2023 Pan American Games Comp!

The Princeton Packet

This evening, at a town hall meeting, the PBOC has released the maps showing the locations of the venues. Not much was disclosed about what venues are where, but what is known at this point is that the Princeton University Stadium will be renovated to 80,000 seats and become a full multi-use stadium for the games.

TuHujPb.png

Is it still time to enter the competition? I'd like to bid with Orlando, Florida !

Join the fun!

Baton Rouge Announces Bid Campaign

Baton Rouges quest to bring the 2023 Pan-American Games to the city has received a unique kick-start today. Only two days after the mayor announced the formation of a bid committee and the cities plan to bid for the international sporting event a bid campaign was revealed. In todays press release Mayor Kip Holden said, "Our main priority is getting the plan together and public on board with such a large endeavor" he want on to talk about the bids theme "French culture is something deeply embedded in our state and city, as a result we felt that it would be important to showcase this in our campaign.". The campaign is entitled "The Games of Inspiration" and is meant to express the cities hope that these games will inspire the city to reach for more, and for millions of Americans [north,central, south americans] to be follow their dreams and exploit their talents. The campaign will also be used in French and Spanish, however, only the French version was released today. Organizers claim that a site to give feedback and show support will be up in the coming days.

2ugyogm.png

I'm just confused about something: is Canoe Slalom part of the program or not? It debuts at Toronto 2015 but i don't know if it means it's supposed to be at every games from now on or if it's just up to the organizing committee to decide whether or not they want to host that event...

I'm just confused about something: is Canoe Slalom part of the program or not? It debuts at Toronto 2015 but i don't know if it means it's supposed to be at every games from now on or if it's just up to the organizing committee to decide whether or not they want to host that event...

Supposed to be on from now on. It wasn't held before due to a lack of expected entries.

Yes, it is a part of each games from now on.

I'm confused about the whole thing! Anyone have a list of minimum seating requirements I can *borrow* :D

I would just go by the capacity of the Toronto 2015 venues.

I might enter as NYC, the only thing hold me back is that I don't know how to make a good logo haha.

NYC would be great!

• Like 1

Mayor de Blasio announces that New York City is biding for the 2023 Pan American Games

On Sunday night Mayor de Blasio announced that NYC is preparing a bid to host the 2023 Pan am games. "I have always been a fan of sports growing up in the big apple, I cant imagine a better place than New York to host in 2023", he said. Venues will include MetLife Stadium, NYCFC Stadium, Red Bull arena, and many more. Action will be spread out all over the city as we welcome the 2023 Pan American Games. More news will be available including the logo within the next couple of days.

• Like 2

Lets just leave it open to any city

Here are the official bid:

Princeton, New Jersey, United States

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Orlando, Florida, United States

New York City, New York, United States

The first 3 have submitted their logos, I hope a South American, Caribbean or Central American bid is entered.