The 18th Asian Games Jakarta 2018

zigzag

If I am not mistaken, the official broadcasting may need to update their system to reach to Olympic level. I think it will be one of the legacy from the Asian Games 2018 although it won't really give benefit to Jakarta and Palembang people.

But I saw some articles that the local government of Palembang/South Sumatra, develop many new infrastructure to support the Asian Games 2018.

Yes.. The broadcasting quality will be upgraded for Asiad 2018 as you can see here..

Asiad 2018 broadcasting has been discussed.

Indonesian Olympic Committee (KOI) has just held a meeting with all national private television stations on Friday, January 15th 2016. The meeting was held at the Office of KOI and discuss the broadcasting system 2018 Asian Games.
In this meeting, also attended two representatives of the OCA. They are Jian Zhou, as the Media Manager of the OCA, and Daniel Hubp, OCA television consultant.
Both are explained in detail about the broadcasting system in the Asian Games. KOI chairman, Erick Thohir, said the OCA apply high standards for television stations to broadcast the Asian Games.
One of them is to make picture quality reaches 1080p HD resolution. Erick call this kind of image quality can not be met by all TV stations.
"Obviously, OCA hope the broadcasting quality at the Asian Games good. As the host, Indonesia did not want to be embarrassed. It is also important for the development of television in Indonesia. If you see the broadcast of football here, it is often to see the camera is moved violently," said Erick at his office after the meeting.
Not only high-resolution images, broadcast production Asian Games also requires 51 operational vans, 72 producion facilities and 5000 experts.
With requirements like these, Erick stated there is a solution offered by OCA. Which is to use TVPool or combine resources from all TV stations involved.
"But there is also a monopoly over the broadcasting rights. That can happen if there is one television station later that states capable of handling the production activities to broadcast the Asian Games," said Erick.
Meanwhile, Hubp said his company is applying high standards in serving the Asian Games. Hubp hopes to broadcast the Asian Games in a equivalent quality to the quality of the Olympics.
"The Olympics is our standard. From our experience, it was originally difficult for the host nation's broadcasters to meet all the specifications. But, in the end they could fulfill. I sure Indonesia can. It is also important to the development of television in Indonesia," said Hubp.

And there is no more updates for that topic yet but about Palembang though there are plenty of new developments for Asiad such as new bridges, airport expansion, LRT and many more...

• 4 weeks later...

Alright... Time for some new updates here...

Athletic Venue for 2018 Asian Games is moved
Athletics venue in the 2018 Asian Games, will not be held in the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, (SUGBK). Instead, Deputy IV for Sports Performance Improvement in the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Gatot S Dewa Broto, said athletics will use Madya Stadium.
Gatot explained that the reason to use the Madya Stadium, which is located inside the GBK area, Senayan, Jakarta, is because the Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing, is willing to provide funds for the renovation. Actually Madya Stadium are usually only used for athletics training.
"Association of Indonesian Athletics already approved, rather than in the main stadium is better at Stadion Madya, because there is guaranteed to held no other activities. In addition Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing agree to fund the renovation to match the standards of Europe," said Gatot in Monday 4 April 2016.
As for the amount of funds spent on the renovation, Gatot did not know. He explained that the Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing knows more.
Ministry of Youth and Sports recently held joint meeting with the Director of GBK, Winarto, Secretary General of the Football Association of Indonesia (PSSI), Azwan Karim, and the Association of Indonesian Athletics and several stakeholders. The meeting to discuss preparations for the Asian Games in 2018.
In another news check out the recent condition in the construction site for our Jakarta Athletes Village from 23th of March 2016...
Our government has promised to finish the Jakarta Athletes Village in around 550 days... So let's see how they will make it happen in such a short period..

• 3 months later...

It's time for some rumors about this games..

album_BEKRAF_bgs%20(3).JPG

On this picture we can see the finalist of our government's offical logo and mascot contest ready to be unveiled later this month..

Meanwhile..

