France May Still Bid For 2024 Summer Games

Paris hasn't had a major World Expo since 1900. They've had 5 Olympics since then. Another Olympics can wait. After all, the BIE is headquartered in Paris. The IOC is not.

One Olympics, not five. Also France as a whole has only had one summer Olympics since 1900.

Paris hasn't had a major World Expo since 1900. They've had 5 Olympics since then. Another Olympics can wait. After all, the BIE is headquartered in Paris. The IOC is not.

Five olympics? Paris only held a pair

Tsss....Almost funny...

If one of our politicians is dumb enough to propose us anything, we'll shoot it down in 3 seconds.

Manuel Valls, maybe you should go have a little party in Ibiza with your banker friends that you love so much more than the French people? While you're there, bring N.Ianetta with you. She hasn't done anything useful at the government in months apart from showing herself at galas and making interviews. Go back to Spain and Italy where you respectively belong, you're not one of us and never will be.

Nathalie was born in Paris... And she is supposed to be a counselor, she is supposed to advice the president directly and represent him at sports events so basically I don't really understand the attacks.

If there is a field where France is doing well at the moment, it's in obtaining major sports events so the critics are a bit harsh.

And saying Valls should be sent to Spain just because he wasn't born in France or calling Sarkozy an Hungarian jew like some people do is an atrocious thing to do. Disagreeing politically with someone can done without racism.

• Like 1

Well, Paris a pair ...but France has hosted FIVE Olympic Games already.

Your ability to selectively dumb down reality to suit your agenda is amazing.

Yes, France has hosted five times, but aside from Greece itself it's has been an extremely influential presence in the movement. As we know, three of those Games were on or before 1924. Just two have occurred since then, 1968 and 1992 - both winter.

So when you allude to the French having hosted too much, you're trying to be deceptive (which I don't know who you're trying to kid in an Olympic forum) but we all know that while they "happened" many Olympics pre-WW2 have little physical legacy remaining (notable exceptions LA and Berlin)... So in one respect Paris has never hosted an Olympics in the way we have known it to exist over the past 75 years.

So in that way, while the French have five on paper, at least three are not tangible in the way that the last four US games have been, or Canada, or Japan, or Italy.

That was my gripe with Madrids argument "we've never hosted" - in this sense Paris could say the same

Nathalie was born in Paris... And she is supposed to be a counselor, she is supposed to advice the president directly and represent him at sports events so basically I don't really understand the attacks.

If there is a field where France is doing well at the moment, it's in obtaining major sports events so the critics are a bit harsh.

And saying Valls should be sent to Spain just because he wasn't born in France or calling Sarkozy an Hungarian jew like some people do is an atrocious thing to do. Disagreeing politically with someone can done without racism.

No racism, I don't care about origins but these "leaders" (or more accurately, those crooks) deserve nothing but contempt.

On the other hand, Manuel Valls who showed his endless tolerance by expelling dozens of Rom families (grand-parents,& children included) should probably think about expelling himself ? We don't want him, we don't need him, and if one claims to be French then so be it, but at least serve the interests of your people.

Ianetta, yes, is just a counselor, but then ? She's still allowed to have ideas, propose projects and plans, work...In short, she's allowed to be useful ? And justify the tons of money she's being given each month too ! (OUR money, by the way).

This declaration is a non-event anyway because she's taking responsability for a power she doesn't even have, she's not the one who will decide whether a bid is relevant or not in the end, she doesn't have responsability for telling the media whether a world expo is compatible with the olympics, and I'm sure she even got scolded for that (if anyone in this gvt is less dumb than she is) because it's obvious that talking about olympics to the people while the French have so many other concerns to deal with was going to outrage them.

Amateurs ...

Well, Paris a pair ...but France has hosted FIVE Olympic Games already.

Yes but you have to be honest and fair and recognize the extreme limitations in good choices to host WOG. Especially before 1990. Only Austria, Switzerland, France, Canada, Japan, USA, Norway and Italy were viable host. They throw a bone at Yugoslavia and could have gone to Sweden but that's about it.

So to be it seems strange to hold this against those countries for them not hosting a SOG.

I can understand people denying Paris on the basis they hosted twice but hardly on the base they hosted WOG too

^ as I mentioned, the argument against Paris hosting again because it's a third time is weak, especially post 2012 it's a non issue, even more so given that there is near invisible legacy from 1900 and 1924 - if has not hosted the Olympic Games in a century- so it has never hosted them in the way we know it, unlike Los Angeles, Tokyo and London.

Yes she is supposed to be a counselor... not to give interviews and to show of in the media !!!

• Like 1