally directed by Michael Kögler, a first there for the ORF in directing since 1976. He is assisted by ORF biathlon expert Günther Beck and Vera Bichler and Martin Dallinger.

The ORF Pyeongchang 2018 framework program includes "WELTjournal" and "WELTjournal +" dealing with Korea and its northern Communist neighbor. Among other things, ORF III brings a Korea focus day. ORF Radio report extensively and about PyeongChang, for the hit radio Ö3 while the Ö3 alarm clock even with the primetime Olympic segment. ORF.at's network is also dedicated to the winter games online, including live streaming of all ORF broadcasts in the ORF TVthekand on sport.ORF.at. Highlights in the ORF TVthek are also available. Austrian sports fans are also kept up to date with the ORF Alpine Skiing Web and App offer with previews, current reports, and live ticker. All alpine ski competitions and in ski jumping, as well as a comprehensive data section with Olympic calendar, result lists and medal tables offer the winter sports fans always the latest information about the Winter Olympics. Interviews and stories of the ORF.at sports reporter on the scene, Michael Fruhmann, complete the comprehensive package of sport.ORF.at. A comprehensive streaming offer ensures that fans can always be on the PC, laptop or smartphone live: Live streams of all ORF TV broadcasts are offered on the ORF TVthek and on sport.ORF.at . http://TVthek.ORF.at also provides video-on-demand highlights from the competitions as well as a thematic focus with numerous reports on the Olympic Games. The alpine ski events are also the focus of the multimedia coverage of the on-web and as an app available ORF Alpine Ski Specials, ranging from live streams on race calendar to result lists and social media postings. At extra.ORF.at, sports fans can finally prove their knowledge in a quiz on the Olympic Winter Games and win an ORF extra goodie package. There's also news and info through ORF Teletext:

http://tv.orf.at/highlights/programmschwerpunkt/olympische_winterspiele100.html

Need to bring up Iceland. Icelandic Pyeongchang 2018 TV coverage will at least come from once again at public broadcaster RUV from its two channels RUV and RUV2, though almost entirely at RUV. RUV's scheduling that I since written down days ago is a bit erratic but mostly coming in blocks starting at the earliest 6am Iceland time but mostly between 8 or 9am if it has plenty of events that day to 10am. RUV will focus on Winter Olympic sports that are popular with the Icelandic (snowboarding, cross country skiing, biathlon, bobsled, speed skating, ski jumping, alpine skiing, freestyle skiing, with ice hockey and figure skating coming later on) with live presentation from much of the afternoon on up to almost 6pm like 17:50, and its overall coverage will start with the live Opening Ceremony presentation at 11am for 2 hours. Come 22:20 (10:20pm) or 22:45, there's a 15-minute nighttime OL 2018 news summary of the action that can focus on the Icelandic team, which isn't expected to medal. Then after an hour or two live action returns all through the early morning before taking a hiatus. As for RUV2, it will only appear for an event or two that was tape-delayed from the day before on February 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 23, and 25, ending it perhaps with carrying the Closing Ceremony. Not sure if Stod 2 Sport got to carry it again like with Sochi 2014 from Discovery's rights because I doubt Eurosport is shown there and would carry events. Furthermore, I think it will all be just without commentary or a crew for there hasn't been any news of a RUV commentary team to report from Pyeongchang I could find, save for the news summaries. Not even for the ceremonies, I think. If there is, most of them will be staying in Reykjavik with RUV perhaps sending a modest crew and use the world feed. I'll put up the translated schedule over the weekend and analyze further.   

A brief interview with Albertville 1992 gold medalist in nordic skiing Fabrice Guy reflecting on his career now working for France TV Sport:

http://www.estrepublicain.fr/sport-franc-comtois/2018/01/25/combine-nordique-fabrice-guy-consultant-pour-france-televisions-se-prete-encore-aux-jeux

We got the CBC Olympic podcast already mentioned. Here comes NBC's Pyeongchang 2018 podcast with association with Vox Media called The Podium already with series of original stories released every Monday until the Olympics start which becomes everyday:

http://nbc4i.com/2018/01/25/listen-to-the-podium-a-podcast-from-nbc-olympics-and-vox-media/

TVR Romania announces its 8-person sportscasting crew today for its free-to-air Pyeongchang 2018 coverage with Sorin Hobana covering not just both ceremonies in Pyeongchang with Monica Busur but also curling and ski jumping; Bucur teams up with Marius Negrea in figure skating; skiing fan Cristian Mandru is assigned to short track, freestyle skiing, as well as some alpine skiing; Emil Hossu-Langin working on ice hockey; Vlad Ardhire takes the mic for cross country skiing and biathlon; and Costin Desliu summarizes the Olympic days' action with Alina Alexoi presenting (or reading, if you prefer) the daily Olympic news that will be Romanian athletes-oriented between biathlon, cross-country skiing, skiing, sledding, and bobsledding even when Romania is not expected to win medals this time