13584673_1210925338941273_31916082244803

Indonesia's media company NET. is looking forward to hold the opening ceremony for Asiad 2018 as one of their keyperson said "Wait for our surprise in Asian Games 2018" For your information NET. is Indonesia's leading media company mainly popular for their unlikely Indonesian shows which includes an unique stage and presentation in their concerts which is never been seen and done in Indonesia before along with their international guest who is never invited by any Indonesian media before such as Carly Rae Jepsen in 2013, Ne Yo and Far East Movement in 2014, Demi Lovato and Karmin in 2015, and Dawin,Omi and Jessie J in 2016.

Stage example can be seen here..

A bit of fun fact though that one of NET.'s media rival Kompas is in charge of our SEA Games ceremony back in 2011..

• Like 1

As long as its something innovating, i'm in. As much as I liked Kompas work in 2011, I have to admit I felt they took a lot of ideas from other ceremonies, specially Doha 2006 (not mentioning that embarasing fail at the cauldron).

Also, did they do another logo/mascot contest? Weren't they also redesigning the mascot after the bad reception it got? Whatever happened to that.

As long as its something innovating, i'm in. As much as I liked Kompas work in 2011, I have to admit I felt they took a lot of ideas from other ceremonies, specially Doha 2006 (not mentioning that embarasing fail at the cauldron).

Also, did they do another logo/mascot contest? Weren't they also redesigning the mascot after the bad reception it got? Whatever happened to that.

I can guarantee that NET.'s ceremony will be so innovative for Indonesians, but for the rest of the world? I doubt it.. But about 2011 though Kompas did a great job at exposing the Indonesian culture into their ceremony since Kompas is a nationalist media, something I'm afraid NET. can't do since they are all about the international stars. I'm sure the games organizers don't want their ceremonies as a chance to show what is Indonesia to the world and what I believe as the only reason Indonesia was so crazy to host this event will be replaced with a Eurovision styled concert with the likes of Justin Timberlake or Justin Beiber in it.. If that happens what's the purpose of Indonesia hosting this event anyway since the Indonesian people will prefer to host FIFA Clubs World Cup instead of Asiad since atleast the winners of UEFA Champions League will be there..

And about the logo/mascot contest the top 3 has been decided as you can see in the 1st picture in my previous post and will be delivered to the Indonesian President so he knows the essence of the finalist's logo/mascot and for your information the top 3 has been selected from 11 nominees which is from Visualiteit, Feat Studio, Nusae, Mendiola Design, Ramanda Hadi, Okular, Visious, Isdijono Chandra, Emir Hakim Design, Jed Creative, and Mullenlowe Indonesia.

Now to some other news

Indonesia wants to independently hosts the broadcasting for Asiad since it will cut some cost, However OCA demands that Incheon 2014 broadcasting should be the standard for Indonesian broadcasters if they allowed to do it after OCA's visit later this month. Indonesians believe they will be allowed to broadcast the Asiad independently since their APEC 2013 broadcasting is considered as one of the best in APEC's history

And finally some updates on the venues, in this case is for the velodrome

http://architectureau.com/articles/cox-architecture-designs-51m-jakarta-velodrome/#img=1

• 2 weeks later...

Introducing our new Logo and Mascot for Asiad 2018

This Glasgow 2014 lookalike logo below is inspired from our main stadium "Gelora Bung Karno" containing the "Energy of Asia"

logo-baru-asian-games-2018-_160728140344

Meanwhile these cute Vancouver 2010 wannabe mascots below is created differently to represent the diversity of Indonesian people

CobViP0VIAA8rdV.jpg:smallCobfG1vUIAAK6i3.jpg

CobY132VMAQzOT8.jpg

CobZPULUEAMojor.jpg

CobYCx7UEAEzb1M.jpg

I was ok with the previous logo, to be honest. Weird that this one is based in the stadium and not in something from Indonesian culture.

The mascots are cute, though, definitely an improvement of that half ass designed bird we got initially. 

13 hours ago, zigzag said:

Meanwhile these cute Vancouver 2010 wannabe mascots below is created differently to represent the diversity of Indonesian people

CobfG1vUIAAK6i3.jpg

Yep, they're definitely Vancouver 2.0 mascots.

Especially Binh Binh and Sumi... they're long lost twins. Which one is the evil one?

Mx5ol2.jpg

Edited by Sir Rols

So what's next for Indonesia after releasing their new logo and mascot for Asiad 2018?

