The 4th star for Germany

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slowly coming back down to Earth. Phoned all the family and friends (my sister Ingrid says hello to you and congratulations Mart). Now time to celebrate with my GamesBids mates. Congratulations to CAF, Faster, Olympian2004, StefanMUC, Daze, and any others I might have forgotten!

Ah, this is when sports gets sweet.

Thank you Rols! The bad thing is a have to work in 4 hours and haven´t slept yet. :lol:

Decision is between going to bed now or stay awake and go directly to work.

Speaking of work...I have two Argentinians in my department...not sure how they'll cope with this :S

Congratulations to Germany! Without doubt, the best team won!

4 times winners now and the first one as a united country. It must be something special!

Argentina made it a great final and Brazil made the whole thing a great experience. Congratulations and kudos to all 3 countries! :D

Thank you Rols! The bad thing is a have to work in 4 hours and haven´t slept yet. :lol:

Decision is between going to bed now or stay awake and go directly to work.

Surely they'll make allowances? You can't possibly be the only one!! ;)

Thank you very much, Roland! It feels amazing and also unreal. There were moments in this highly exciting and nerve-wrecking final that I lost hope and thought that for a fifth time in a row, Germany would be denied the title after getting so close already. Therefore it's incredible to finally see one's own team with the trophy, after all those years seeing other teams celebrating. I was still in first grade and of course living with my parents when Germany became World Champion for the last time in 1990, now I'm past the 30 and in my second job and living in my fourth city. It's practically the same with Germany's last title, the European Championship in 1996, only that I was already 13 there. This should give you a feeling how much time has past and how much I personally longed for such a moment. Now that it is finally there, it feels surprisingly unreal and like "Is that really our trophy now?". I guess that's what you get after so many missed opportunities in the past. :D

In any case, what a wonderful result and it's so very well-deserved for our great team. I'm so very happy that the golden generation of the likes of Lahm, Podolski, Schweinsteiger up to now the new golden generation with Götze, Özil, Kroos etc. got their title. I hope I can fully grasp this success soon. ;)

Archived