Through TVR 1, TVR 2, TVR 3, TVR HD, TVR Moldova and TVR +, the TVR channels will broadcast 102 sports events from 7 sports: artistic skating, skiing (alpine skiing, cross-country skiing), short track, skis and snowboard jumping, bob and skeleton, biathlon, curling, ice hockey and sled, according to a TVR announcement. Still don't know the total hours involved yet:

https://www.paginademedia.ro/2018/01/tvr-pregatiri-pentru-primele-jocuri-olimpice-sublicentiate-de-la-eurosport-cine-vor-fi-comentatorii

Plenty of details coming from Polska Radio regarding its upcoming Pyeongchang 2018 coverage for Poland involving its talented and experienced journalists:

The purchase of rights to the Winter Olympic Games in Pjongchang with the public broadcaster exclusive in the relations with the Olympic facilities and in the interviews in the area associated with the Games.

The rank of Polish Radio is also evidenced by a long-term partnership agreement, signed in January 2018 with the Polish Olympic Committee. Under this agreement, the Polish Olympic Committee granted Polish Radio the right to use the title of "Official Media Partner of the Polish Olympic Committee" and the Olympic Symbol and Olympic Markings.Thanks to cooperation with the Polish Olympic Committee, listeners of the Polish Radio will receive, among others, the possibility of close, exclusive contact with the most prominent Polish athletes, trainers and experts.

Will the white-and-reds repeat the successes of the games in Vancouver and Sochi in Pyongsang? In the opinion of the Polish Radio commentators, there are good chances for it. The most experienced journalists of the public broadcaster will talk about the performances of our Olympic team.

The head of the team is headed by the chief sports editor Cezary Gurjew , for whom they will be the 11th Olympic Games.

-  Olympic Games is a holiday for athletes, fans, but also for the Polish Radio radio team -

Cezary Gurjew. - The atmosphere of Olympic competition is unique, but it makes us even more focused and feel more responsible for the radio transmission. I love this moment when we "walk around Olympic objects" on radio links, because then there is an opportunity to show the magic and power of Polish Radio, when we move quickly from the arena to the arena. That is why our listeners know everything about us the fastest.

In addition to Gurjew (speed skating and short track), the Olympic Games will include: Sylwia Urban (biathlon, bobsleigh, tobogganing and alpine skiing), Tadeusz Kwaśniak (ski jumping, bobsleighs, cross-country skiing), Krzysztof Klepczyński (ski jumping and snowboarding) and Marek Solecki ( ski jumping, bobsleighs, cross-country skiing), Tomasz Gorazdowski (Trójka reporter), Witold Banach (reporter). From the implementation and technical side, they will be supported by engineer Michał Jakubik.

Sylwia Urban, Cezary Gurjew, Marek Solecki, Tadeusz Kwaśniak and Krzysztof Klepczyński will lead a special Olympic Studio of Polish Radio in Pyongsang. The events and the course of the Opening Ceremony of the 23rd Winter Olympic Games will be told by the listeners Cezary Gurjew and Marek Solecki, and about the Closing Ceremony - Cezary Gurjew and Tadeusz Kwaśniak.

The Polish Radio is supported not only by the experience, talent and journalism of the delegation delegated to the Olympics, but also ... the time difference between Poland and South Korea. It is very beneficial for the radio broadcaster, since the most promising events in the Olympic arenas will take place between 12.00 and 15.00.

Fastest, professionally, most reliably and with great respect for the demanding Polish listener - this is the motto of radio players. Traditionally, most of the relations, broadcasts, interviews and materials from the Winter Olympics will appear in the Jedynki radio program. Reporters of Polish Radio will be present during all the finals. Reports from Korea will consist of a special program "Prosto z Pjongchang", broadcast from Korea daily "live", every hour from noon. 4.00.

Every day from one to 2.5 hours. will last in Jedynka  "Pjongczang 2018 Studio", presenting the most important events and heroes of the Games, summarizing the next finals and discussing the results in all Olympic disciplines.

As announced by Cezary Gurjew, the Polish Radio team plans to connect with South Korea whenever a Polish athlete will fight for a medal. In addition, each day will be filled with interviews and reports prepared on-site.

Listeners of the Radio Three will meet with Tomasz Gorazdowski. Every day in hours 7.40 and 16.20 he will be reporting the Olympic Games in the "Three-Section Olympic Studio", information services and in the "Third Party of the Medal" broadcast on Sunday from 17.00-19.00.