Indonesia planned to get sponsors again for Asiad 2018 after no progress was gained because they have to change their logo and mascot for the games as Asiad 2018 OC VP Muddai Madang said that "To compose a message there has to be an emblem, because yesterday we change our logo and mascot therefore many important messages were delayed".

Indonesia is also busy to launch Asiad 2018 website by next month along with the Asiad 2018 app for smartphones.  

And later this year Indonesia will have to pay 30 Million USD to OCA for host broadcasting fee as described in Asiad 2018 host city contract between the organizers and OCA just before Incheon 2014 who have paid OCA 40 Milion USD for their broadcasting fee however Indonesia can get 20 Million USD profit from broadcasting as OCA predicted 50M USD from broadcasting payment.

But however this is nothing but another lip service as no progress is detected in their venues as Indonesian Parliament member Yayuk Basuki said that "If this is last year, I am optimistic. Now it's 2016 already, Asian Games is now two years away. Friends in the Commission X were initially optimistic, now are pessimistic, " she also said that "I've asked when is the deadline for completion of the renovation of venues, next year we have the the Youth Games there. Now we ask to the OCA (Olympic Council of Asia), to ask with them how come they haven't build anything yet? "

• 2 weeks later...

I liked 4th and 7th. 4th had a very simple and minimalist design which seemed to be interesting when implemented in the brand (also the shape reminds me a lot of Rio's cauldron). 7th also had a neat brand. Its a shame they weren't picked

On 25/08/2016 at 8:56 AM, Ikarus360 said:

I liked 4th and 7th. 4th had a very simple and minimalist design which seemed to be interesting when implemented in the brand (also the shape reminds me a lot of Rio's cauldron). 7th also had a neat brand. Its a shame they weren't picked

Yes you're right but the current logo is not so bad in their branding for me..

CpzmhcpUAAAxdko.jpg:large

And by the way some other news here..

Recently Jakarta the host 3rd Indonesia ICT Carnival 2016 with Asiad 2018 preparation becoming their main theme in this event..

masthead.jpg

top_logo.jpg

In this event Indonesians are hoping to make Huawei as Asiad 2018's IT partner so that they can test 4.5G along with e-payment..

Cqrdb1NUsAAskyy.jpg:large

Meanwhile at long last our main stadium is evolving..

13768351_1570883433221638_18611663_n.jpg

14052564_1121507584552259_957445131_n.jp

14052532_168370533596566_1894664961_n.jp

Our main stadium's renovation will begin in 29 August 2016..

On 8/27/2016 at 0:25 PM, Ikarus360 said:

In the end the roof will be replaced, right? The renders don't seem to show much of it though it looks similar to the one they have right now. I just hope they install an actual athletics track on the stadium. 

Knowing Indonesia I doubt that they will replace the roof.. But however I can assure you that there will be no athletics track in the stadium since Indonesians will treat their main stadium the Maracana way..

And by the way more renders are out right now..

Cqn4SM4UkAAv2I_.jpg

Cqn30K4UEAAIKbC.jpg:large

And this is for Aquatics Arena

CqwRbkGVYAEYBAY.jpg:small

• Like 1

Asiad 2018 is on the move!!

Indonesians has got the allowance to independently host the broadcasting for Asiad 2018 even though they still has to pay 30 million dollars to OCA as written in the host city contract and after that they will held a meeting to discuss anything they need to prepare to be a good Asiad broadcaster for 2018..

Indonesia is also recently active in promoting the Asiad to other nations like this one for example..

2208433bayu1780x390.jpg

This is at World Martial Arts Masterships (WMAM) in Cheongju, South Korea where they got a pretty good reaction from Kurash and Sambo federations right there which is something good for the Indonesians and after that I've got a news telling me that Indonesia's President Joko Widodo is pushing Huawei to support the Asiad in implementing 4.5G tech in Indonesia right in the Huawei's Research and Development (R&D) center in Hangzhou, China during his G20 visit,  As Indonesia's Foreign Minister says that Huawei is really strong is R&D which is something that Indonesia needs to improve..

And at long last.. More pics from Jakarta's Main Stadium

14156302_1235332819839513_1114100816_n.j

14099891_1730096510582764_1395583562_n.j

• Like 1

Finally I can join this forum too...

