• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indonesia should host one day (like India) .. it is a huge country, with a sports tradition, great people and culture. The world would be richer for knowing more about it. It is not without its problems though, like all developing countries, but it is giving democracy a good go though.

India might, Indonesia is unlikely. Again, Geopolitics will influence it, also, if other Cities bids, Indonesia would face a tough challenge.

KL, Singapore and Jakarta would all be great for an Olympics- but Indonesia being a country of 200 million plus (and not just a city state) gets the nod for me. As for climate, Singapore is slightly worse than Jakarta being right on the Equator.

I have run half marathons in the midday sun in Singapore,and it was not thaaaaaaat bad. But not all that pleasant either!

Singapore might be able to host a Summer Olympics in the future, concentrating it around the Singapore Sports Hub.

Jakarta doesn't seem to be likely to host anytime soon.

I am back now

With the news on Boston is the USOC bidding city for the 2024 Summer Games the 2024 Summer Games will either go to Rome Italy or Berlin Germany if they will bid. Boston has really change things there is no way that Boston can host the event the next 5 Summer Olympics and Paralympics Games will be very likely going to

2024 Rome Italy or Berlin Germany Berlin Germany if they bid for it - 2028 Toronto Canada - 2032 Taipei Taiwan or Bangkok Thailand - 2036 New York City, Miami or Los Angeles USA - 2040 Perth Australia

Winter Games

2022 Beijing China - 2026 Anchorage or Reno - Lake Tahoe USA - 2030 Barcelona Spain - 2034 Sapporo Japan - 2038 Calgary Canada

I am back now

With the news on Boston is the USOC bidding city for the 2024 Summer Games the 2024 Summer Games will either go to Rome Italy or Berlin Germany if they will bid. Boston has really change things there is no way that Boston can host the event the next 5 Summer Olympics and Paralympics Games will be very likely going to

2024 Rome Italy or Berlin Germany Berlin Germany if they bid for it - 2028 Toronto Canada - 2032 Taipei Taiwan or Bangkok Thailand - 2036 New York City, Miami or Los Angeles USA - 2040 Perth Australia

Winter Games

2022 Beijing China - 2026 Anchorage or Reno - Lake Tahoe USA - 2030 Barcelona Spain - 2034 Sapporo Japan - 2038 Calgary Canada

Great.. Kyle's cousin Kyle is back

And the first post you make is a future hosts prediction? And a relatively nonsensical one at that. But that's beside the point.

While you've been gone over the past month or so, Tony has made an effort to improve his reputation around here and for the most part, he's done a decent job of it. Like Rols said, if this is what you're going to come here to post, what's the point

Which is why I don't post on which City will host in each year anymore, because cities might decide against bidding, cities might withdraw a bid etc.

What? No love for the Athens of America from the Alberta of Australia?

What do you mean?

Anyway, I've finally understood that saying a specific city will host a specific year that's 40 years away, is pointless.

Tony E Loves Architecture,

I'm was just a little surprised that our friend (Gold Coast Lions) doesn't seem to be all that bullish regarding Boston's 2024 bid. So I decided to make a little joke involving alterations used to describe both cities that both use the same initial letter.

I know I probably use the word Geopolitics a lot, but I just wanted to point out that it influences a lot in a bidding race, of course it doesn't fully influence it.

I know I probably use the word Geopolitics a lot, but I just wanted to point out that it influences a lot in a bidding race, of course it doesn't fully influence it.

That's a really empty comment though. You're saying something that's pretty much a given but not offering any context to it. It's like saying "well, this election is really going to be influenced by politics." What does that even mean? Geopolitics as applied to a specific situation is one thing. Making a generalization that they exist is not offering up anything worthwhile.

That's a really empty comment though. You're saying something that's pretty much a given but not offering any context to it. It's like saying "well, this election is really going to be influenced by politics." What does that even mean? Geopolitics as applied to a specific situation is one thing. Making a generalization that they exist is not offering up anything worthwhile.

True. This whole discussion started from Danny saying that South America wasn't ruled out, when we all know, South America probably won't host a Summer Olympics before 2040 after Rio 2016.

Anyway, I appreciate that people have acknowledged how much I've tried and how much I've improved.

Archived