Much attention will also be given to the Radio Four by the Radio Four . For example, her afternoon sports reviews will turn into a "Four Olympic Review" (from Monday to Friday at 4:45 pm, Sat.-Sun at 10:00 pm), while the "Sport Zone" broadcast will contain information and materials about Games. The antenna also plans to enter "live" at the start of the leading Polish representatives and look at the Games in terms of culture ("Culture Station") and music ("TOP"). For their listeners information from the Olympic arenas is also prepared by the PR24 - under the "Olympic Magazine "Broadcast every day from 13.05-13.15.

From February 9 to February 25, sports competitions in South Korea will also be watched on the pages of the PolskieRadio.pl portal on a website specially prepared for this occasion.

Every day the journalists will conduct a live coverage of the Games on the website. The most up-to-date and most interesting information from all arenas will appear in it. Daily reports will be complemented by audio materials prepared by journalists of Polish Radio, working on-site in Pyongsang. On an ongoing basis will also be posted urgent news from Korea, curiosities, photo galleries, expert comments, interviews with players and coaches, as well as expert analysis. The site will also include profiles of each of the Polish representatives.

Aneta Hołówek , Paweł Słójkowski , Bartosz Orłowski , Mateusz Brożyna  and  Paweł Majewski would like to follow the site .

On the Polish Radio website it will be easy to get access to the schedule of individual professions. In the special tab, Olympic objects have been described, where the fight for medals will take place. Also journalistic reports from the Radio One and Three will be published.

XXIII Olympic Winter Games on the antennas of Polish Radio will be devoted to a promotional campaign, including TVP Sport, TVP INFO, Polsat Sport and TV Republika. The campaign was prepared by the Polish Radio Promotion Agency.

https://www.polskieradio.pl/43/265/Artykul/2003899,Polskie-Radio-na-arenach-sportowych-XXIII-Zimowych-Igrzysk-Olimpijskich-PjongCzang-2018

Intel has major plans for True VR as the new Olympic TOP sponsor calls it "its true coming out party" over in Pyeongchang with a big ad campaign, help from NBC and KT, and a Gangneung Olympic Park showcase pavilion:

https://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2018/01/25/intel-targets-winter-olympics-for-true-vr.html

5 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Probably not.  A lot of the lead-up to Sochi was about all the minutiae involving Russia but then the action didn't live up to the hype.  And the problem now is that there are all sorts of stories out there about the NFL's declining ratings and all the politics related (or maybe not related) to that.  The same thing is going to hit the Olympics, IMO.  NBC will get ratings that any other show or program would be thrilled to get.  But relative to their past performance, I think it will be a decrease in viewership.  The hype isn't there for these Olympics like there has been in the past and the fact that so many people are distracted on a regular basis by what's going on with the White House is going to hurt them badly this time around.

If the ratings are down 10%, I think that would be a good result for NBC this year.  Anything less than 10% would be amazing.  Realistically, I think NBC primetime alone will be down 15-20% from 2014, and the “Total Audience Delivery” in primetime including NBCSN and streaming will be down about 10% overall from the NBC primetime ratings in 2014.

8 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

There's not a ton I would ask them to do differently this time around.  NBC is primarily live in primetime and NBCSN is specifically set up to compliment them.  So that's the way it should be.  And kudos to them for having NBCSN up and running all day so they'll show many of the events on tape that were missed overnight.  The big question I have is the online coverage.. will I be able to watch a replay of an event as soon as it's over or will that be held back for awhile?  I hope it's the former.  If that's the case, than everything else is gravy.  And then I can forgive NBC for an almost complete lack of live curling (they're showing a grand total of 3 games live on TV the entire Olympics and not a single one between the day of the opening ceremony and the women's gold medal game on the last day).

As to your first point.. that's exactly what they should do.  Since it was referenced earlier, the mistake that NBC made in 1988 in Seoul was that they went live for the sake of going live.  They'd go to a basketball game or a water polo match just because that's what was going on at the time rather than showing track & field or swimming or something else that would appeal more to that audience.  The equivalent now would be if the NBC primetime show, instead of going to that traditional prime-time filler, went to coverage of a curling match.  They'll lose viewers a lot more quickly doing than than showing events on tape.

I have to agree, especially  about Seoul. Your'e right, the biggest mistake that NBC made was they went live for the sake of going live, and you can't do that. You have to develop storylines. I remember when Greg Louganis was going for a gold medal in diving in the 88 games, and NBC had a split screen of the U.S.-Canada basketball game at the same time.  That made me angry, especially since NBC could have simply followed the bigger storyline( Louganis for a gold medal after hitting his head in a earlier round.) I think that switching around from sport to sport is distracting to most viewers.

