Glasgow 2014 Sweepstakes

Who's interested? I don't expect there to be 71 members but we could at least do the 36 countries that medaled in 2010. Plus this is a good way for the Americans to get involved in the Commies. Comment here it you would like to join.

I'll be in.

Maybe you should drop all the minnows from the sweep. Does anyone want to be stuck with Cook Islands or Swaziland?

Yeah, I'm thinking top 25-30 on the medal table from Delhi.

How could it work? Going by regular records, Australia always tops all the medal tables, G S and B...

Although more work, what about individual premium sports like Track, Sevens, Hockey...et al?

Swimming could pretty much have it's own sweepstakes.

How could it work? Going by regular records, Australia always tops all the medal tables, G S and B...

Although more work, what about individual premium sports like Track, Sevens, Hockey...et al?

Swimming could pretty much have it's own sweepstakes.

Ya, I think we'll drop Australia if that's ok with everyone.

What about a selection of Premium Events that Australia isn't so dominant?...as messy as it sounds.

- Sevens

- Netball

- Athletics

- Hockey

- Cycling, Road/Track

It's difficult because Australia is still highly ranked.

Prehaps drop the Swimming/Diving programme from the S/takes? (this is where they clean up)...

Ok. All events except for swimming and diving will be counted, if everyone agrees

Actually, nevermind, we can't really do that. I think it's best if we just drop the Aussies.

Fair enough...Its difficult to do a S/takes for a multisport event.

At least let the GB Aus members dibs on better teams.

Does it really matter? It's not a game as much as giving people a second team to support - in which case, isn't Oz the same as the US at the Olys? The team everyone wants to cheer against? It'd be good to lumber one of you lesser mortals with us! :ph34r:

Actually, if you look upon it as a second team thing, why not go the other way and give us all the countries from bottom of the table from Delhi? Give the Santa Lucians, Guyanans and Manxmen someone here to cheer for them.

Does it really matter? It's not a game as much as giving people a second team to support - in which case, isn't Oz the same as the US at the Olys? The team everyone wants to cheer against? It'd be good to lumber one of you lesser mortals with us! :ph34r:

Actually, if you look upon it as a second team thing, why not go the other way and give us all the countries from bottom of the table from Delhi? Give the Santa Lucians, Guyanans and Manxmen someone here to cheer for them.

That's a good point. I guess it isn't really about winning all the medals unless you're Krow. Besides, Australia barely wins any medals outside of swimming and diving anyways, so they're level with everyone else in the other sports essentially.

I like the idea of the minnows, but I think it's best if we leave it with the top nations. It's not quite as fun to cheer for the nations with 4 or 5 athletes.

so why don't you just give me australia? then, i'll win -- which i'm wont to do anyway -- and the rest of you can fight over the scraps, as usual.

NOTE: IF I CANNOT HAVE AUSTRALIA I DO NOT WANT TO BE IN THIS SWEEP AS I AM SEMI-RETIRED FROM WINNING SWEEPS AS IT IS EXHAUSTING WORK WINNING THEM AND I JUST FINISHED WINNING ONE. I AM KEEPING MY SWEEP STREAK UNTIL I DECIDE TO SCHOOL YOU ALL AGAIN AND WIN ANOTHER ONE.

so why don't you just give me australia? then, i'll win -- which i'm wont to do anyway -- and the rest of you can fight over the scraps, as usual.

NOTE: IF I CANNOT HAVE AUSTRALIA I DO NOT WANT TO BE IN THIS SWEEP AS I AM SEMI-RETIRED FROM WINNING SWEEPS AS IT IS EXHAUSTING WORK WINNING THEM AND I JUST FINISHED WINNING ONE. I AM KEEPING MY SWEEP STREAK UNTIL I DECIDE TO SCHOOL YOU ALL AGAIN AND WIN ANOTHER ONE.

You'll get what you get.

i just want to go on record as REJECTING this sweep as it does not meet my quality standards. sweeps need to be engineered in such as a way whereas i can easily win, and therefore i am withholding my coveted endorsement. i encourage all my loyal fans and followers, and those in awe of my world-class sweep-winning talents, to boycott until appropriate changes are made.

perhaps i will even launch a competitive sweep, resurrecting my patented, wildy-popular point scoring system, KROINTS®.

Archived