Team Canada at Glasgow 2014

A very surprising bronze medal for the 17 yr/old Vincent Reindeau. Mitcham performed awfully.

Newman is tied for 3rd with only 2 vaulters still alive in a truly awful pole vault final. 6 NMs.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never can understand why rhythmic gymnastics is even in the Commonwealth Games. It would make more sense to have trampoline and tumbling. Canada and Britain are internationally competitive in those

Can NOT believe that the women finished fourth behind Wales in Team Gymnastics They biffed it so badly on bars and completely blew it. That's the first time EVER that they've missed the podium in th

Oh and a 1, 2 in men's rings. So tied Delhi and Melbourne's gold medal total. The women's team should have performed better. With the results from the last 3 years to be beaten by Wales is shocking

A very surprising bronze medal for the 17 yr/old Vincent Reindeau. Mitcham performed awfully.

Newman is tied for 3rd with only 2 vaulters still alive in a truly awful pole vault final. 6 NMs.

...everyone that cleared a height got a medal. WTF?

Definitely say this is better than Manchester's gold medal total because there wasn't individual component weightlifting medals like in 2002 Take those away and its 32 vs 30.

Edited by Faster

The Canadian team really came on like gangbusters in the last few days of competition and left it all out there. They beat their totals in Delhi and were super close to their 2002 Manchester gold totals. I was cynical to start but I am HAPPY to admit that I was wrong and I'm so glad I was. :)

The Canadian team really came on like gangbusters in the last few days of competition and left it all out there. They beat their totals in Delhi and were super close to their 2002 Manchester gold totals. I was cynical to start but I am HAPPY to admit that I was wrong and I'm so glad I was. :)

Super close? Well, yeah but a funny way of putting it given that Canada actually exceeded its 2002 gold medal tally (32 v 31)!

Give yourselves a bit more credit, please! ;)

Edited by Mainad
  • 2 weeks later...

She is a Russian citizen as well. Have you heard her speak? If she was good enough, she would not be competing for Canada.

Bezzoubenko spends about six months a year training in Russia, where she moved with her parents after spending the first four years of her life in Vancouver. While she holds dual Canadian and Russian citizenship, there was never any doubt who she’d be competing for.

“This is my country. I love Canada, I was born here,” said Bezzoubenko. “I would never compete for Russia.”