The Sepp Blatter Trophy 2014

yoshi

So I was idly looking through some stuff from World Cup 2010 & found the Sepp Blatter Plate thread, where we could nominate the most awful/ridiculous/incompetent/just plain nuts aspect of the World Cup. Nominations are open now, & then when we have enough, maybe a poll can be set up to determine the winner. It's a lazy choice I guess, but I just have to nominate the FIFA president himself, just in case nobody else picks him :P "We shall wonder if one day our game is played on another planet? Why not? Then we will have not only a World Cup we will have inter-planetary competitions." That alone is enough reason to nominate him, but who or what else should be in the running?

the Sepp Blatter Plate thread, where we could nominate the most awful/ridiculous/incompetent/just plain nuts aspect of the World Cup.

have to nominate the host nations team and the historic Germany vs. Brazil semi final.

brawc1006_840_576_100.JPG

Brazil-Vs-Germany.jpg

fans-react-brazil-germany-world-cup-semi

brazil-v-germany-semi-final-2014-fifa-wo

tumblr_n8ew1cWk4z1tga27vo1_1280.jpg

451385374-brazils-defender-david-luiz-cr

-not from the game but his crying was epic, his tears and flops almost deserve their own nomination, excluding the legitimate back injury.

A-crying-Neymar-is-comfor-011.jpg

have to nominate the host nations team and the historic Germany vs. Brazil semi final.

brawc1006_840_576_100.JPG

Brazil-Vs-Germany.jpg

brazil-v-germany-semi-final-2014-fifa-wo

tumblr_n8ew1cWk4z1tga27vo1_1280.jpg

451385374-brazils-defender-david-luiz-cr

-not from the game but his crying was epic, his tears and flops almost deserve their own nomination, excluding the legitimate back injury.

A-crying-Neymar-is-comfor-011.jpg

No picture from Germany players? German supporters celebrating? Was Brazil playing alone?

I nominate the referees for their wrong decisions, especially the blindness towards many rough fouls, Sepp Blatter's escapist praise for the referees and that ridiculous "free kick spray".

And if I may make another nomination:

FIFA in general for the ridiculous and outrageous things they decided or did also before and during this World Cup: For example, selling beer at stadia in a country where selling alcohol in stadia is actually prohibited; censoring the HBS footage in terms of protests (--> the indigenous boy at the opening ceremony) and streakers, trying to convey a squeaky clean image of the World Cup, although it's one of the dirtiest and most rotten organisations itself.

Oh, and I also nominate also all uncritical media (especially here in Germany) who ignored the social problems in Brazil and the problems within FIFA during most, if not all of their reporting and broadcasting during the World Cup.

Oh, and I also nominate also all uncritical media (especially here in Germany) who ignored the social problems in Brazil.

Thankfully, they ignored it. It got more than enough attention from German press before the World Cup...

And Brazil is not made only of social problems.

atsushi-e-miyo.jpg

^^

What the hell is this Palete?

Most of Japanese think these are pins of bowling :lol: . I don't want to be seated behind them 'cause their heads would surely block my views.Blue is our team color and I guess the lines on their chests got hints from rising sun flag of Imperial army.

Most of Japanese think these are pins of bowling :lol: . I don't want to be seated behind them 'cause their heads would surely block my views.Blue is our team color and I guess the lines on their chests got hints from rising sun flag of Imperial army.

I must confess I love those Japanese costumes

Thankfully, they ignored it. It got more than enough attention from German press before the World Cup...

And Brazil is not made only of social problems.

I never alluded that, and you know that. And I didn't say that the German media should report on the social problems constantly - but it wouldn't have hurt if there had been a critical report especially by German World Cup broadcasters ARD or ZDF once in a while instead of presenting the whole World Cup as one whole football party where worldly problems don't seem to count much

I never alluded that, and you know that. And I didn't say that the German media should report on the social problems constantly - but it wouldn't have hurt if there had been a critical report especially by German World Cup broadcasters ARD or ZDF once in a while instead of presenting the whole World Cup as one whole football party where worldly problems don't seem to count much

That's what documentaries are for :P

Archived