3 hours ago, Barcelona_'92 said:

If the ratings are down 10%, I think that would be a good result for NBC this year.  Anything less than 10% would be amazing.  Realistically, I think NBC primetime alone will be down 15-20% from 2014, and the “Total Audience Delivery” in primetime including NBCSN and streaming will be down about 10% overall from the NBC primetime ratings in 2014.

To be fair.. Sochi primetime was all on tape where as this primetime will primarily be live, not to mention it's going live to both coasts.  We'll see how that compares.  We did see a drop-off in ratings from London to Rio under similar circumstances.  I'm still curious to see how much the political climate and any lingering animosity towards NBC plays into the equation.  I think the attention on the presidential race in 2016 took a bite out of Rio ratings.  Similarly, if there's news coming out of the White House next month, it could easily distract from the Olympics.

1 hour ago, Chrishigh765 said:

I see the listings Thanks

You got it.  If you're not a fan of the website, feel free to click on the link in my signature.  That's another visualization of the TV and event schedules.  Not quite as easily searchable NBC's site, but still some useful information.

28 minutes ago, daniel anderson400 said:

I have to agree, especially  about Seoul. Your'e right, the biggest mistake that NBC made was they went live for the sake of going live, and you can't do that. You have to develop storylines. I remember when Greg Louganis was going for a gold medal in diving in the 88 games, and NBC had a split screen of the U.S.-Canada basketball game at the same time.  That made me angry, especially since NBC could have simply followed the bigger storyline( Louganis for a gold medal after hitting his head in a earlier round.) I think that switching around from sport to sport is distracting to most viewers.

NBC went at that Olympics like they were programming a Saturday afternoon edition of Sports World.  That doesn't work in Olympic primetime.  And yes, I agree entirely that you need to develop storylines.  That's why the 'up close and personal' features are something of a necessarily evil even though a lot of people these days are part of the "just give me the sports" crowd.  That's what the streaming is for.  TV needs to be a different type of product.  Obviously 1988 with no cable coverage is a world of difference than now where there is tons of additional media out there.  But the original premise remains that primetime still needs to be as much of a "show" as anything.  It's not possible or practical to be live 100% of the time and it would be a mistake to go that route.  There are things they could have done much better with their programming schedule, most notably how they're handling curling.  But overall, I think where they're at is pretty smart.  Let's see if the execution is as good as the planning, especially when things don't get their way.  NBC isn't always that good at adjusting to circumstances on the fly and inevitably, something will get postponed to a later date or time.

Brazil: TV Globo and SPORTV "announces" broadcast.

The Globo Group is the official IOC partner in Brazil for the transmission of the Olympic Games until 2032.

On Thursday (25) TV Globo showed a report in the "Jornal Nacional" which is the most watched newspaper in the country with 30 million viewers a story about the arrival of the North Korean team of hockey, journalist William Bonner concluded the announcing that TV Globo will broadcast the Winter Olympics in February.

The question that needs to be asked is: How will TV Globo broadcast PyeongChang? The Brazilian time zone indicates that transmissions will occur between 8pm and 6am, but the broadcaster does not consider suspending its prime time schedule and at least in the first 5 days of competitions at dawn (23pm to 6am) the station has already confirmed the transmission of CARNAVAL to All country.

But so far no detailed plan for the public has been released. Grupo Globo has SPORTV as a sports channel, the channel has been showing the promotional video since the middle of the month, but so far it has not divulged any more concrete information.

Please, do not consider any errors in English.

Spoiler

On 20/01/2018 at 9:54 PM, Durban Sandshark said:

The BBC's Pyeongchang 2018 TV listing. Bare bones for the most part with no specifics of what's going on during these programming blocks save for the ceremonies and the preview that BBC2 has and holds the bulk of the regular TV coverage. As so typically the case with the BBC channels and the Olympics, BBC2 will start off for several hours then off for some hours as BBC1 takes over before reverting to BBC2 to complete the stretch, though it does return for the 1-2-hour The Games Today for news/highlights while BBC Red Button goes on nonstop. BBC1 and BBC Red Button does comes back for live overnight/early morning action--BBC Red Button also does replays for several hours up to 0:00. Good that BBC4 is also involved with the 1-hour Olympics Extra. All starts early February 6 at 0:00-2:00 GMT on the Red Button because of the mixed doubles curling that Team GB is involved in:  

http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/42735569

Looking again at this listing, I noticed something odd:

Live coverage

06:00-09:15 and 13:00-18:00, BBC Two and online

18:00 Greenwich Mean Time is 3 o'clock in the morning in Korea !

Presumably some events will be shown on BBC2 in full but "tape delayed" after having been available online at their true live times.

