Team Canada at Glasgow 2014

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very surprising bronze medal for the 17 yr/old Vincent Reindeau. Mitcham performed awfully.

Newman is tied for 3rd with only 2 vaulters still alive in a truly awful pole vault final. 6 NMs.

...everyone that cleared a height got a medal. WTF?

The Canadian team really came on like gangbusters in the last few days of competition and left it all out there. They beat their totals in Delhi and were super close to their 2002 Manchester gold totals. I was cynical to start but I am HAPPY to admit that I was wrong and I'm so glad I was. :)

The Canadian team really came on like gangbusters in the last few days of competition and left it all out there. They beat their totals in Delhi and were super close to their 2002 Manchester gold totals. I was cynical to start but I am HAPPY to admit that I was wrong and I'm so glad I was. :)

Super close? Well, yeah but a funny way of putting it given that Canada actually exceeded its 2002 gold medal tally (32 v 31)!

Give yourselves a bit more credit, please! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

She is a Russian citizen as well. Have you heard her speak? If she was good enough, she would not be competing for Canada.

Bezzoubenko spends about six months a year training in Russia, where she moved with her parents after spending the first four years of her life in Vancouver. While she holds dual Canadian and Russian citizenship, there was never any doubt who she’d be competing for.

“This is my country. I love Canada, I was born here,” said Bezzoubenko. “I would never compete for Russia.”

Archived