Argentina Considers Olympic Games Bid

^^ Sort of agree with you despite the rude post.

Danny, many have acknowledged that South America won't be hosting again after Rio 2016 until 2040 at the earliest. Geopolitics plays a big role in choosing Olympic Host Cities. Before South America hosts for a second time, Europe will host a few times, North America will host a few times, Africa will host and Asia might host another 1 or 2. Oceania could even get another Olympics aswell.

If geopolitics plays a role as you think, Brazil would never win a bid against an European capital, one of the alpha capitals of the world and US President's hometown...

And despite being very probable that no South American host SOG before 2040s, who knows the future, Tony?

• Like 1
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ugh.. can we please stop using the term 'geopolitics' as a broad generalization? It's something to be applied to a specific situation or circumstance when it happens, not something you can throw out

I don't think it'll be as Danny said, that we won't see another SA Games in our lifetime. But for sure I don't think it will before... let's say 2040 at least. So I don't think there is any point in d

That may be true, but think about their history. They bid for 1956 and lost by 1 vote. Tried again in 1968, didn't come close. Their next attempt comes 34 years later. They make the shortlist, but

2016 was Rio's time. Geopolitics gave it to them. Rio won because they were the first South American Olympic host. Of course, South America hosting a 2nd time before 2040 is not impossible, anything can change, but at this moment, it's looking highly unlikely.

Geopolitics gave it to them.

As far as I remember, Brazil is not more relevant to geopolitics than Japan or almighty United States, right?

Indeed, if you weren't a children at that time, you would remember easily that the simple appearance of Barack Obama was taken as "seal the deal trip" exactly due geopolitics...

And as we all know, Chicago got 4th in the final vote.

Sorry, kid, geopolitics may have cause some buzz during a bid race, but it does not play the major role, right?

Edited by DannyelBrazil

As far as I remember, Brazil is not more relevant to geopolitics than Japan or almighty United States, right?

Indeed, if you weren't a children at that time, you would remember easily that the simple appearance of Barack Obama was taken as "seal the deal trip" exactly due geopolitics...

And as we all know, Chicago got 4th in the final vote.

Sorry, kid, geopolitics may have cause some buzz during a bid race, but it does not play the major role, right?

I never said Geopolitics fully decides the host, I am saying it plays a big role in the chosen host, as Rio 2016 shows this. Rio got chosen to host 2016 because they are the first South American Olympic Host.

Ugh.. can we please stop using the term 'geopolitics' as a broad generalization? It's something to be applied to a specific situation or circumstance when it happens, not something you can throw out there that may or may not predict the future

Alternatively, the two could stop their childish feud altogether.

Alternatively, the two could stop their childish feud altogether.

Yes, because you mature guys never got trapped in "childish feud" discussions here at the GBs...

lol Seriously? this still going on? Some bullshit PR statement saying "yeah, we'll bid, someday" and we got 9 pages of ferocious discussion, only on GamesBids.

Tony is showing how "geopolitics" justifies it was "Rio's time" to host... Amazing, uh?

Edited by DannyelBrazil