At least it's not as bad as CBC's site..

https://olympics.cbc.ca/schedule/tv-guide/#d=1

They don't have anything up for after February 11th.  As much as people rip on NBC's website (and rightfully so, it is not designed well for once the Olympics begin), at least they have a very good and searchable version of their TV listings available.

At least when I visit Sportnet Canada's website for its TV listings that I write here, they go up to February 22 as far as its Olympic TV programming is concerned. Take it with a grain of salt that Rogers SportsNet's Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic TV coverage actually ends here because for one thing I suspect Rogers SportsNet still will show the men's hockey gold medal game and the Closing Ceremony both as simulcasts.

Scotty Stevenson and Rikki Swannell will present SKY Sport NZ/PRIME NZ's Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics coverage starting February 8 that also extends to the Pacific. No other further coverage details have been forthcoming on this yet but certainly will get announced very, very soon as we're now entering the last full week before the start of Pyeongchang 2018 and surely Michael Warren and MattysGS will help us out. Been over since 25 years when New Zealand's alpine skiier Annelise Coberger made history as the first Winter Olympic medalist from a Southern Hemisphere nation. New Zealand hasn't seen the Winter Olympic medal table since--since then, Australia has taken over far and away as the eminent Southern Hemisphere Winter Olympic nation with the pedigree with no other Southern Hemisphere nation medaling. But Swannell and Stevenson are optimistic this young new NZ Winter Olympian generation could end this too long medal drought next month:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/tv-guide/100885440/kiwi-team-coming-in-hot-at-winter-olympics

250 live hours of the Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics coverage will be on IMG’s Sport 24 channel, which is exclusively offered on Panasonic Avionics’s eXTV television service with 200 hours. Sport 24 Extra, which launched in June 2016 to supplement Sport 24, will feature an additional 50 hours of live Olympics coverage. Sport 24 is currently available to a potential monthly audience of over 11 million passengers on 12 airlines, including American Airlines, Emirates, Lufthansa, Qatar and WestJet. The PyeongChang Olympics coverage will be shown on over 700 aircrafts. All on non-American flights. NBC has its coverage shown on American Airlines international flights as a USOC sponsor with IMG's support. Something that has been going on since Sochi-Rio and continues to Tokyo:

https://apex.aero/2018/01/25/live-olympics-coverage-air-in-flight-img-sport-24

Panasonic celebrates 30 years of being a TOP Sponsor with supplying lots of AV electronics and broadcasting equipment all across the Pyeongchang Olympic scene:

http://www.sportsvideo.org/blogs/?blog=pyeongchang-2018&news=pyeongchang-2018-panasonic-celebrates-30th-anniversary-as-a-the-olympic-partner-sponsor

600 hours in total for Claro Sports/Marca newspaper Pyeongchang 2018 coverage across 17 Latin American nations. Claro Sports will use 2 channels for its cover. First one will have special broadcasts from Pyeongchang, South Korea along with the MMA, basketball, soccer, volleyball, and other sports. Another is Claro Sports 1 that will be devoted to 24 hours a day of Pyeongchang 2018 plus news, analysis, results, medal results, and interviews with some Latin American athlete emphasis. Marca Claro app is available for a free download that offers 6 live and simultaneous Internet channels streams:

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/2018012750640/claro-marca-take-multi-screen-winter-olympics-across-latam.html#axzz55WKywoMU

http://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/empresas/jo-de-invierno-superaran-600-horas-de-transmision.html

PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games

9 February – 25 February, 2018

The PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games will be the most watchable Olympic event for Australian viewers since Beijing 2008.

South Korea is just two hours behind Sydney and Melbourne, placing some of the freshest events of the Olympic Winter Games in golden hours for Australians.

Australia’s strongest ever Olympic Winter Team has assembled, headlined by Olympic Champion, Lydia Lassila (Aerial Skiing), World Champions Scotty James (Snowboard Halfpipe) and Britt Cox (Mogul Skiing), and Olympic silver medallist, David Morris (Aerial Skiing), creating a perfect blizzard during the Australian Summer.

Coming to the screens of Seven live and free from 9 – 25th February, 2018, Australians can watch the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games on Channel 7, and 7mate- as well as online and on the go with the most innovative Olympic Winter Games coverage ever seen in Australia.

As Australia’s Olympic Network, Seven will deliver approximately 245 hours of broadcast television coverage across the 16 days of competition. Daily coverage begins at 1100 AEDT on weekdays and 1000 AEDT on weekends, until approximately 0130 AEDT the next day.

OlympicsOn7

Sports nuts will be able to watch every memorable moment live on the OlympicsOn7 app with eight live streams, including the Channel 7 and 7mate coverage.

