How does the IOC Progress?

Is Bach the Right Person to move the IOC Forward?

Is Bach too Political?

Does Bach have enough Control or too much Control?

Should Bach separate the IOC from Politics?

These are Important Questions. Discuss it all here.

Is Bach the Right Person to move the IOC Forward?

No.

This implicitly answers all other questions too.

And if I must give a reason: Someone who's been very much inner-circle IOC for over 20 years, first as a Samaranch protege and then himself taking various offices until finally becoming President cannot in the slightest way pretend he's got clean hands and can get the IOC to do a fresh start with this agenda 2020 thing.

It doesn't matter if he is the right person or not. He *IS* the person... all the talk in the world won't change that.

That's what discussions are about. They are about what can be done to improve the situation. It doesn't stop us talking about Blatter, even though he IS in charge of Fifa.

It doesn't matter if he is the right person or not. He *IS* the person... all the talk in the world won't change that.

He is the person occupying the presidency. I'm increasingly skeptical that he will move the IOC in a positive direction or effect meaningful change. The 2-3 billion comment is idiotically disingenuous. If that were true almost anyone could host successful Games. We know that's not the case. We'll have to see what comes of agenda 2020.

I've got much more hope for Nawal.

I suppose we should give Bach the benefit of the doubt, as he has only been President less then a Year. He doesn't seem as convincing as Rogge and Rogge seemed less Politically minded then Bach does. Like whats been said before, let's see what happens in the IOC Extraordinary Meeting with the Agenda 2020 and hope for the Best.