Team Canada at Glasgow 2014

Well its been a good day so far.

3 Canadian wrestlers are in the gold medal matches, 2 in bronze. Gold in Women's 10m synchro. I do not get the results from the 1m, the dive list for the Canadians was interesting....

Canadians also doing well in the 200m men's and 800m women's.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Tremblay just destroyed the Indian wrestler, who happens to be the bronze medalist from the worlds. Tremblay isn't even at weight (as he was scheduled to be in the 57kg, but was just over weight and was forced to move to the 61kg category).

And it looks at Canada will finish with at least 50 medals today and if all goes well in boxing it could mean 4 additional medals will come in the coming days. First boxing medals since 2006.

The men's 1m really makes me miss Despatie. No one has stepped up to take his place like the ladies have for Heymans.

Clayton losing is rather disappointing but we've still got a couple good chances left for medals there. I'm starting to breathe a lot more now than I was last week when we were really down to Scotland, I thought for sure we would be struggling but I have to hand it to Team Canada, they've really stepped it up the last couple days. I'm still a bit weary of India with all the chances they have in boxing, but I'm hoping we can offset that in athletics, diving and gymnastics. Scotland too, but it's looking not too bad for the weekend.

Man are our gymnastics girls good at absolutely blowing it! Ellie Black had a chance at a medal and needed an average score on floor but she was a full point behind and that allowed for an English sweep of the podium.

That being said there are still lots of great chances tomorrow and the rest of the weekend to close out strong.

Archived