Sign in to follow this  
Gold Coast Lions

Self improvement

Ive been reading the advice and thank you for the feedback I will working on it, It may not come right away but I will be working on step progress to help to get better.

If you get baited into arguments with TELA. Stop, think and act - use the Ignore function. At least you don't get to read first up what he could be goading you with.

You do have the potential to grow into a great poster and contributor here, it would be ashamed to lose you or have your posts restricted...

Stay out of it and mind Your own business. You can block Me, but stop posting for everybody else to block Me. They have there own mind, without having to listen to You.

I agree we should stop arguing for the sake of ourselves and the Forums.

I will not block anyone unless they are abusing me and threatening me, Blocking is rude and mean and goes against my Christian faith what people are suggesting to me about Tony. I give people chances and I believe that there is room for Tony to grow and change we just all need to be more understanding of OCD and the issues with affect him going against Tony like this will not help anyone and causes division. Like Jesus Christ said in Matthew 7:12

Do to others what you want them to do to you. This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets.

Luke 6:31

Do to others what you would want them to do to you.

If you get baited into arguments with TELA. Stop, think and act - use the Ignore function. At least you don't get to read first up what he could be goading you with.

You do have the potential to grow into a great poster and contributor here, it would be ashamed to lose you or have your posts restricted...

Hypocrite, says the one who was baiting Sir Rols and Baron before. Says the one who still replies to my posts sometimes. We have all caused arguments. Don't act innocent.

I will not block anyone unless they are abusing me and threatening me, Blocking is rude and mean and goes against my Christian faith what people are suggesting to me about Tony. I give people chances and I believe that there is room for Tony to grow and change we just all need to be more understanding of OCD and the issues with affect him going against Tony like this will not help anyone and causes division. Like Jesus Christ said in Matthew 7:12

Do to others what you want them to do to you. This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets.

Well, I don't believe in God, I'm an Atheist, but I give You respect for supporting Me. I've supported You before and will continue to with Your dyslexia. Again, I appreciate Your support, I've never had a problem with You. We have had disagreements, who hasn't. But no more arguing.

Wow. This is a new one for me. Let me preface by saying I am not Christian, but I have to ask.. what do that have to do with anything? You won't block someone because it goes against your religion? That's pure and utter nonsense. You know what is rude and mean?.. engaging in a pissing match with little purpose and that everyone else has to read through (and before I get accused of being a hypocrite, I'm just as guilty of that as almost everyone else here).

A lot of people here are very boastful about who they are or aren't ignoring, who's blocked and all that. And it's all a bunch of crap because most of the times when someone says they're blocking someone else, they go ahead and reply to that person anyway. So why say anything in the first place?

Here's the best way to ignore someone.. just ignore them. If you're in a room with someone else, you're not required to talk to them. It's not being mean to ignore someone if you have no interest in having a conversation. As it relates to this forum, what you do and how you handle yourself is your business. But at the same time, when 2 people here get in a ridiculous argument, it's not like it's some private matter. It mucks up the forums for everyone to see and makes a mess of this site. Again, almost all of the regulars here are responsible for that, and look at some of the posters that have said they're not coming back here as a result.

You say do unto others as you would want them to do to you. Okay, so what about when a back-and-forth starts and it devolves into "you don't know what you're talking about" or worse. That's what you should be trying to prevent. If you choose not to block another poster, that's fine. But at the same time, don't use that as an excuse to respond to a post and/or in a manner you know you shouldn't. This is a community here and all these negative vibes have an effect on these forums and the people that post here. It's a lesson we maybe should all take to heart.

This is a community here and all these negative vibes have an effect on these forums and the people that post here. It's a lesson we maybe should all take to heart.

But it would be a BORING forum w/o some kind of drama -- in whatever guise!! :)B)

• Like 1

Hypocrite, says the one who was baiting Sir Rols and Baron before. Says the one who still replies to my posts sometimes. We have all caused arguments. Don't act innocent.

I'm not acting innocent...but you are yet again!

You clearly didn't think this answer yourself...you're using someone else's words...that just makes this even sadder for you.

