FIFA should now strip Russia of 2018

baron-pierreIV

No ifs; no buts. Russia is an aggressor nation and should have 2018 taken away from them. I don't know what that fool Blatter is still waiting for. FIFA would still look like an utter fool to insist that 2018 and 2022 continue in the hell holes they were initially assigned to.

FIFA should just now live up to the fact that double selection in 2010 was one of this new century's biggest farces. I think they would get more favorable points to actually reverse their STUPID decisions and if not award 2018 to the US (as it should've been anyway); then just force a new vote for 2018. Forget about the stupid DOUBLE-vote again!!

What say you???

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so Russia will host the 2018 FIFA World Cup FIFA don't play the EU/Obama political games if anything they will move the 2022 FIFA World Cup away from Qatar to either Australia or the USA. Russia would host an amazing FIFA World Cup in 2018 and will have an great legacy for Soccer in Eastern Europe.

No ifs; no buts. Russia is an aggressor nation and should have 2018 taken away from them. I don't know what that fool Blatter is still waiting for. FIFA would still look like an utter fool to insist that 2018 and 2022 continue in the hell holes they were initially assigned to.

FIFA should just now live up to the fact that double selection in 2010 was one of this new century's biggest farces. I think they would get more favorable points to actually reverse their STUPID decisions and if not award 2018 to the US (as it should've been anyway); then just force a new vote for 2018. Forget about the stupid DOUBLE-vote again!!

What say you???

Why should America get the 2018 Fifa World Cup? They weren't even Bidding for the 2018 Version. Also, America Hosted in 1994. Let someone else Host who hasn't Hosted fairly recently. Although, I agree Russia and Qatar should lose Hosting rights. Blatter needs to get sacked. Well, You know my Views on all this anyway, I won't repeat Myself.

Why should America get the 2018 Fifa World Cup? They weren't even Bidding for the 2018 Version. Also, America Hosted in 1994. Let someone else Host who hasn't Hosted fairly recently. Although, I agree Russia and Qatar should lose Hosting rights. Blatter needs to get sacked. Well, You know my Views on all this anyway, I won't repeat Myself.

Looks like he will be head of FIFA still 2019 he his running for re-election next year so Russia will be hosting the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Only 2022 would be likely to be moved from Qatar to either USA or Australia.

Won't happen. Russia runs the global sports world.

Vladimir Putin is very powerful in the world of sports more powerful then you think I think he could get Russia the 2019 EURO Games in Kazan and 2022 Youth Summer Games to Kazan too and 2028 Winter Youth Games, Berlin Germany could be the next city to host the main summer games in Europe.

What say you???

Well that is if Russia does not nuke the West by 2018...

I don't think so Russia will host the 2018 FIFA World Cup FIFA don't play the EU/Obama political games if anything they will move the 2022 FIFA World Cup away from Qatar to either Australia or the USA. Russia would host an amazing FIFA World Cup in 2018 and will have an great legacy for Soccer in Eastern Europe.

Oh just seriously shut the f*ck up. I don't have the spoons for you anymore.

Thank God.

So, take the Cup away from Russia because they have troops fighting in another country, and give the games to the US.

That's logical.

Like really, then again there is a difference between fighting radicals that want to kill all Westerners, 'non-believers', gays, lesbians, bisexuals, Christians, Jews, bring back the Bubonic Plague, and turn the world into a backwards radical Muslim society and a nation that is invading another one simply because said country is more secure on the insecurity of other nations.

Won't happen. Russia runs the global sports world.

Smartest thing said thus far.

Vladimir Putin is very powerful in the world of sports more powerful then you think I think he could get Russia the 2019 EURO Games in Kazan and 2022 Youth Summer Games to Kazan too and 2028 Winter Youth Games, Berlin Germany could be the next city to host the main summer games in Europe.

Dumba**, that is what he is saying.

Why should America get the 2018 Fifa World Cup?

Because by all rights, it was No. America's turn. The last time No. America hosted was 1994. And with 3.5 years to go -- well, 3 if you count the Confederations Cup, which country has the size, infrastructure and stadia ready to go in 2 years' time? Tony, get your England blinders off!

I feel Russia should be banned in all the major sports. Nobody needs them in Figure Skating, soccer, volleyball, etc. There are enough other nations and quality teams to strut their stuff. NOT those of a bully and thug nation.

Wonder what you all think about sports sanctions? It's only been done once twice before to South Africa and Yugoslavia. It seems appropriate here. But like I said, Russia controls most of the global sports organizations, and they would just veto any sort of security council resolution.

Wonder what you all think about sports sanctions? It's only been done once twice before to South Africa and Yugoslavia. It seems appropriate here. But like I said, Russia controls most of the global sports organizations, and they would just veto any sort of security council resolution.

Russia has the power to cut off gas to Europe if they piss off Russia more then they Russia will cut supply in the winter then things will get real ugly 60% of all power in the EU comes from Russia.

Russia has the power to cut off gas to Europe if they piss off Russia more then they Russia will cut supply in the winter then things will get real ugly 60% of all power in the EU comes from Russia.

