Poll Shows Opposition To Oslo 2022 Grows

GBModerator

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been saying it for like since the beginning of the race it will come down to Beijing China and Almaty Kazakhstan, Sweden and Ukraine bids were jokes and Poland will be out and Norway will be too.

You seriously have no clue on the subject. Sweden's Bid wasn't a joke. Stockholm 2022 was the favourite and had the strongest Bid before they withdrew. Norway isn't out yet, so stop saying it until and if it becomes official. I just hope and I know Kazakhstan won't Win. IF Oslo withdraw, it's Beijing's to lose. Not many people want Kazakhstan to Host, it's just in Yours and Olympic Fan Darcy's dream, which is going to stay a dream and not reality. Norway is a Winter Sports Powerhouse and China has more to offer then Kazakhstan has.

Boy you are going to be shocked on July 31 2015 when Almaty Kazakhstan get;s the hosting rights to 2022 Almaty Kazakhstan will be on an low cost games which will help the winter games movement to get back Europe to wanting to host it Beijing China will scare any others from bidding for the games.

Just Your dream. Not going to happen. KAZAKHSTAN WON'T HOST A LOW COST GAMES, IF THE IMPOSSIBLE HAPPENS AND THEY HOST AT ALL. Look at reality. Kazakhstan and Peru will never Host an Olympic Games.

China, I'd say is pretty "free". Other than the restricted internet, smog*, and humidity* It's really not that bad.

*not all of China is smoggy/humid

Are You serious? I'm hoping Your being sarcastic.

If Your not being sarcastic, then here is a reality check. China has a communist Government. China has a poor Human Rights record. China has poor International Relations with Tibet, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea. China doesn't allow freedom of the Press. China has Environment Issues, that can harm Life. China is far from a Democracy and Kazakhstan are just as bad as China, no matter what GCL claims wrongfully that Kazakhstan is a Democracy. That's a rubbish claim. Kazakhstan is ex Soviet Union. Beijing would be the best of a bad situation IF Oslo withdraws.

I am terrible sorry!!! I remembered totally wrong. I have just checked and don´t understand. I have always walked around thinking Copenhagen was the only Nordic country without SOG... But of course, Oslo has not either. Sorry for my bad memory :(

Iceland hasn't Hosted either the Summer or the Winter Olympics.

You seriously have no clue on the subject. Sweden's Bid wasn't a joke. Stockholm 2022 was the favourite and had the strongest Bid before they withdrew. Norway isn't out yet, so stop saying it until and if it becomes official. I just hope and I know Kazakhstan won't Win. IF Oslo withdraw, it's Beijing's to lose. Not many people want Kazakhstan to Host, it's just in Yours and Olympic Fan Darcy's dream, which is going to stay a dream and not reality. Norway is a Winter Sports Powerhouse and China has more to offer then Kazakhstan has.

Just Your dream. Not going to happen. KAZAKHSTAN WON'T HOST A LOW COST GAMES, IF THE IMPOSSIBLE HAPPENS AND THEY HOST AT ALL. Look at reality. Kazakhstan and Peru will never Host an Olympic Games.

For a 17 year old, you're were generously applying the "will never host" statement.

Apart from silly fantasies about the next 20 years or so, principally speaking, Kazakhstan is one of not too many countries that could, geographically and climatewise, host Winter Olympics. It does have facilities and has hosted events before and will in the future. In the 2022 race, they should be the rank outsider, but I'd not at all exclude them from *ever* hosting the WOG.

As for Lima...again it's no use making fantasies about 2028 or so, but in principle, I think all South American metropoles, including Lima, could *potentially* host the Olympics one day, depending on their development. And this could well happen in the next 60 or 70 years you will hopefully live on this planet, Tony.

Are You serious? I'm hoping Your being sarcastic.

