Sign in to follow this  
Sagacious

Day 1 at Glasgow 2014

Gold medals won today: 20

stamp_green.png

Cycling - Track (men's team pursuit and team sprint, women's 500m time trial and Para-sport sprint B tandem)

Gymnastics - (rhythmic team event)

Judo - (men's -60kg and -66kg, women's -48kg, -52kg and -57kg)

Swimming - (men's 400m free, 200m breast and Para-sport 100m S9 free, women's 200m free, 400m medley and 4x100m free relay)

Triathlon - (men's and women's races)

Weightlifting - (women's 48kg, men's 56kg).

Full Schedule : http://results.glasgow2014.com/dailyschedule.html?day=20140724

England, ie team GB first on the board!

Crowds look fantastic for day one sports I seeing on tv venues look full or close to full

The medals look very cheap.

This is the Scots we are talking about. Only Jews and Indians have a better reputation at being penny-pinchers.

• Like 1

This is the Scots we are talking about. Only Jews and Indians have a better reputation at being penny-pinchers.

And the podiums are literally pieces of fucking wood placed on top of each other.

• Like 1

Well its a podium. What do u want gold encrusted led lights and glitter? Glasgow is going for athlete experience and competition rather than lavish fittings and excessive props.

• Like 1

What are those cup, or urn, or ashtray things they're giving out at the ceremonies in lieu of the flower bouquet?

India ran away with opening day honours in the weightlifting competition of the 20th Commonwealth Games with Sukhen Dey and K. Sanjita Chanu winning the gold medal in their respective events on Thursday.

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/cwg-2014-indian-weighlifters-sukhen-dey-sanjita-chanu-clinch-gold-medals/article6246715.ece?homepage=true

Good start for India

Medal tally - Day1

fjFVsVK.png

Here is the updated table(not sure why the official website is still showing wrong tally !!)

ujJBCow.png

^

Thanks.

No worries :)

I found a few discrepancies between the various tallies that were online when I got up myself.

But I think the Aussies and Canucks prefer the most up to date ;)

Edited by Tunku Rols

For those who discredit the commonwealth games and its relevance as a major sporting event. Thay photo right there puts it all into perspective and what it means.