Another South Korea SOG?

What you think about South Korea hosting another Summer Olympics and Paralympics Games I think it will either be in Seoul or Busan, South Korea is hosting it's first winter games in PyeongChang South Korea 2018 Tokyo Japan is the first city in Asia to host the summer games two times could you see another Seoul summer games happening?

If PyeongChang is an economic success then maybe they'll want to host a summer games again down the road. There is the 2020 vision thing too so maybe the IOC will be like, "hey Korea, you have sports things. Wanna host?". I would definitely not expect it soon, though. Busan did show some interest in 2024 if Tokyo lost, and now have stated (I don't have a source, just trusting wiki) that 2028 is a viable option. However, if the IOC continues to have the idea of moving away from a continent just for the sake of change, given that Asia will have hosted three times in a row from 2018 to 2020, then I really don't see it happening for a while until we've had a break from Asia for a bit.

I think South Korea will Host again, but not anytime soon, especially since Asia will Host 3 Olympic Games in a row. If South Korea does Host, I think either Seoul, Busan, Incheon or Daegu will Host. The next Olympic Games in Asia after Beijing 2022 (I Strongly believe this will happen) will be in Sapporo, Japan for a Winter Olympics and Paralympics, maybe in the late 2030's.

The next South Korean Summer Olympics will most likely be Incheon, maybe in the 2030's.

I do suspect that should reunification happen sometime in the next 20 or so years, perhaps a unified Korea would want to pursuit a Pyongyang Olympics in the 2040's.

I know there's not always that much to talk about when it comes to Olympic bidding, but there probably are some folks out there coming to this site thinking about joining so they can post here.. and they'll see a thread like this and think this site has no redeeming value whatsoever. If this is what everyone wants to talk about here, far be it from me prevent that, but have any or all of you read what you're saying here? Come on fellas, surely there's a better topic for discussion than the next Korean Olympics (more like the next Korean Olympics after the next Korean Olympics)

I know there's not always that much to talk about when it comes to Olympic bidding, but there probably are some folks out there coming to this site thinking about joining so they can post here.. and they'll see a thread like this and think this site has no redeeming value whatsoever. If this is what everyone wants to talk about here, far be it from me prevent that, but have any or all of you read what you're saying here? Come on fellas, surely there's a better topic for discussion than the next Korean Olympics (more like the next Korean Olympics after the next Korean Olympics)

Gold Coast just wants to start another topic -- no matter how far-fetched it is. How about the NEXT Japanese Olympics after 2020??? :blink:

Why stop there? Let's start predicting when humans will build colonies on the Moon or on Mars and when the Olympics will be held there? I mean, what better post-Olympics legacy for an athletes village than to serve as a permanent human colony! Might be a little expensive to shuttle all the volunteers for the ceremonies to and from another planet though.

Why stop there? Let's start predicting when humans will build colonies on the Moon or on Mars and when the Olympics will be held there? I mean, what better post-Olympics legacy for an athletes village than to serve as a permanent human colony! Might be a little expensive to shuttle all the volunteers for the ceremonies to and from another planet though.

I'm thinking 2050's and they will be sure to beat everyone else because it's a new market and new frontier.

Unreliable transportation plan

Archived