Berlin To Unveil 2024 Games Bid

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The berlin olympic stadium is one of the most historic structures in, not just berlin, all of germany. It does not need to be bastardized by adding glowing lights, and replacing every nostalgia facto

IF it passes a referendum. IF

I wasn't speaking literally about climate. I was talking more in terms of ambiance and emotion. Australia or Spain or the US would offer a nicer contrast to Tokyo, IMO. Again this is purely subjective

Excellent. I reckon Berlin 2024 will be a strong Bid and will be one of the Favourites, alongside Rome and Paris, to Host the 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. The 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics are coming back to Europe. Durban will probably use the 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics Bidding as a 'Warm Up' for the 2028 Summer Olympics and Paralympics Bidding IMO. I can't see Los Angeles Hosting the 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics, but they might become a Candidate City IMO.

If it pass the referenda then Berlin Germany would be the strongest bid in the 2024 race Germany is the superpower of Europe and never hosted the games back in the United Germany, 2024 will also be 35 years after the fall of the Berlin wall and have an world divide of about half of the people in the world born before or after the wall. Berlin Germany and Los Angeles USA if both in the race will be the frontrunners in the race and I think the vote will go down to an hair to pick the winner.

On December 6th the DOSB Meeting (Germany's ''NOC'') is held in Dresden (Saxony). This is a possible date to announce the german City for bidding in 2024.

Today is not clear if Berlin want to bid for 2024 or 2028. But I think, if the rotation princip of the IOC is still going and possible Winter Games 2022 in Central Asia/Asia, a European Bid for Summer Games 2024 is very strong, especially when Berlin bids (or Hamburg).

The cities understood there is no chance to bid when the public doesn't support the bid. Therefore is planned a very transperant bidding phase, so everyone can see the costs of the bid and the possible Games. And the new IOC Agenda says that the future Games should be more influence by the City's strength, so more individual aspects can be part of the bid.

• Like 1

:) More the merrier!

Great to see a Paris v Berlin v USA chosen city clash. Could be a 2012 bid clash again...and gosh does this board need a spark up!

But yes, let's see if Berlin Citizens want it first.

• Like 1

:) More the merrier!

Great to see a Paris v Berlin v USA chosen city clash. Could be a 2012 bid clash again...and gosh does this board need a spark up!

But yes, let's see if Berlin Citizens want it first.

Add in Rome if they bid but the Prime Minster of Italy is against the bid and so is the Mayor of Paris France if Berlin Public reject the bid then it will be boring race for 2024. .

Would Germany still be a favorite if Hamburg was chosen? Hamburg seems to be a lower tier city so, maybe it would go to the likes of Paris, Rome, or the US. Obviously, the actually plan is the most important thing, not what tier your city is, but it's just a thought...

Would Germany still be a favorite if Hamburg was chosen? Hamburg seems to be a lower tier city so, maybe it would go to the likes of Paris, Rome, or the US. Obviously, the actually plan is the most important thing, not what tier your city is, but it's just a thought...

If it Hamburg is the bidding city from Germany then no and I would think if it were then the USA will get the games.

I can see Hamburg being like Venice was for a Rome 2020 bid. Just a small domestic roadblock. That being said, Hamburg has the capability of hosting unlike Venice did, but I think Germany would want to put their big guns out there.

Why? What's so great about Berlin?

I don't get Berlin as a city (then again, it's the traditional rivalry with Munich I guess). But it's certainly a city that could easily host also in the 21st century.

I can see Hamburg being like Venice was for a Rome 2020 bid. Just a small domestic roadblock. That being said, Hamburg has the capability of hosting unlike Venice did, but I think Germany would want to put their big guns out there.

DOSB could have put forward Hamburg in 2012 but made the wrong decision...not that Hamburg would have beaten London, but could have saved us the Leipzig embarassment. Funny though that Wowereit is pushing ahead on the day he suddenly and surprisingly announces his retirement as from December!

I dunno. Yes, Germany should host again. Personally, I think I would enjoy German Winter Games more than German Summer Games. Rio, Tokyo, Berlin? I dunno. Personally I'd prefer a sunnier, happier locale. LA, Durban and Paris are all more appealing to me than Berlin at this point in time. That's purely subjective. Just my feeling. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I dunno. Yes, Germany should host again. Personally, I think I would enjoy German Winter Games more than German Summer Games. Rio, Tokyo, Berlin? I dunno. Personally I'd prefer a sunnier, happier locale. LA, Durban and Paris are all more appealing to me than Berlin at this point in time. That's purely subjective. Just my feeling. Will be interesting to see what happens.

German Winter Games are off the agenda since last November, sadly. As for Berlin, I believe they'll really bid if the referendum passes. And I'm predicting it won't, not even come close.

German Winter Games are off the agenda since last November, sadly. As for Berlin, I believe they'll really bid if the referendum passes. And I'm predicting it won't, not even come close.

I understand they're off the table, but I'd still prefer them to Summer Games.

Such a missed opportunity all the way around.

I understand they're off the table, but I'd still prefer them to Summer Games.

Such a missed opportunity all the way around.

It was really sad that Munich voted it down in 2022 I was supporting them after that Ive been supporting Almaty Kazakhstan this is my 2nd choice after Munich Germany in the 2022 bid race.

I wonder if this'll light a fire under the Parisians' asses becuz I just know they will feel "stung" again if Berlin gets to host the Games before they do and on the centennial anniversary (I know that means so little) of a French Games.

But Paris got an problem there mayor she does not support an Olympics Games bid I would say if they do bid and lose against either Berlin or Los Angeles that will kill them and forget about hosting the Olympics after losing to Barcelona, Beijing and London. Interesting note even Toronto beat Paris in the 2008 bid race.

Why? What's so great about Berlin?

Berlin is a really weird city, but I don't think anyone can doubt that it would do a good job of hosting.

I actually really like the idea of Berlin hosting again. Right now Berlin is too self-consciously postmodern and almost "post-German." The campaign to forget about the dark days of the 20th century has also culled a lot of the positive aspects of German history too. I hate nationalism, but Berlin is one of the two places I've ever been to where I felt like the people were not patriotic enough.

On the other hand Montreal is the second city, and hosting the Olympics didn't seem to make the people of Quebec proud to be Canadian.

I dunno. Yes, Germany should host again. Personally, I think I would enjoy German Winter Games more than German Summer Games. Rio, Tokyo, Berlin? I dunno. Personally I'd prefer a sunnier, happier locale.

It's warmer and sunnier than London. From a fan perspective places like Rome and Barcelona might be better, but from the perspective of the athletes I actually think London, Paris and Berlin are close to ideal. You don't want to have to run a mile in 90 degree weather. Low 70's is perfect.

If it pass the referenda then Berlin Germany would be the strongest bid in the 2024 race Germany is the superpower of Europe and never hosted the games back in the United Germany, 2024 will also be 35 years after the fall of the Berlin wall and have an world divide of about half of the people in the world born before or after the wall. Berlin Germany and Los Angeles USA if both in the race will be the frontrunners in the race and I think the vote will go down to an hair to pick the winner.

I though Russia was Europe's superpower? Consistency...