Melbourne Should Bid For Olympic Games

GBModerator

Perth has gone from 1.5 million in 2006 to 2 million in 2014 just 8 years and is Australia fastest growing city now and will be around the 4 million people mark by 2040, Perth is one of the fastest growing cities in the world and is also one of the longest cities in the world too, 2020s are bit too soon for Perth but in the 2030s and 2040s it will be ready to host the Olympics and Paralympics Games.

51T0DnfCflL._SY300_.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perth has gone from 1.5 million in 2006 to 2 million in 2014 just 8 years and is Australia fastest growing city now and will be around the 4 million people mark by 2040, Perth is one of the fastest growing cities in the world and is also one of the longest cities in the world too, 2020s are bit too soon for Perth but in the 2030s and 2040s it will be ready to host the Olympics and Paralympics Games.

Sorry GCL, but realistically, I can't see Perth Hosting. If Australia Hosts again, Melbourne is probably the Favourite. If some People aren't giving Brisbane a chance, what chance does Perth have? None. @FYI said minimum 2.5 Million. You said the growth was 1.5 million to 2 million. Irrelevant Your argument is, because it's still below 2.5 Million. IMO, Sydney or Melbourne will always be Australia's Bidder if they Bid. Brisbane and definitley Perth have no chance.

Sorry GCL, but realistically, I can't see Perth Hosting. If Australia Hosts again, Melbourne is probably the Favourite. If some People aren't giving Brisbane a chance, what chance does Perth have? None. @FYI said minimum 2.5 Million. You said the growth was 1.5 million to 2 million. Irrelevant Your argument is, because it's still below 2.5 Million. IMO, Sydney or Melbourne will always be Australia's Bidder if they Bid. Brisbane and definitley Perth have no chance.

There was an poll done in Australia on which state you want to live in and 62% of them said they would like to live in Western Australia, Perth is the powerhouse capital of Australia and other states apart from Queensland are on welfare from us, If Western Australia becomes another country then the rest of Australia will be screwed.

Don't laugh FYI, this is plan so cunning you could you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel

If Western Australia secedes, Perth can submit an Olympic bid as part of a new country. Sydney 2000 won't matter; that hurdle is removed at a stroke! It's an almost guaranteed win!

baldrick_small.jpg

Don't laugh FYI, this is plan so cunning you could you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel

If Western Australia secedes, Perth can submit an Olympic bid as part of a new country. Sydney 2000 won't matter; that hurdle is removed at a stroke! It's an almost guaranteed win!

baldrick_small.jpg

I can almost see Lord Blackadder making the official opening speech at Perth 2028/2032/2036/2040...

Western Australia has 10% of Australia people and control 45% of Australia economy, Western Australian people are in the top 10 richest people in the world.

BS. Give me a source.

WAers are extremely vulnerable to a economic downtown - the economy of Melbourne and Sydney is far more diverse - and still holds the power - both culturally and economic.

Western Australia has 10% of Australia people and control 45% of Australia economy, Western Australian people are in the top 10 richest people in the world.

Do you think by just saying that, you can magically make it true? runningrings, here is an actual source for you..

http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/#tab:overall

So on that list, there is exactly 1 Australian in the top 200. In doing some research, apparently she is from Western Australia, but that's it.

GCL.. if you want to be taken seriously (and you probably lost that privilege a long time ago), making unsubstantiated claims that any doofus who can spend 15 seconds on Google has the ability to disprove is not going to help your cause here. But since it's more fun to make you prove otherwise, please offer us some insight into your claim that Western Australian people are in the top 10 richest people in the world.

Oh I don't think so...

It's potential wealth...maybe.(then that's everyone else in Australia as well) But it's actual wealth, no.

This is getting ridiculous. Western Australia accounts for approx. 250billion of Australia's 1,500 billion economy- or 16 percent.

The people of WA are some of the richest in the world- but so are all Australians. Australia has the 6th highest GDP per capita and is 2nd in the Global Human Development Index.

When they are choosing between Paris, NY, Shanghai, Istanbul, Toronto, Stockholm, Madrid, Buenos Aires, Delhi etc.... they ain't picking Perth.

Would love to see Melbourne get the games again in my lifetime. They regularly top the annual SportsCity poll and are probably one of the few cities in the world who could host the games at relatively short notice.

Me too, but I think weather will prove to be too much of an issue.

Oh sorry; I think it was Adelaide.

Possibly - snakes are everywhere in Australia. Although seeing them in urban areas is relatively rare- I've never seen a snake in Melbourne or Sydney. I've seen a snake only twice- once on a farm as a child and more recently camping on the NSW Central Coast. They're harmless if you leave them alone.

Archived