2023 Pan American Games Comp!

Ok, I think this is the first Pan Am Games bidding competiton, correct me if I'm wrong.

So here are the rules:

You must submit your bid book (in PDF format) on the given deadline (See below)

Your Bid Book must include the following info:

A intoduction, Why your City would be the perfect host, The concept of the bid, A venue plan (The proposed venues must have the capacity proposed during the games written next to it), Maps and pictures of the venues, Media Facilities and Info on Accomodation, Transportation and Security.

Ok, So start nominating your cities, deciding whether to work in a group or by yourself and making you logo. The deadline for submissions is on the 12th of September 2014.

Also bids from: Lima, Toronto, Guadalajara, Rio de Janeiro, and Santo Domingo will not be accepted.

Voting will take place after the deadline.

Good Luck!

Correction: Your

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baton Rouge Announces Pan-American Bid

Today Mayor Kip Holden in front of a crowd nearly 2000 large announced that the city of Baton Rouge will submit a bid for the 2023 Pan-American Games. The mayor quoted the cities recent growth and downtown revitalization by saying, "Over the past ten years Baton rouge has grown at a tremendous pace and it shows no signs of stopping. Finally it is becoming relevant in the world that the city we all knew was a hidden gem is finally starting to shine.". Supporters of the bid state that with proper funding Baton Rouge will be able to use it's existing sports infrastructure and venues in New Orleans to stage the event. Additionally they quote Baton Rouges experience with handling large crowds and Louisiana's history of hosting successful events. Proponents also claim that the event would be affordable and have positive benefits for the city. Opponents to the bid site the fact that many 'Olympic' styled events always go over budget and look at Beijing, Athens, Rio, Toronto, London, and Sochi as examples. They also claim that the money could be better spent to help improve infrastructure and schools. The mayor has said that over the next few weeks the a bidding comittee will be formed and that more information on the bid will be released on September 15th. - The Advocate

UPDATE: The Mayor has revealed the cities logo for the event. It will come in English, Spanish, and French versions to represent the cities multinational influence and history. The logo depicts the cities artistic side and relationship with the Mississippi River.

ay2ixd.png

35lvuqf.png

63ymo7.png

Princeton Bid for the XIX Pan-American Games

The Princeton Bid Organizing Committee (PBOC) has released the winner of the logo competition held at the local schools. This contest further highlights PBOC's idea to make these games the people's games. The logo, designed by Henry Howard Henry, showcases the Olympic Ring's Colors, representing the Olympic Charter that all athletes, officials, and coaches must follow. The shape of the blue, red, and black symbols represent the birds that fly in all the parks of Princeton and all of the skies of the great community. The final section, the orange and black wings, represent the colors of Princeton and Princeton University. The people and students that live in the town will host athletes from around the continent and give them the wings to soar to greatness.

ZHHjO7u.png

VzVymMq.png

Ok, so we have 3 official bids, Baton Rouge, Princeton and Ottawa, I'm still waiting for Ottawa's logo, Baton Rouge and Princeton can now begin work on their bid books, I've extended the deadline to 16th September 2014. Any other entries are welcome.

It amazes me how quick you guys can create these logos, I don't even have the right software!

I have been thinking about Baton Rouge hosting the Pan-Ams for a few months. The logo was an idea I had for a while, but did not develop until late last night.

I really wanted to take part, but my computer died last week. Anyways, anyone started their bid books yet? I can't wait to start reading them!! I was planning a Havana bid, Anyone got their full opening ceremony for 1991? Also, new entries are still welcome!! The logo deadline is 5th September 2014.

I made mine on google docs since I have 0 experiance making logos

I should show you some of my earlier logos...my God! I think graphic design is one of those things that takes time because with each new product you learn new techniques that make your projects look better or speed up the creation process. I would recommend Pixlr Editor if your beginning with design and then using Pixlr express to make it look nicer. I would also recommend to start using silhouettes of buildings in the beginning as well, they can really help.

I really wanted to take part, but my computer died last week. Anyways, anyone started their bid books yet? I can't wait to start reading them!! I was planning a Havana bid, Anyone got their full opening ceremony for 1991? Also, new entries are still welcome!! The logo deadline is 5th September 2014.

I have already started on my bid book...I may post a leak soon.

Speaking of Havana, I'm hoping a Caribbean or Central American bid is entered!!

@MrBernham I suck at Graphic Design, I might try and use Pixlr when I get a new computer.

Preliminary Venue Plan released for Baton Rouge's 2023 Pan-American Games Bid

On the heals of the Mayor's Friday announcement a divided collection of people for and against the bid has formed. To address the growing interest in the bid the mayor's office today released a list of the venues for the event. The press release announced that the venue list may change over time, but hope that it will provide an idea of what the event would look like in Baton Rouge. The mayor's office also revealed that the budget will be close to 3-4 billion dollars. You can follow The Advocates coverage of the bid in our new 'Game Time' section. - The Advocate

1z2on5d.png

I started off with Paint.Net. Goodness. those were the days where I thought I made some cool designs, but now I feel like burning them :wacko:

I could say the same thing about my pixlr designs from way back then. Excited to see Ottawas logo!

Great Venue Plan! I can't wait to see what Princeton and Ottawa came up with!! Also the font of your logo reminds me of the Paris 2012 Logo. I won't be doing the prelims for the US since it seems that not many people have entered and keeping 3 bids woukd be enough (Entries are still welcome)

Great Venue Plan! I can't wait to see what Princeton and Ottawa came up with!! Also the font of your logo reminds me of the Paris 2012 Logo. I won't be doing the prelims for the US since it seems that not many people have entered and keeping 3 bids woukd be enough (Entries are still welcome)

It is inspired by it. I wanted to showcase the fact that Baton Rouge is a colorful and artistic city (the Paris 2012 logo always reminded me of a paint brush style).

Mayor Watson Reveals Ottawa2023 "PanAm" Bid Logo

Mayor Watson, today, revealed the city's 2023 Pam American Games bid logo. Watson noted how the shapes used represents the Tulip, the city's official flower since 2001. The artistic curves that cut through the left petal represent the rivers that shape the city's geography (Ottawa River, Rideau River, Jock River), and the entire logo is sealed off with a big 'O' (hinting the city's nickname, "O-town" and possibly the Province: Ontario). The color palette used is inspired by the cool climate of Canada and the colors of the Ottawa flag. "Canada's iconic Maple Leaf is snugly tucked inside, and the two variations of the logo, one in English and one in French, emphasize the city's historical diversity [with the French] as well as it's modern linguistic diversity." the Mayor added.

Some speculate that the logo also represents a person flying. something related to beauty, grace, and history. or possibly Ottawa [City]'s motto: "Advance-Ottawa-En Avan".

p8ej9R4.png

(P.S. Is the logo suppose to say 'Applicant City' or 'Candidate City')

Archived