A lot of people here are very boastful about who they are or aren't ignoring, who's blocked and all that. And it's all a bunch of crap because most of the times when someone says they're blocking someone else, they go ahead and reply to that person anyway.

Hmmm. Not really, I disagree. You send the signal that...hey, bozo, I won't be wasting any more of my time on you. Also, u're on my IGNORE list, so you might as well give up becuz it's just going to be a 1-way conversation in that case.

Hmmm. Not really, I disagree. You send the signal that...hey, bozo, I won't be wasting any more of my time on you. Also, u're on my IGNORE list, so you might as well give up becuz it's just going to be a 1-way conversation in that case.

I understand that. The problem comes where if you're telling someone that you're going out of your way to ignore them (basically implying he is not worthy of your time) and then reply to 1 of their posts, you're signalling that person did just say something worthy of your time, or at least something the elicited a response. And then we get into the whole "I thought you're ignoring me" song and dance. If you want to go tell something not to bother talking to you, that's all well and good. But if you're telling them they're on your ignore list and somehow he still manages to push your button enough that you feel the need to reply to him, what's the point of saying you're ignoring him in the first place.

I don't believe in ignoring someone. But it requires strong will not to react on some posts, even though it would be smart not to react.

I'm not acting innocent...but you are yet again!

You clearly didn't think this answer yourself...you're using someone else's words...that just makes this even sadder for you.

1) I'm not acting innocent. You are. I have said before, I'm NOT innocent, but none of us are, but You talk about People baiting People, but before, You was baiting Rols and Baron.

2) I didn't copy anybody.

Anyway, this is boring.

Agree to disagree and just stop arguing.

Bible Study Time?

2 Timothy 2:23New King James Version (NKJV)

23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.

Proverbs 26:4New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him.

Matthew 15:14New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

1 Peter 2:15New King James Version (NKJV)

15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men—

Again, I'm an Atheist, I don't believe in God.

Again, I'm an Atheist, I don't believe in God.

I'm sure he's not a big fan of you either.

• Like 1

I'm sure he's not a big fan of you either.

You really are a nasty Person. I thought I was blocked? Stop keep quoting Me if I'm blocked.

• Like 1

I don't think listening to some legit advice will make you "less atheist"?

No it would just make him a normal person. Good advice is not limited to religions.

No it would just make him a normal person. Good advice is not limited to religions.

Yeah, like You would listen to advice, You still act like a Respected, Original Member, when Your not.

Yeah, like You would listen to advice, You still act like a Respected, Original Member, when Your not.

Riiiight...retard grammar by the way.

Edited by ofan
  • Like 1

But that certainly doesn't mean that religion does not have good advice. Good advice is good advice. It shouldn't matter if it's from a religious text or an Olympian.

Hello people I want to improve myself I know my spelling and grammar is not that great due to my dyslexia next year I am doing an course in academic writing at university to improve myself.

What do you think I should do and improve myself on hear? I want to improve myself and got an life mentor now.

Your spelling and grammar don't worry me but your propensity to spout bullshit about things you know little about doesn't help. Not doing that would be a decent starting point.

• Like 1

You are really nasty. For one, I'm not a retard. Having Learning difficulties doesn't mean I am a retard. Your just a bully and a troll.

You are really nasty. For one, I'm not a retard. Having Learning difficulties doesn't mean I am a retard. Your just a bully and a troll.

Really???...I said it was retard grammar, I didn't call you a retard.

Edited by Alexjc

I'm being 100% serious here and not trying to be harsh.

But besides both of you suffering from OCD/Dyslexia/Tourettes, do either of you have a learning disability? I'm just struggling to believe that Tony you're 17. I mean we see Ofan who conducts himself extremely well and he too is 17 and yet we see you Tony. You never seem to use correct grammar (which isn't part of OCD or Tourettes), the way you post and get all defensive is much more like a 13-14 year old then a 17 year old. I'm just asking if you have a further learning disability or if you have indeed lied about your age? The way you interact with people is beyond rude and the amount of times you've asked for forgiveness is beyond ridiculous. This is the same for you GCL, please enlighten us.