If Your not being sarcastic, then here is a reality check. China has a communist Government. China has a poor Human Rights record. China has poor International Relations with Tibet, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea. China doesn't allow freedom of the Press. China has Environment Issues, that can harm Life. China is far from a Democracy and Kazakhstan are just as bad as China, no matter what GCL claims wrongfully that Kazakhstan is a Democracy. That's a rubbish claim. Kazakhstan is ex Soviet Union. Beijing would be the best of a bad situation IF Oslo withdraws.

Hey, that's your perspective as an outsider. I've stayed there a few summers with family. That claim was based purely on my experiences as an American/Chinese/HongKongese staying in a middle-class, urban environment. The internet thing is no issue, you can easily bypass that and access sites that do have freedom. Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan (nobody [in China] calls it "Chinese Taipei" BTW [from my experiences]), and China probably don't give two sh*ts about eachother anymore (or at least HK/Macao's freedom cotract ecpires). The conflict between China and Japan is mainly historical, but still carries on today on personal levels (mainly in Nanjing [*cough* possible conflict in YOG *cough*]). The smog is a problem, but it isn't the entirety of China. Have you seen ShenZhen after the the Universiade? There are so many more greeneries now. So many plants and flowers neatly being maintained (I should know because I've seen some workers replanting some flowers) along roads, highways, and sidewalks. Sure, you have no freedom of speech, but things get built so much quicker. HSR? Check. Renweble Energy? Nuclear Power and Solar power (they put solar panels on every roof in the sunny regions), baby! Have I thought about the homes/stores lost. No, I've rarely heard of news where a highrise has been bulldozed for a subway station (again, urban environment). Have I thought about the workers? Yes. But I really can't do anything but hope they get acceptable pay. The human rights [in factories] is not China's problem alone. Guess who's buying those iPhones, iPads, and iPods?

The air is fine, I mean, they're already selling fresh-air-in-a-can!

Of course, I've only touched up on the somewhat acceptable stuff of China. There's the humidity! :P

(Note: humidity only in the region in which my family resides in)

What the IOC should do is cut a deal with the Norwegian government in which they support the bid, Then the IOC will award the Games to Oslo, then have Oslo pull a Denver 76.

This is actually a great plan! What the IOC needs, badly, is a do-over. But they are too wussy to say, "these options suck, anyone else want in?" But this would work, wouldn't it.

And, if you think about what city might be willing to jump in with a late bid..... Denver's not a crazy option (especially if you let them use the sliding track in Utah.

The IOC gets a great host. The stain of '76 is erased. A successful games will draw democratic countries back to bid.

What's not to love?

Hey, that's your perspective as an outsider. I've stayed there a few summers with family. That claim was based purely on my experiences as an American/Chinese/HongKongese staying in a middle-class, urban environment. The internet thing is no issue, you can easily bypass that and access sites that do have freedom. Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan (nobody [in China] calls it "Chinese Taipei" BTW [from my experiences]), and China probably don't give two sh*ts about eachother anymore (or at least HK/Macao's freedom cotract ecpires). The conflict between China and Japan is mainly historical, but still carries on today on personal levels (mainly in Nanjing [*cough* possible conflict in YOG *cough*]). The smog is a problem, but it isn't the entirety of China. Have you seen ShenZhen after the the Universiade? There are so many more greeneries now. So many plants and flowers neatly being maintained (I should know because I've seen some workers replanting some flowers) along roads, highways, and sidewalks. Sure, you have no freedom of speech, but things get built so much quicker. HSR? Check. Renweble Energy? Nuclear Power and Solar power (they put solar panels on every roof in the sunny regions), baby! Have I thought about the homes/stores lost. No, I've rarely heard of news where a highrise has been bulldozed for a subway station (again, urban environment). Have I thought about the workers? Yes. But I really can't do anything but hope they get acceptable pay. The human rights [in factories] is not China's problem alone. Guess who's buying those iPhones, iPads, and iPods?

The air is fine, I mean, they're already selling fresh-air-in-a-can!

