2023 Pan American Games Comp!

I cant get my logo up because whenever I put the URL where it tells me to and I hit "ok", it does nothing......

email me the picture and I can post it here for you. I think I emailed you in the past (LA 2024 bid book) if not my PM box is empty so you can PM me there and I will send you my email address.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A FIVE CLUSTER SYSTEM

Soon after the announcement of the pro-games campaign, 'Ottawa, Oui!', leaks and rumors began to flow. One of which would be the extremely vague and premature map of the Ottawa area and it's proposed 'clusters' for the games.The map features a portion of Ottawa's city and it's neighboring town to the north, Aylmer.

bo553RO.png

UPDATE: The map does not include the whitewater, open water, mountain biking, water ski, and wakeboarding venues.

Baton Rouge Unveils New Website for Pan-American Bid

Today Baton Rouge unveiled their new website for the cities increasingly popular bid for the Pan-American Games. The website has information on the bid, it's goals, how you can support it, a calendar for upcoming events related to the bid, and a news page to stay up to date with the bid. The website also showcases what organizers call "The brand of the bid". This brand utilizes five primary colors: red, yellow, blue, green, and black. These are the same colors found in all Olympic related events. Organizers hope that the website will keep people informed about the bid, bid CEO Alexander Bernham said, "We have a lot of people saying things that simply are not true about our bid. We hope the website will set the record straight and inform the public what is really going on with the bid." Organizers claim that more detailed information about the bid will be released on September 15th in the form of a bid book. The bid will then be presented to PASO where they will vote on will be the host city. Other bidding cities include Princeton, New York, Las Vegas, Orlando, and Ottawa. - The Advocate

Visit the site here: http://br2023.weebly.com/

Lets just leave it open to any city

Here are the official bid:

Princeton, New Jersey, United States

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Orlando, Florida, United States

New York City, New York, United States

The first 3 have submitted their logos, I hope a South American, Caribbean or Central American bid is entered.

I want the Yanks to have a preliminary domestic bid phase. Therefore I nominate Kingston, Jamaica as an official bid for the 2023 Pan American Games. More details to follow...

Bid committee unveils logo for Orlando's Pan Am Games bid

Orlando's bid for the 2023 Pan American Games is only in the early stages of planning, but it looks like the team behind the project is ready to step up their communication game. During a press conference held today at City Hall, Mayor Buddy Dyer and, Janice Fernandez, President of Go Orlando 2023, unveiled the visual identity for the bid. "It's a very dynamic and modern look" Fernandez told the press, "You have this big round shape which can be interpreted as either being a sun, the symbol of the state of Florida, an orange, symbol of the Orlando region, or a globe. Then you have these two white triangles which are abstract representations of the american continent. The color of the logo goes from Orange at the center to Yellow, giving a sense of warmth emanating from Orlando on the abstract map."

Posters and promotional banners are expected to flourish in key locations around the city, as well as in Tampa.

More details regarding the bid are expected later this week as the deadline to submit a bid to PASO is next week.

Q3mM13G.png

source: The Orlando Sentinel

Ok, so here are the official bids so far,

I'll say this for the last time and I don't care if anyone is against it:

There will be NO prelims for the US,

If your against this then don't take part, it's better than constant moaning.

Here are the official bid (They become official when logos are submitted)

Princeton, New Jersey, United States

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

New York City, New York, United States

Orlando, Florida, United States

I'm still waiting for Kingston's logo, the logo deadline is September 5th 2014

Oops! Las Vegas is on the list of Official Bids too. Sorry for missing it out Pups!!

Rumors are true about NYC's focus on the Bronx

On Tuesday evening the NYPAOC (new york pan am organizing committee) has said that the rumors are true, the plans to bring the 2023 Pan American games to the big apple will focus on the Bronx. Athletics will be held at Baker Field, home to Columbia University. Yankee Stadium will host the opening ceremony, and NYC FC stadium will host the football finals. That is all that they are saying but hint there is more to come from the Bronx.

New Websites Unveiled[b/]
In an attempt to stir up support, the Ottawa City Council, along with the Ottawa Pan American Planning Committe (OPAC) and Ottawa, OUI!, unveiled their websites earlier today. "We are launching these websites simultaneously to show the bonds and support of each other/organization (including the city council). We will work closely together and support each other to make this dream a reality. We also need your help and support to to do this, Ottowans and Canadians! Together, we can do this!" Announced Mayor Watson early this Tuesday Morning.

The website for OPAC is: http://www.Ottawa2023.weebly.com
It features an FAQ page, a media page, a volunteer page and much more. The website also showcases the new slogan, "Open Your Buds and Fly".

The website for OttawaOUI! would be: http://www.OttawaOUI.weebly.com
The site provides more detail on the organization.

*New Websites Unveiled

Archived