Whether you’re a fan of snowboard cross or figure skating, the OlympicsOn7 app gives you access to*:

• Live stream all of Seven’s coverage of PyeongChang from Channel 7 and 7mate
• Watch every incredible moment – that’s up to eight channels in one go.
• Jaw dropping highlights and athlete interviews.
• Interactive results, medal tables and event schedules
• Access across iOS, Android, Web, tvOS and Fetch TV

Fans can also upgrade to the OlympicsOn7 Premium package for a one-off fee of $14.99* giving access to:

• Seven’s broadcast coverage in stunning HD.
• Less commercial content, meaning you get to the action faster
• Access premium content across eight connected devices – including six concurrently - meaning the whole family can enjoy the action.

So whether it’s on free-to-air TV, the OlympicsOn7 app, the Seven website or the @7Olympics social accounts, Seven will deliver the most comprehensive, compelling and engaging coverage of the Winter Olympics ever seen.

*data charges apply except for eligible Optus mobile customers

Predicted highlights

Date Time Event
Friday 9th February 2200-0000 Opening Ceremony
Monday 12th February 1200-1345 Women’s Snowboard Slopestyle Final (Tess Coady)
Monday 12th February 2130-0040 Men’s Moguls Finals (Matt Graham)
Wednesday 14th February 1200-1535 Figure Skating Pairs Short Prog (Harley Windsor/ Ekaterina Alexandrovskya)
Wednesday 14th February 1230-1410 Men’s Snowboard Halfpipe Final (Scotty James)
Thursday 15th February 1530-1700 Men’s Snowboard Cross Finals (Alex “Chumpy” Pullin, Jarryd Hughes, Adam Lambert)
Friday 16th February 1415-1515 Women’s Snowboard Cross Finals (Belle Brockhoff)
Friday 16th February 2200-2320 Women’s Aerials Finals (Lydia Lassila, Laura Peel, Danielle Scott)
Saturday 17th February 1200-1625 Men’s Figure Skating Final (Brendan Kerry)
Sunday 18th February 2200-2320 Men’s Aerials Finals (David Morris)
Friday 23rd February 1200-1615 Women’s Figure Skating Final (Kailani Craine)
Friday 23rd February 1515-1655 Women’s Ski Cross Finals (Sami Kennedy-Sim)
Sunday 25th February 1510-1800 Men’s Ice Hockey Final
Sunday 25th February 2200-0000 Closing Ceremony

HOSTS AND COMMENTATORS

All of this coverage is backed by an elite commentary team for the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics. Seven’s team of experts and commentators will be calling the action – and helping to explain the difference between an inverted hand plant and a quadruple lutz.

Hamish McLachlan, Edwina Bartholomew, Mel McLaughlin and Jason Richardson will anchor the coverage from PyeongChang.

Calling the action will be Basil Zempilas, famous for his call of Steven Bradbury’s gold medal success, along with lively commentator Dave Culbert and Mark Readings.

Five-time world title holder aerial skier Jacqui Cooper headlines a crack team of expert commentators which also includes Olympians Steph Prem, Katya Crema, former Australian cricketer and freestyle skier Dirk Nannes, Mitch Tomlinson and Luke Kneller.

Mark Beretta, Tom Williams, Rachael Finch and Emma Davenport will bring viewers the colour and characters throughout the two weeks in PyeongChang.

For a fun look at the PyeongChang 2018, Mick Molloy, Sam Pang and Andy Maher return to the Front Bar. Joined by a host of former Olympic champions from years past, the team take a nostalgic and humorous look at the Winter Olympics.

HOSTS

HAMISH MCLACHLAN
Hamish has extensive hosting, broadcasting and athlete management experience in sports including AFL, Olympic Games, tennis and racing. Hamish hosted Seven’s Rio Today each night through the Rio 2016 Olympics and will host every night’s action from PyeongChang 2018.

EDWINA BARTHOLOMEW
Sunrise presenter Edwina Bartholomew’s work with Seven’s Olympic coverage dates back to Beijing 2008 where she worked as a producer. Edwina also presented for Sunrise at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games and will host the day coverage for PyeongChang 2018.

MEL MCLAUGHLIN
Mel has covered many major sporting events on the world stage including the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, FIFA World Cup and Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Mel will be hosting Seven’s PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Games coverage each day as plenty of live sporting action is unfolding.

JASON RICHARDSON
Jason is a Stawell Gift winner who has carved out an impressive broadcasting career with Seven. He has hosted and commentated on various events including the Australian Open, Rio 2016 Olympic Games and Melbourne Cup Carnival, and will host throughout Seven’s PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games.

CALLERS

BASIL ZEMPILAS
Basil has been a commentator with Seven’s Olympic Games coverage since 2000, including his famous call of Australia’s first Winter Olympic gold medal when Steven Bradbury won the men’s 1000m short-track speed skating event in Salt Lake City in 2002.

