Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

Lima to Bid to Host 130th IOC Session in 2017

This is honestly just so sad.... What has this site come to.

• Like 1

But It's really not 'what has this site come to'. Cuz ever since this site was first created, there has always been some form of the Tony's & GCL's around here. You just have to learn how to meanuver around these sort of characters.

• Like 1

But It's really not 'what has this site come to'. Cuz ever since this site was first created, there has always been some form of the Tony's & GCL's around here. You just have to learn how to meanuver around these sort of characters.

Yes, but you must admit that the recent newcomers are more prolific than their past counterparts (I can think of quite a few who belong in this category, not just two). I also think the number of well-informed, intelligent posters has declined, making the nut jobs seem more prominent.

A decade ago, this forum (and perhaps every corner of the internet) was a bit more exclusive and attracted a higher percentage of people who were really engaged in a meaningful way with the subject at hand.

Now the internet is far more ubiquitous. Anyone goes anywhere. It's the natural habitat of a young generation who blabs anything without thinking and then expects respect for their drivel. They've brought the Facebook and Twitter mentality to Gamesbids and it's ruining the forum. Sites like this that lack any real gate-keeping are bound to have a significant uptick in stupid posters just because of the way the internet is maturing, the types of people who are using it and they way they're accustomed to using it.

Honestly, these forums suck. It's so rare I come across anything that is genuinely insightful, thought-provoking or interesting. It's mostly just stupid, ill-informed pontificating.

My level of involvement has decreased and will probably continue to do so. Every once in a while there's a bit of news or an interesting thread, but it's rare.

• Like 1

Stop pointing us out. We are having a debate like You do on a regular basis FYI.

Lovers quarrel.

I'm not that way inclined.

Yes, but you must admit that the recent newcomers are more prolific than their past counterparts (I can think of quite a few who belong in this category, not just two). I also think the number of well-informed, intelligent posters has declined, making the nut jobs seem more prominent.

A decade ago, this forum (and perhaps every corner of the internet) was a bit more exclusive and attracted a higher percentage of people who were really engaged in a meaningful way with the subject at hand.

Now the internet is far more ubiquitous. Anyone goes anywhere. It's the natural habitat of a young generation who blabs anything without thinking and then expects respect for their drivel. They've brought the Facebook and Twitter mentality to Gamesbids and it's ruining the forum. Sites like this that lack any real gate-keeping are bound to have a significant uptick in stupid posters just because of the way the internet is maturing, the types of people who are using it and they way they're accustomed to using it.

Honestly, these forums suck. It's so rare I come across anything that is genuinely insightful, thought-provoking or interesting. It's mostly just stupid, ill-informed pontificating.

My level of involvement has decreased and will probably continue to do so. Every once in a while there's a bit of news or an interesting thread, but it's rare.

Oh come on. Stop acting like the neutral, quiet, fed up and non-argumentative person.

How many rivalries have You been involved in? In fact, I can name lot's of rivalries that have featured 'Original Members'. Athens VS Baron - Baron VS Alex - Athens VS lot's of others - I could go on. Then, You get Olympic Fan Darcy liking Your comment, like he is innocent and neutral, when he has always tried to stir trouble around me the first second I arrived on this site.

Am I innocent? No.

Is it all my fault? No.

Is it all the 'Newbies' faults? No.

Are the original members to blame aswell? Yes.

Are me and GCL debating? Yes, that's what this site is, deal with it.

Is this site full of opinionated people? Of course it is, it's a site about the Olympics.

• Like 2

Stop pointing us out. We are having a debate like You do on a regular basis FYI.

What you are having is not a debate, it's a pissing match. You're definitely correct that happens on a regular basis here, and I've certainly been a part of several of those. But the original post by GCL was largely to bait a response and you fell right into the trap. Say your piece (if even that) and that's it. No need to keep at it because then this is what is going to result. And yes, it gets pointed out when I do it, when FYI or Athens or whoever else does it, so it's going to get pointed out here. Let it go.

• Like 2

What you are having is not a debate, it's a pissing match. You're definitely correct that happens on a regular basis here, and I've certainly been a part of several of those. But the original post by GCL was largely to bait a response and you fell right into the trap. Say your piece (if even that) and that's it. No need to keep at it because then this is what is going to result. And yes, it gets pointed out when I do it, when FYI or Athens or whoever else does it, so it's going to get pointed out here. Let it go.

Ok, I will let it go. I should of said my piece and left it. I will keep that in mind. Where does this topic go from here?

Ok, I will let it go. I should of said my piece and left it. I will keep that in mind. Where does this topic go from here?

let_it_go_by_impala99-d740xws.png

(I'm sorry, I couldn't help it!)

• Like 1

Where does this topic go from here?

Hopefully nowhere. Not every thread has to keep going on. Eleven pages about Lima bidding for an IOC session is already a tad overdone.

Oops. I just made it 12 pages. Sorry!

:P

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 2

Then, You get Olympic Fan Darcy liking Your comment, like he is innocent and neutral, when he has always tried to stir trouble around me the first second I arrived on this

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You really are a kid! Tony go back to home school. If liking a comment hurts you so badly, you shouldn't be on the big bad thing called the internet!

I'm so hurt that you decided to target me in this post, i'm going to report you now :(:(

Hopefully nowhere. Not every thread has to keep going on. Eleven pages about Lima bidding for an IOC session is already a tad overdone.

Oops. I just made it 12 pages. Sorry!

:P

Double Oops! Had to put my two words in ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You really are a kid! Tony go back to home school. If liking a comment hurts you so badly, you shouldn't be on the big bad thing called the internet!

I'm so hurt that you decided to target me in this post, i'm going to report you now :(:(

There You go again. Having to point out something AGAIN. Liking a comment didn't hurt me, it was the principle of the fact that You think Your the neutral innocent person, just like Athensfan does, when in fact, You two are some of the worst on here. You two are the ones that have caused some of the most trouble, trying to stir the trouble around me. In fact, some people who I HAD issues with, I fix relations with, but You two, just can't let things go.

• Like 1

Olympic Fan Darcy you and FYI been the real bullies hear you act you are like victims while really the ones dong the name calling, It childish judging other people lives you stay out of other people's business and have respect for other people.

• Like 2

Can we please get a moderator in here to lock this thread? I can't imagine anyone has anything left to contribute related to the original topic. Shut it down. Shut it down now. No good congress from leaving this topic open

That should say no good *comes* from leaving this topic open. Stupid auto-correct

This hasn't been locked yet so I'm just going to comment.

First person to guess correctly who I really am (before this thread is locked) gets a special prize :D

First person to guess correctly who I really am (before this thread is locked) gets a special prize :D

I'm pretty sure I know, but I'm not telling.

Edited by Sir Rols

I watch the independent news unbiased news every single day where you get your're news from? The BBC government run news channel

Yeah I bet yours is called Russia Today...then again you bring up a nice point about the BBC.

We don't need no damn Queen here in 'Merica

merica.jpg

(JK)

If You say so.

So is Lima Bidding for the IOC Session then?