Everybody knows that. But that's also how Russia gets its hard-earned cash to buy new jets and mansions for Putin's circle. So, yes, Russia, will make it hard for Europe in the winter...but people always find alternate ways. So they will just speed up exploration in Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco...which are a lot closer to Europe. Putin doesn't seem to realize that.

man why dont we just let canada host everything no ones ever mad at them

Becuz if the host nation cannot mount a credible home game, then it won't have the draw to fill all the stadia. That's why.

Everybody knows that. But that's also how Russia gets its hard-earned cash to buy new jets and mansions for Putin's circle. So, yes, Russia, will make it hard for Europe in the winter...but people always find alternate ways. So they will just speed up exploration in Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco...which are a lot closer to Europe. Putin doesn't seem to realize that.

Becuz if the host nation cannot mount a credible home game, then it won't have the draw to fill all the stadia. That's why.

They are all countries with great relations to Russia you know so they will follow the Russia away and say no.

Canada would sell out every game. Soccer is a top 5 sport here. You have no idea what you're talking about. Every game at the U20 World Cup in 2007 was sold out, as are most canadian friendlies/qualifiers.

Your forgetting about Americans wanting to supply gas to Europe. We recognize that is the best way to cut them out and as a citizen of what will be the worlds #1 oil supplier I would be proud to help Europe out in these times of need. Plus Baron mentioned the other alternatives. Then let's not forget green energy.

The fact is that as long as the US and Europe have some type of working relationship and going green remains popular, Putin has no power over the EU.

They are all countries with great relations to Russia you know so they will follow the Russia away and say no.

Putin may have good relationships with them, but money is the true ruler of the world. Where there is money people will come and there is no doubt in my mind that all three of those nations would ditch Putin to make some money off the EU. Putin's threat of nuclear war is only showing that he senses those connections are weak and that he is paranoid. He understands that his only claim to power is oil, he is finally starting to realize that there are ways around it. He knows that he could not stop pipelines being built over the Mediterranean (is that possible?) and he sure as hell knows that he can never stop US exports to Europe without actually going into a war he would loose. So he is trying to discourage it with the threat of war, but the West is stronger then that.

And you know this becuz??? :blink:

Canada would sell out every game. Soccer is a top 5 sport here. You have no idea what you're talking about. Every game at the U20 World Cup in 2007 was sold out, as are most canadian friendlies/qualifiers.

34 million vs. 314 million? :lol::lol:

Uhmmm, USA 1994 STILL holds the highest record attendance for ONLY 52 matches. Whereas Brazil's just-concluded 2014 figures for 64 matches no less, do not even overtake the 1994 figures...in a supposed football-crazy setting?!?!

Year - Host nation - # of matches - Total attendance

1994 United States - 52 - 3,587,538 (still #1)*

1998 France 64 - 2,785,100

2002 Korea/Japan - 64 - 2,705,197

2006 Germany - 64 - 3,352,605 (#3)

2010 South Africa - 64 - 3,178,856

2014 Brazil - 64 - 3,429,873 (#2)

http://www.planetworldcup.com/STATS/stat_misc.html

*With 12 more matches (even at an average of 55,000/stadium), USA-1994's figures could've topped 4 MILLION attendance, with an additional 12 matches.

So why would they go to a smaller country?? Not unless Canada can match the bribe $$ Qatar paid? ;)

Because by all rights, it was No. America's turn. The last time No. America hosted was 1994. And with 3.5 years to go -- well, 3 if you count the Confederations Cup, which country has the size, infrastructure and stadia ready to go in 2 years' time? Tony, get your England blinders off!

I feel Russia should be banned in all the major sports. Nobody needs them in Figure Skating, soccer, volleyball, etc. There are enough other nations and quality teams to strut their stuff. NOT those of a bully and thug nation.

Get Your America Blinders off. Just because America is big in land, doesn't mean it should automatically receive any event they Bid for. England last Hosted in 1966. America 1994. England should get a second World Cup before America IMO, especially since America Hosted more recently then England.

We have Stadiums. 3 of the Best Stadiums in the World (Wembley Stadium, Emirates Stadium and Old Trafford). Others only need minor improvements. We would be ready even in 2 Years, let alone 3 Years. We have had to wait longer. Call me bias, but the figures show. America weren't even Bidding for 2018. Russia should be banned from Football. Absolutely. Again, 1994 = 20 Years ago, 1966 = 48 Years ago. Do the maths. England had to wait longer.

Get Your America Blinders off. Just because America is big in land, doesn't mean it should automatically receive any event they Bid for. England last Hosted in 1966. America 1994. England should get a second World Cup before America IMO, especially since America Hosted more recently then England.

We have Stadiums. 3 of the Best Stadiums in the World (Wembley Stadium, Emirates Stadium and Old Trafford). Others only need minor improvements. We would be ready even in 2 Years, let alone 3 Years. We have had to wait longer. Call me bias, but the figures show. America weren't even Bidding for 2018. Russia should be banned from Football. Absolutely. Again, 1994 = 20 Years ago, 1966 = 48 Years ago. Do the maths. England had to wait longer.

Canada's been waiting since 1867 so...

ENGLAND HAVE WAITED LONGER! What can't You understand. It's unfair for America to Host so soon.

Here we go again. You just cried for "support and understanding 2 days ago..." and it's the same old, broken record.

Back to IGNORE.

Archived