New Zealand

South Africa

Australia

Kenya

Wales

Samoa

Scotland

England

All through to tomorrow's medal knock out rounds at IBROX Park. :)

Bloody awsome with live feeds of the coach's pep talk, quickly have to kill the sound when the four lettered words of encouragement start blasting out :D

Loving this tournament....

To think, Twickenham sat completely empty during London 2012. Still annoyed about that. What a missed opportunity that was....sigh...

You win either way Rob...er, Bruce, both teams through but fighting for easier position tomorrow.

Lets not talk about the lonely abandoned Twickers two years ago. IOC were just being Sea' unts.

Mitchell (Eng) off, and probably for good by the look of that.

Kinda disappointed they don't have a women's tournament yet - luckily it won't be men's only in Rio.

I can't believe that I got exited by the Uganda - Sri Lanka game. Close Sevens games are really exiting. Should make for fun watching in Rio.

Kinda disappointed they don't have a women's tournament yet - luckily it won't be men's only in Rio.

I can't believe that I got exited by the Uganda - Sri Lanka game. Close Sevens games are really exiting. Should make for fun watching in Rio.

All mse events with sevens have the women competing (or will in the future). All hosts have the choice of adding women's sevens but have declined to do so.

All mse events with sevens have the women competing (or will in the future). All hosts have the choice of adding women's sevens but have declined to do so.

I'd say the IOC will have an influence here since both sexs have representation in Rio. Very odd but then back in the day it was decided Sevens for the men, Netball for the women...Commonwealth attitudes of the time. (Bummer there's no Basketball though). Netball Fast Six should replace the standard game in the CWGs.

Bowl Final

Eng v Wales, winners : England

Bronze Final

Australia 24 v Samoa 0

GOLD/Silver Final

South Africa 17 v New Zealand 12

GOLD - South Africa

Sliver - New Zealand

Bronze - Australia

End of an era as South Africa topples NZ off the top of the podium since 1998...and they really were the best team in the CWGs Sevens in 2014.

CONGRATULATIONS...South Africa!

The largest crowd attendance for a standard two day tournament 171 300.

(NZ leg of the Circuit should be moved to Eden Park IMO)

Sort of makes you wonder what 2012s attendance would've been...Rob.

Brilliant weekend of sport – though gutting that just as in 15’s Wales lose to Australia at the death.

As great as it is that 7s is now in the Olympics I hope it doesn’t devalue the Commonwealth tournament, especially if the IRB World Cup moves to the same year.

Hmmm. No doubt the Oly Gold will be the prestige one, but the presence of all the Home Nations should still mean the Commies tournament keeps a lot of cachet.

Brilliant weekend of sport – though gutting that just as in 15’s Wales lose to Australia at the death.

As great as it is that 7s is now in the Olympics I hope it doesn’t devalue the Commonwealth tournament, especially if the IRB World Cup moves to the same year.

At the moment, the CWGs are the standard "two years out" litmus test for what are mainly the superpowers in the sport...for now.

They need to allow the Women's Sevens into the CWGs. Becuse their pool would be smaller, they would only need a day for their tournament. Tack it on the day before the mens prehaps.

The SWC isnt all that popular thanks to the CWGs and World Circuit. Although letting newbie countries host it is a start. BUT it should grow as those nations outside the Commonwealth realy start to have an impact like France, USA, and Japan who take it seriously.

Archived