Sign in to follow this  
AustralianFan

2014 Glasgow Closing Ceremony Live Chat

Tom Delay was just on I so love him he is Gay too he is super hot.

I'm outta here....before I say something I should.

Athlete interviews on BBC. Does this mean there's a Grand Finale to top Kylie, or is it all just trickling away into the Clyde?

Dougie MacLean. Somewhat trickling, I'd say.

I'm outta here....before I say something I should.

I'm way too old for Tom Daley- but in his interview he was talking about "the younger divers".

Dougie MacLean. Somewhat trickling, I'd say.

media report said it was going to be a 90 minute Ceremony, so one of the quickest ever.

Its not long past 90 mins now and sounding like it is about to finish

I'm struggling with what everyone's problem is. It's only since KL that the ceremonies have started aping the Olympic ceremony style scale wise.

From day one Glasgow has been about bringing the Games back to a realistic intimate level without sacrificing the fun. A 100% success. The closing - like the opening - was just a fun night out. Not some country defining moment. Bravo.

But in less "safe" hands, maybe it could have been a country defining moment.

I'm struggling with what everyone's problem is. It's only since KL that the ceremonies have started aping the Olympic ceremony style scale wise.

From day one Glasgow has been about bringing the Games back to a realistic intimate level without sacrificing the fun. A 100% success. The closing - like the opening - was just a fun night out. Not some country defining moment. Bravo.

I agree. Good on you Glasgow!

It was okay - once it got to be a Kylie concert.

To tell you the truth, it wasn't as big a letdown for me as the opening.

• Like 1

Well, Glasgow had a great organization and atmosphere despite not having precisely memorable ceremonies (even though athletes and people there had fun in both so thats what mattered). Delhi organization, while god awful, at least compensated with spectacular ceremonies (although I was never a big fan of that ugly globe they used)

Delhi India 2010 ceremonies was outstanding the 3rd world upstage Scotland I'm now going back to bed now good night all, As the Commonwealth Games moves on to Gold Coast Australia 2018 see you Commonwealth Games there and go Edmonton Canada 2022 for the hosting right to the 22nd Commonwealth Games.

Delhi India 2010 ceremonies was outstanding the 3rd world upstage Scotland I'm now going back to bed now good night all, As the Commonwealth Games moves on to Gold Coast Australia 2018 see you Commonwealth Games there and go Edmonton Canada 2022 for the hosting right to the 22nd Commonwealth Games.

You can't help yourself, can you? What exactly about the mere idea of Durban do you hate?

Bye all, thanks for the input and the banter. Mostly respectful to each other apart from one post early on

You can't help yourself, can you? What exactly about the mere idea of Durban do you hate?

diversity and respect - it's ok to each support different teams

rest assured, it is the Glasgow Closing Ceremony stage

Yeah, but it still could've revolved around the theme/logo a bit more

OCSmPx0.png // BN0iFv7.png

This is absolutely the worst closing ceremony I have ever seen. No effort made whatsoever apart from hiring Kylie. Switching off now, to watch some paint dry.

Actually, she's performing for free.

Well, Glasgow had a great organization and atmosphere despite not having precisely memorable ceremonies (even though athletes and people there had fun in both so thats what mattered). Delhi organization, while god awful, at least compensated with spectacular ceremonies (although I was never a big fan of that ugly globe they used)

Well...Malaysia has let out some yowls about using "dogs" in the OC. I wondered about that and when it was going to pop. Obviously, for all the talk of diversity and plurality, they didn't have any muslims on the Ceremonies committee to nix the gay kiss and those Scotties. I mean even evil Putin and the Russian hordes put a longer dress on Iran's placard-bearer in Sochi. Dogs are cute...but they really have no place in bearing a nation's name six inches from the ground. Since I have no access to this CC coverage, did they bring the little runts out again??

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Sanest post of the entire thread. Some people on here are just obsessed with big, flashy opening and closing ceremonies and if they are not bigger and flashier than the previous host's then the entire Games must be a failure! You just have to laugh, don't you?

Fortunately, the vast majority of us can manage to get it all into the right perspective!

You'll forgive us if some of us won't be counting the days until we have to see you again! -_-