DAVE CULBERT
Dave is a long jump finalist at the Barcelona 1992 Olympic Games and two-time silver medallist at the Commonwealth Games. Dave has established himself as a well-renowned and rousing Olympics Games broadcaster and will call plenty of the action including the snowboarding.

MARK READINGS
Mark is a sports journalist and AFL commentator who also called and hosted the Rio 2016 Olympic Games coverage. He’ll be calling several events including the Ski halfpipe and snowboarding.

EXPERT COMMENTATORS

JACQUI COOPER
Jacqui’s record five world titles, 39 World Cup medals, 24 World Cup wins and three major World Championship medals has left Jacqui as the greatest Aerial skier of all time (man or woman); an achievement that is likely to go unbeaten for decades. Jacqui will provide expert commentary for all of Seven’s aerials coverage as well as some snowboarding.

DIRK NANNES
Dirk was a freestyle skier before embarking on his cricket career that saw him represent Australia. He competed in mogul events at two FIS Freestyle Skiing World Cups and has more recently been providing radio sports commentary for the ABC.

STEPH PREM
Steph is a five-time Australian champion snowboarder and was the only female to represent Australia in snowboard cross at the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. Throughout Seven’s PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics coverage Steph will snowboard cross, ski cross and snowboard halfpipe.

KATYA CREMA
Kat represented Australia as an alpine and ski cross skier at the Vancouver 2010 and Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, along with various World Championships, World Cups and the Winter X-Games. Kat will be providing expert commentary on the ski cross and ski half pipe for the Pyeonchang 2018 Winter Olympics.

MITCH TOMLINSON
A keen snowboarder, surfer and skater, Mitch has combined these passions with his love of photography to also become a co-founder of online media agency Life Without Andy. His love for action sports and his relationships with athletes have seen him perform a wide range of roles including commentary, TV presenting, as well as photography.

LUKE KNELLER
Growing up in Jindabyne, NSW on the slopes of Perisher and Thredbo Luke has been involved in the snow industry from an early age. He competed on an international level in slopestyle and halfpipe till around 17, where he was fortunate enough to follow the winters around the world. After high school Luke gave up his skiing dream to pursue his passion in media and film production.

REPORTERS

MARK BERETTA
Mark Beretta is the sports presenter on Australia’s number one breakfast show, Sunrise. Beretts has been with Channel Seven since 1995, and is a veteran of eight Olympic Games broadcasts including both summer and winter.

TOM WILLIAMS
In addition to his regular hosting role on The Daily Edition, Tom has presented on many Seven Sport productions including the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, Bathurst 1000 and the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.

RACHAEL FINCH
A vibrant personality and a former Miss Universe Australia, Rachael is a regular TV presenter for Seven across tennis, horse racing and special events.

EMMA DAVENPORT
Emma has become a regular presenter on Seven’s sports coverage reporting on all the colour, characters and special guests from around events including the Melbourne Cup Carnival, Australian Open and the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.

BROADCAST TIMES

The Front Bar – Winter Olympics specials

Thursday February 8
Sydney 9.00pm on 7
Melb 9.00pm on 7
Bris 9.00pm on 7
Adel 9.00pm on 7
Perth 9.00pm on 7

Friday February 16
Sydney 8.30pm on 7
Melb 8.30pm on 7
Bris 8.30pm on 7
Adel 8.30pm on 7
Perth 10.30pm on 7

Saturday February 24
Sydney 9.30pm on 7
Melbourne 9.30pm on 7
Brisbane 8.30pm on 7
Adelaide 9.00pm on 7
Perth 10.30pm on 7

Friday February 9

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day session
Sydney 11.00am LIVE on 7
Melbourne 11.00am LIVE on 7
Brisbane 10.00am LIVE on 7
Adelaide 10.30am LIVE on 7
Perth 8.00am LIVE on 7mate, 9.00am LIVE on 7

Countdown to PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony
Sydney 8.30pm LIVE on 7
Melbourne 8.30pm LIVE on 7
Brisbane 7.30pm LIVE on 7mate, 8.30pm LIVE on 7
Adelaide 8.00pm LIVE on 7mate, 8.30pm LIVE on 7
Perth 5.30pm LIVE on 7mate

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony
PyeongChang 2018 Highlights show
Sydney 12.30am LIVE on 7
Melbourne 12.30am LIVE on 7
Brisbane 11.30pm LIVE on 7
Adelaide 12.00am LIVE on 7
Perth 9.30pm LIVE on 7

Saturday February 10

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 1

Sydney 10.00am – 5.30pm LIVE on 7
5.30pm – 7.00pm LIVE on 7mate
7.00pm – 1.30am LIVE on 7

