Sign in to follow this  
ofan

GamesBids 2014 Commonwealth Games Sweepstakes- Official Draw

OK, ladies and gentleman, this is it. Welcome to Glasgow for the 2014 Commonwealth Games. For those of you looking for a team to cheer for because you're not from the Commonwealth, or just want some other athletes to cheer on while you root for your home team, this is the place to be. We have 18 entrants in this draw, and will be selecting from the top 18 teams on the (gold) medal table at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India. Let's get started....

The nations and members have been placed in separate bowls, and the draw is about to begin. In honour of the next Commonwealth Games being in the Gold Coast, Australia's two greatest musical talents of all time have joined us to conduct the draw:

cody-simpson-face-closeup.jpgarticle-2610949-1D45C42700000578-114_634

Thanks guys. Now go off and continue to make shitty music....

And now, here are the official results of the draw:

Sagacious- Cyprus

ofan97- Nigeria

Olympic Fan Darcy- South Africa

Citius Altius Fortius- Kenya

thatsnotmypuppy- Wales

LDOG- India

illustrado- Northern Ireland

mr.bernham- Canada

Tony E Loves Architecture- Scotland

JMarkSnow2012- New Zealand

intoronto- Singapore

woohooitsme83- Pakistan

olympian- Jamaica

gotosy- England

Sir Rols- Malaysia

markun- Samoa

Rob- Australia

Alexjc- Uganda

Rob end's up with the big one. Also, I'm not sure how TonyE's result will be received...

Anyways, there you have it. Enjoy the Games, and cheering on you're nation(s)!

• Like 2

Go Malaysia!

In honour of the next Commonwealth Games being in the Gold Coast, Australia's two greatest musical talents of all time have joined us to conduct the draw:

cody-simpson-face-closeup.jpgarticle-2610949-1D45C42700000578-114_634

Wouldn't have a clue who those two are. I think one's some white trash rapper. But not sure which.

Rob end's up with the big one.

Maaaaate! Cobber! Bonzer ta see ya on the team!

• Like 2

It seems that I have another Islamic nation :huh:

I don't have anything against that, but you know what they say:

Once is chance, Twice is coincidence, Third is a pattern

I wonder if I will get an Islamic nation next time...

(or maybe all of this is rigged! :P)

• Like 1

why wasn't i included!? this is totally bias against sweep winners. i posted in the last thread.

i demand a redo!

why wasn't i included!? this is totally bias against sweep winners. i posted in the last thread.

i demand a redo!

"i just want to go on record as REJECTING this sweep as it does not meet my quality standards. sweeps need to be engineered in such as a way whereas i can easily win, and therefore i am withholding my coveted endorsement. i encourage all my loyal fans and followers, and those in awe of my world-class sweep-winning talents, to boycott until appropriate changes are made.

perhaps i will even launch a competitive sweep, resurrecting my patented, wildy-popular point scoring system, KROINTS®."

that post is taken completely out of context.

i don't see a single instance where i myself explicitly say i am boycotting the sweep, although i may have made a casual, offhand suggestion to others if it suited their purposes. you intentionally excluded me, although you knew i wanted to join, because you have thin skin and couldn't handle your just deserts with a side of home truths.

that post is taken completely out of context.

i don't see a single instance where i myself explicitly say i am boycotting the sweep, although i may have made a casual, offhand suggestion to others if it suited their purposes. you intentionally excluded me, although you knew i wanted to join, because you have thin skin and couldn't handle your just deserts with a side of home truths.

ok...... you can take the bahamas if you'd like.

:huh: I didn't know I was in the draw?

Kinsasha...host city 2026! :lol:

Edited by Alexjc#TeamKey

Rob end's up with the big one.

Maaaaate! Cobber! Bonzer ta see ya on the team!

Crikey, Rob will be bloody-well made up with that! Next time I see him I'll crack open a crate of Fosters and congratulate the lucky bloke on his win - because there's no way we're getting beat in Glasgow. Fair dinkum to the Pommie Bastard I say.

Tooraloo!

• Like 2

Phew, first time I can ditch the Tuku and fancy dress and go back to civilian garb since Eurovision, way back in April.

I would've cheered for Malaysia more (at all), but Channel 10 here never showed Malaysia doing anything to cheer about.

Not sure if this worked as well for a games, though it may be worth trying in Rio. Generally, though, I think the sweeps work best for the tournaments like the WCs for football and Rugby.

And congrats to Gotosy/England. I'd watch my back for Krow now, though.

And thanks to Ofan for organising it.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1