Hi everyone, I'm Andreas Evando Priyanto from Lampung, Indonesia...

With zigzag (I kknow him also in SkyscraperCity Forum), wanna tell you more about XVIII Asiad Preparation...

Hope you guys can enjoy...

Ok, let me start...

Promotion of Asian Games 2018 for Indonesia's National Sports Day 2016 (9/9/2016)
Hopefully Marketing INASGOC also promoting Asiad XVIII in another countries...

Stage
by Uswah
14145416_920194574753749_1946343942_n.jp

by Sinyo Ureh
14280352_102161210244382_1184836911_n.jp

Back Stage
14288024_542557509275077_411179104_n.jpg

Bus
by Amar Ahmad
14192561_10207188327329734_2582825665631

Plus bonus, for sovenir... :lol:
by @fairuzabadim
14295392_945792608883873_1825300560_n.jp

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eVANDOpriyanto said:

Finally I can join this forum too...

Hi everyone, I'm Andreas Evando Priyanto from Lampung, Indonesia...

With zigzag (I kknow him also in SkyscraperCity Forum), wanna tell you more about XVIII Asiad Preparation...

Hope you guys can enjoy...

Ok, let me start...

Promotion of Asian Games 2018 for Indonesia's National Sports Day 2016 (9/9/2016)
Hopefully Marketing INASGOC also promoting Asiad XVIII in another countries...

Stage
by Uswah
14145416_920194574753749_1946343942_n.jp

by Sinyo Ureh
14280352_102161210244382_1184836911_n.jp

Back Stage
14288024_542557509275077_411179104_n.jpg

Bus
by Amar Ahmad
14192561_10207188327329734_2582825665631

Plus bonus, for sovenir... :lol:
by @fairuzabadim
14295392_945792608883873_1825300560_n.jp

At long last....

Thank you for joining this forum with me because I owe you for nearly everything I've posted here over the past few pages here..:P

After this I hope I can leave the english articles along with the progress pics and videos to you since it's you who does the research for it..

In the meantime I'll translate some of his Indonesian articles from our Asiad 2018 thread at the Indonesian SkyscraperCity Forum.

For the first one I'll explain about the renovations at Gelora Bung Karno

This will renovate 15 venues including Istora (usually for badminton), football, basketball, archery, and softball/baseball venue

The main stadium is expected to be ready at October 2017 with all other venues ready by November 2017 for the test events

Currently the main stadium is in single seat removing and soil test mode with the new stadium expected to have Olympic quality seats

The single seat removal so far is being held in sector 1, 2, 23, and 24 at the main stadium with the first crane is already assembled and the second one is being assembled

However some of the renovations are still pending due of the complicated bureaucracy of Indonesia considering that the tennis, aquatics, and the main stadium is protected by Indonesian law as their culture heritage as well with the Istora, athletics, basketball, softball/baseball, training venues, and the complex park renovation is still stuck at the auction phase right now.

Now I'll move the topic to the athletes village

Asiad 2018's athletes village will have 10 towers at Jakarta and 5 towers in Palembang with the construction at Jakarta starts at 17 March 2016 and Palembang which already has 3 towers done is building another 2 towers since 15 July 2016.

Jakarta's athletes village has 10 hectare and 7.424 units with block C-2 which has 3 towers and 1.930 units is 15,83% done and block D-10 with 7 towers and 5.494 units is 19,14% done. After being targeted to be completed in September 2017 it is expected to contain 3 people in a unit with the total capacity of 22.272 people which will be used as a local residence after Asiad.

Palembang's athletes village already has 3 towers and 198 units done in 2015 with other 2 towers and 132 units is 17,3% done and is expected to be completed by this December.

Asiad 2018's athletes village will have a type 36 unit with 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, a living room, and a laundry room.

And to complete this I'll show you another progress pics brought to you by eVANDOpriyanto

Jakarta's Main Stadium by Vido Photography

14309691_1762569467335610_1893216077_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTMzNjE1NDg2NTU5MjA4NDQ2NA%3D%3D.2

Jakarta's Indoor Tennis  by Bayu Yustira

14294802_293699141009654_1972648734_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTMzNjAxMzMwNzgyNDIzNjUxMQ%3D%3D.2