Lima to Bid to Host 130th IOC Session in 2017

GBModerator

I watch the independent news unbiased news every single day where you get your're news from? The BBC government run news channel

Could you name yours? I'm genuinely interested what news channels would you call "independent and unbiased".

But I think we will see Buenos Aires, a larger and wealthier city, host before Lima. And probably Sao Paulo too.

Isn't Argentina on the brink of bankruptcy?

2022 = Oslo, Norway (Europe).

2024 = Rome, Italy (Europe).

2026 = Denver, United States Of America (North America).

2028 = Durban, South Africa (Africa).

2030 = Krakow, Poland (Europe).

2032 = Berlin, Germany (Europe).

2034 = Beijing, China (Asia).

It's not going to happen, after May Referendum Disaster none of Krakow's politics will even say a word about future bid.

However, Zakopane might try to bid together with indoor venues placed in Silesian cities (Katowice, Gliwice), but no one with a single brain cell will ever back up that plan.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess you haven't atched the news about Argentina today...

Governmental debt and civic wealth are two different things. And to be clear I don't think we will see another South American host for several decades after Rio. I just think Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo are more likely hosts than Lima.

I think Santiago, Chile will Host before Lima, Peru. GCL has these crazy claims that no one listens to.

My point isn't that Lima is likely to host, but rather that there's a big difference between suggesting a national capital city of 10 million people could host and that Tulsa or Perth could host.

Lima is in the same category as Lagos. I can't imagine it hosting right now, but it's possible they could host far in the future.

We're going back to Ch

I think Santiago, Chile will Host before Lima, Peru. GCL has these crazy claims that no one listens to.

Durban has more chance of Hosting the Olympics then Lima has. Durban has proven itself with the 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa and would be the First African Host. Durban also has the infrastructure used for the 2010 Fifa World Cup. Durban is also the favourite to Host the 2022 Commonwealth Games. Also, if Hosting IOC Sessions and Pan American/Parapan American Games helps, why hasn't Buenos Aires, Singapore, Guatemala City, Copenhagen and Guadalajara Hosted the main Olympic Games? Russia and Kazakhstan are not Democracy's. Peru isn't at Olympic Hosting Standards. Lima won't Host the Summer Olympics anytime soon, same goes for Almaty with the Winter Olympics.

We're going back to China, again (and with the same city, also)? And it's not even following the rule of eights. I was really hoping for a Korean Summer Games to happen within my lifespan. :(

14 years without going to Asia (including the Winter Games). Interesting.

I sense a pattern that goes like this: Europe - Europe - Not Europe - Not Europe - Europe - Europe - Not Europe - Not Europe...

In essence, 5 continents have to squish into 4 slots within a 14 year time-frame? I know the IOC is very Euro-centric, but even in the last 14 years, it was more like this:

Europe
North America
Asia
Oceania
North America
Europe
Europe
Asia
North America
Europe
South America
Asia
Asia
At least have some variety, man! :(

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pathsofreturn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/homer1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.pathsofreturn.com/is-homer-simpson-a-great-dad/&h=194&w=259&tbnid=wHL8oCDioj2_DM:&zoom=1&docid=TC76rbYxp3WmxM&ei=maLaU87sDKPK8AGygoC4Cw&tbm=isch&ved=0CE0QMygdMB0

I get this crap from cough "Durban Supporters" Well I know an South African sporting hero who lives in Durban Peter Pollock he says to me that Durban is too small for the Olympics Games and South Africa is going backwoods now economical and socially and many of my mates are from South Africa says that too.

Durban is not even a beta world city only got an tiny airport too no way they will host the Olympics Games Almaty is more of an global city then Durban is, Peru is an democracy so is Kazakhstan and Russia they have open and free elections. Lima is an up and coming sporting hub and if Europe is still weak by 2021 and Los Angeles USA host the 2024 Summer Games then Lima Peru would easy beat Baku Azerbaijan, Durban South Africa and the The Gulf.

I guess you haven't atched the news about Argentina today...

I guess you are talking about the debt. I you had read something more than headlines, you would know it's not because Argentina doesn't have the money or the will to pay... argentina pays all their debts regularly, it's only a group of wall street crooks that want an insane amount of money, and we won't pay them that amount because if we do, the other 99% percent of more reasonable people/entities we owe money to would start to demand that crazy sum too.

Tony

Rome Italy 2024 is never going to happen Italy new Prime Minster is against the bid so forget about it same goes for Oslo Norway and Krakow Poland the public support it is so low you can forget about it the Oslo bid will be dead in an few months too.

Tony

Rome Italy 2024 is never going to happen Italy new Prime Minster is against the bid so forget about it same goes for Oslo Norway and Krakow Poland the public support it is so low you can forget about it the Oslo bid will be dead in an few months too.

OSLO IS THE FAVOURITE!

How is Rome's Bid dead, but Kazakhstan and Peru isn't. You have no clue on any of these subjects GCL.

OSLO IS THE FAVOURITE!

How is Rome's Bid dead, but Kazakhstan and Peru isn't. You have no clue on any of these subjects GCL.

Seen the news out of Italy the Prime Minster is against the bid it;s not going to happen and Oslo Norway will be pulling out soon as well the people in Norway does not want it, GET OUT YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND TONY.

I don't know if I should laugh, cry or pull my hair out because of this thread. What in gods name happened.

Well i know what happened, GCL made a hilarious comment and 99% of people knew not to bother taking it seriously except for Tony....

Ah well it provided some laughs, perhaps we should drop those posts down to 1 a day :);)

Seen the news out of Italy the Prime Minster is against the bid it;s not going to happen and Oslo Norway will be pulling out soon as well the people in Norway does not want it, GET OUT YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND TONY.

Hypocrite. It's unrealistic to think HAHA LOL that Peru and Kazakhstan have a chance. You have no knowledge of the Olympics.

Dumb vs. dumber

I'm not dumb. GCL is the one making unrealistic claims. Don't call me dumb.

Olympic Fan Darcy, my Posts aren't going down to one.

Hypocrite. It's unrealistic to think HAHA LOL that Peru and Kazakhstan have a chance. You have no knowledge of the Olympics.

I'm not dumb. GCL is the one making unrealistic claims. Don't call me dumb.

Olympic Fan Darcy, my Posts aren't going down to one.

Yes I do know lots about the Olympics Games you know nothing about politics which is very important in the bidding progress an bid can not win without government support, No bid in history ever won with out it and the mood in Norway is against the bid so is the Prime Minster of Italy and the Mayor of Paris is against the bid, Kazakhstan and Peru has high chances to host the games in near future.

I;m not dumb at all but I admit I have problems in spelling and grammar due to my dyslexia, I am very well read and good reading skills but when it putting it down into words I struggle, SO LAY OFF ME.

Yes I do know lots about the Olympics Games you know nothing about politics which is very important in the bidding progress an bid can not win without government support, No bid in history ever won with out it and the mood in Norway is against the bid so is the Prime Minster of Italy and the Mayor of Paris is against the bid, Kazakhstan and Peru has high chances to host the games in near future.

I;m not dumb at all but I admit I have problems in spelling and grammar due to my dyslexia, I am very well read and good reading skills but when it putting it down into words I struggle, SO LAY OFF ME.

I do know about Politics. By looks of it, You know nothing about the Olympics, whereas I do. I never said Your dumb. I said Your knowledge of the Olympics is bad.

Archived