Melbourne 10.00am – 5.30pm LIVE on 7

Brisbane 9.00am – 10.00am LIVE on 7mate
10.00am – 5.00pm LIVE on 7
5.00pm – 7.00pm LIVE on 7mate
7.00pm – 12.30am LIVE on 7

Adelaide 9.30am – 10.00am LIVE on 7mate
10.00am – 5.30pm LIVE on 7
5.30pm – 6.30pm LIVE on 7mate
6.30pm – 1.00am LIVE on 7

Perth 7.00am – 9.00am LIVE on 7mate
9.00am – 4.00pm LIVE on 7
4.00pm – 7.00pm LIVE on 7mate
7.00pm – 10.30pm LIVE on 7

Sunday February 11

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 2

Melbourne 10.00am – 6.00pm LIVE on 7
6.00pm – 7.00pm LIVE on 7mate

7.00pm – 12.30am LIVE on 7

5.30pm – 6.30pm LIVE on 7mate
6.30pm – 1.00am LIVE on 7

Perth 7.00am – 9.00am LIVE on 7mate
9.00am – 4.00pm LIVE on 7
4.00pm – 7.00pm LIVE on 7mate
7.00pm – 10.30pm LIVE on 7mate

Monday February 12

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 3

Sydney 11.00am – 5.00pm LIVE on 7
5.00pm – 9.30pm LIVE on 7mate
9.30pm – 1.30am LIVE on 7

Melbourne 11.00am – 5.00pm LIVE on 7

Brisbane 10.00am – 11.00am LIVE on 7mate
11.00am – 5.00pm LIVE on 7
5.00pm – 9.00pm LIVE on 7mate
9.00pm – 12.30am LIVE on 7

Adelaide 10.30am – 5.00pm LIVE on 7
9.30pm – 1.00am LIVE on 7

Perth 8.00am – 9.00am LIVE on 7mate
9.00am – 5.00pm LIVE on 7
5.00pm – 10.00pm LIVE on 7mate
9.30pm – 10.30pm LIVE on 7mate

Tuesday February 13

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 3

9.00pm – 1.30am LIVE on 7

9.00pm – 1.00am LIVE on 7

9.00pm – 10.30pm LIVE on 7mate

Wednesday February 14

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 5

5.00pm – 9.15pm LIVE on 7mate
9.15pm – 1.30am LIVE on 7

9.15pm – 12.30am LIVE on 7

9.15pm – 1.00am LIVE on 7

9.15pm – 10.30pm LIVE on 7mate

Thursday February 15

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 6

5.00pm – 10.00pm LIVE on 7mate
9.30pm – 10.30pm LIVE on 7mate

Friday February 16

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 7

Front Bar 8.30pm – 9.00pm on Channel 7

5.00pm – 10.30pm LIVE on 7mate
Front Bar 10.30pm – 11.00pm on Channel 7

Saturday February 17

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 8

5.30pm – 7.00pm LIVE on 7TWO

5.00pm – 6.30pm LIVE on 7TWO
6.30pm – 12.30am LIVE on 7

7.00pm – 1.00am LIVE on 7

Perth 7.00am – 10.00am LIVE on 7mate

Sunday February 18

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 2

5.30pm – 8.30pm LIVE on 7mate
8.30pm – 1.30am LIVE on 7

8.30pm – 12.30am LIVE on 7

8.30pm – 1.00am LIVE on 7

8.30pm – 10.30pm LIVE on 7mate

Monday February 19

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 10

Tuesday February 20

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 11

Wednesday February 21

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 12

Thursday February 22

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 13

Friday February 23

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 7

5.00pm – 8.30pm LIVE on 7mate

8.30pm – 12.30am LIVE on 7

8.30pm – 1.00am LIVE on 7

8.30pm – 10.30pm LIVE on 7

Saturday February 24

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics – Day 15

Sydney 10.00am – 5.00pm LIVE on 7
7.00pm – 9.30pm LIVE on 7
Front Bar 9.30pm – 10.00pm on 7
10.00pm – 1.30am LIVE on Channel 7

Melbourne 10.00am – 5.00pm LIVE on 7
7.00pm – 9.30pm LIVE on 7
Front Bar 9.30pm – 10.00pm on 7
10.00pm – 1.30am LIVE on Channel 7

7.00pm – 8.30pm LIVE on 7
Front Bar 8.30pm – 9.00pm

5.00pm – 6.30pm LIVE on 7mate
6.30pm – 9.00pm LIVE on 7
Front Bar 9.00pm – 9.30pm on 7

10.00am – 6.00pm LIVE on 7
6.00pm – 6.30pm LIVE on 7mate
Front Bar 10.30pm – 11.00pm on 7

Details for coverage Down Under have been released by Australia's Olympic Network