Unique Logo Competition for the 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics Bidding.

Just a few more Hours. Get Your Logo's in within the next few Hours. At 23:59 GMT, could one of the Premium Members start a poll please, so we can have a Voting Process to determine which Logo's make it through to the Candidate Bid Stage. Thank You.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could one of the Premium Members start a new topic with a poll Please? Maybe Rols or CAF?

Option A = Tulsa 2024 Logo.

Option B = Toronto 2024 Logo.

Option C = Los Angeles 2024 Logo.

Option D = Budapest 2024 Logo.

Option E = Antartica 2024 Logo.

All GamesBids Forums Members with a regular Posting record, can Vote. The 3 Logo's with the Most Votes qualify for the Candidate Stage. If 2 or More Logo's are tied, I will get the deciding Vote. I will participate in the Voting. If anyone has an issue with any of the Logo's, PM Me and I will judge on it.

The 3 Logo's which qualify for the Candidate Stage can re-submit their Logo with the Olympic Rings and Candidate City Writing.

I'm about to hit the sack for the night, Tony.

It'd help if you posted up all the entries together so they can be properly compared.

If you do that, and no-one else posts one, I suppose I could get round do posting a poll up tomorrow. But I'd be really happy and prefer if someone else does it. Eternalcobi's always keen to volunteer, why don't you ask him if no-one else offers?

What do you think a colorful logo and the slogan together suggest?

Some comments mentioned how a cement/industrial city (which is kinda true) wouldn't exactly be a good place for an Olympic Games. But with projects such as the river revitalization, metro expansion, historic core redevelopment, etc, it shows that, as LA may still be industrial and "concrete", changes are still happening. Changes that are turning gray to green (LA River), shrinking carbon footprint (Metro expansion/modernization), and creating/enforcing new/old culture/art. I guess I was trying to emphasis the literal form of the 'cement' thing by emphasizing on downtown. I suppose adding beaches could've represented the "green" aspect. (And sports is an obvious one) It just never crossed my mind, plus it was kinda too late to add it when I realized it. Emphasis on Legacy I suppose :unsure: but meh. It's only the applicant logo (even though it says candidate on the logo [an obvious mess up]). I colored the 2024 like that on purpose, to make it blend in. I don't know why (something related to one of the changes mentioned above, maybe?)...

Is there some rule that the year has to be distinctly visible?

Hey, if you think it's good, stick with it.

IMO a slogan needs to have positive marketing value that crystallizes the brand. Olympic Games aren't about concrete. Period. Not even close. That's why this wouldn't ever get out of the starting gate in real life.

As for the visibility of the year, no there's no "rule," but good graphic design is clear. Why have the year at all if you're going to make it totally illegible? Any Olympics is identified by the year. The brand is largely forward looking so the year becomes an exciting target. Minimizing the year so dramatically would leave people saying "when are those Olympics happening?" Most people don't even have the years for Rio, PC and Tokyo straight, so it is important.

Basically a logo and slogan are about defining a brand and achieving marketing objectives. I don't see how yours do that.

I will say the color and shapes are nice. It's the substance that's lacking.

cannot extend dateline?mine is about to finish..just a little touch up

Ok. When will You submit it? I don't mind extending it, as long as You can give a Time Frame?

cannot extend dateline?mine is about to finish..just a little touch up

Deadline will be extended until tomorrow at 23:59 GMT.

On Wednesday, I will contact Rols and Rols could You start a poll the next time You log in after Tuesday 05th August 2014 at 23:59 GMT. Thanks.

Archived