Of course, I've only touched up on the somewhat acceptable stuff of China. There's the humidity! :P

(Note: humidity only in the region in which my family resides in)

Also In Kazakhstan you have freedom of speech and have 3 parliamentary parties the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev is known as the father of the nation do you know why he has built Kazakhstan to the country it is today really transformed the place since the fall of the Soviet Union, He will be the President of Kazakhstan for the rest of his life he is very well like by the people in Kazakhstan 85% re=elected him in the last election, future President;s of Kazakhstan will be the President for 2 6 year terms max the President is well liked by Western world leaders the USA deals very much with them so does the EU. China has none and other parties are not allowed in China.

Also In Kazakhstan you have freedom of speech and have 3 parliamentary parties the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev is known as the father of the nation do you know why he has built Kazakhstan to the country it is today really transformed the place since the fall of the Soviet Union, He will be the President of Kazakhstan for the rest of his life he is very well like by the people in Kazakhstan 85% re=elected him in the last election, future President;s of Kazakhstan will be the President for 2 6 year terms max the President is well liked by Western world leaders the USA deals very much with them so does the EU. China has none and other parties are not allowed in China.

Woah. That's very similar to the situation with North Korea and Kim Jong Il.

Woah. That's very similar to the situation with North Korea and Kim Jong Il.

No he is more like the 1st President of Turkey Mustafa Kemal Atatürk building up the country and make it modern liberal secular democracy, All the reforms are now nearly complete the people of Kazakhstan loves him and will be the President for life.

They are not forced to love him they have elections and people vote for him with other people on the polls it's an Liberal democracy Kazakhstan is.

Your living in denial. Kazakhstan is as bad as China. Kazakhstan, Russia and China are all NOT Democracies. England, United States Of America and Australia are examples of Democracies.

Yes, but my point is that numbers are just numbers, and without personal experience you cannot really justify that (especially in a country like Kazakhstan). China is forced to love their leader (publicly), North Korea is forced to love their leader, which brings back to the point of media manipulation for both citizens and foreign press. Does focusing on just the percentage of love prove that any of those countries are more democratic or "free"?

Your living in denial. Kazakhstan is as bad as China. Kazakhstan, Russia and China are all NOT Democracies. England, United States Of America and Australia are examples of Democracies.

Russia is partially democratic. Living in a communist state doesn't necessarily make the country a living hell hole for all of it's citizens.

China has a communist Government. China has a poor Human Rights record. China has poor International Relations with Tibet, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea. China doesn't allow freedom of the Press. China has Environment Issues, that can harm Life.

Beijing would be the best of a bad situation IF Oslo withdraws.

Biggest contradiction I've ever seen.

Almaty Kazakhstan does not carry baggage and is an new fresh place for the IOC, Beijing is not going to get it after the massive PR problems they had in 2008 which was bigger then Sochi Russia 2014, Kazakhstan is an Former Communist place while China is still is and still the same place with freedom wise back in 2001 and the smog is still worse in Beijing.

Almaty Kazakhstan does not carry baggage and is an new fresh place for the IOC, Beijing is not going to get it after the massive PR problems they had in 2008 which was bigger then Sochi Russia 2014, Kazakhstan is an Former Communist place while China is still is and still the same place with freedom wise back in 2001 and the smog is still worse in Beijing.

learn to differentiate your a and an please... hell, go review all your grammar.

Biggest contradiction I've ever seen.

Or like when GCL keeps harping that Kazakhstan is a "democracy" (he must be on their payroll), while at the same time having the audacity to say that Nazarbayev will be "president for life". Sounds a lot like the Russia/Putin "democracy". Spoken like a true propaganda machine.

No he is more like the 1st President of Turkey Mustafa Kemal Atatürk building up the country and make it modern liberal secular democracy, All the reforms are now nearly complete the people of Kazakhstan loves him and will be the President for life.

And yet Turkey, a FAR more appealing place than Kazahkstan, hasn't been able to secure an Olympics after five attempts. Go figure.

Archived