• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's intervene in CBF first, uproot all that crap an then think about renewal.

That just sounds mentally unbalanced. Nationalistic fervor run off the rails.

As I said Danny, that's the price of hosting. Brazil is not being singled out or is an exception. With Sochi, nothing personal really heated up here, because we don't have many Russians, but over at

14 gols suffered in 7 matches... Worse participation of Brazil ever in an World Cup.

The worst squad we ever had.

Fourth place is far from the worst cup of Brazil. We stayed in 11th place in 1966 when we were defending the title. And the Seleção of 1990 is still the worst in our history in my opinion.

Fourth place is far from the worst cup of Brazil. We stayed in 11th place in 1966 when we were defending the title. And the Seleção of 1990 is still the worst in our history in my opinion.

I don't mean about positions. But about football played.

I remember 1990s team. We could have won that match against Argentina if they didn't play dirty. Brazil even had lots of chances to score...

I didn't see 1966 team, but it had Pele and other stars. Who are the stars of 2014 team? Neymar only.

Not only about positions, what football this team played in the 7 matches.

:(

They're probably not that bad as players as the last few results suggest (after all, they were more or less the same team that won the Confed Cup last year, no?).

But they were certainly not able to cope with the immense pressure on them to get that 6th title on home soil.

Maybe the whole country should also think about that and get away from using football as a substitute religion. Brazil is not the only culprit in this respect, there's other countries too, but I had the impression that this was all too extreme and emotional.

• Like 1

They're probably not that bad as players as the last few results suggest (after all, they were more or less the same team that won the Confed Cup last year, no?).

In those days we beated teams that failed in this World Cup (Uruguay, Italy, Spain, Japan)... It was only ilusion...

But they were certainly not able to cope with the immense pressure on them to get that 6th title on home soil.

That's fair but can not be an excuse for so bad attitude in some matches.

Maybe the whole country should also think about that and get away from using football as a substitute religion. Brazil is not the only culprit in this respect

Useless comment.
  • Like 1

I don't mean about positions. But about football played.

I remember 1990s team. We could have won that match against Argentina if they didn't play dirty. Brazil even had lots of chances to score...

I didn't see 1966 team, but it had Pele and other stars. Who are the stars of 2014 team? Neymar only.

Not only about positions, what football this team played in the 7 matches.

:(

At least we have Neymar. The 1990s team had who? Careca? The only game they played well was that they lost. This team is young and with a good coach they can do something better in 2018. Scolari is the responsible for what happened.

At least we have Neymar. The 1990s team had who? Careca? The only game they played well was that they lost. This team is young and with a good coach they can do something better in 2018. Scolari is the responsible for what happened.

Well, I must admit, I'm still angry, sad and destroyed. The time will pass and soon things will be clear.

I just hope Brazil can win Copa America next year and start some kind of rebranding of everything about football.

Now, we have nice stadiums, many cities got nice training venues, CBF have a nice training venue. Let's use it to improve our football.

• Like 1

Both Scolari, the media and the people torturing their players psychologicaly every World Cup are to blame. Its a football game for god sake. I know the dissapointment but there are worse things in this world, and brazilians need to understand that.

They did horrible on this WC but I kinda feel bad when they're always treated like **** whenever they fail even if they did their best. Its no different of the pressure the Italians had in 1934 and 1938 when they pretty much got death threats by Mussolini himself.

Both Scolari, the media and the people torturing their players psychologicaly every World Cup are to blame. Its a football game for god sake. I know the dissapointment but there are worse things in this world, and brazilians need to understand that.

They did horrible on this WC but I kinda feel bad when they're always treated like **** whenever they fail even if they did their best. Its no different of the pressure the Italians had in 1934 and 1938 when they pretty much got death threats by Mussolini himself.

What else?

Can't wait for the Olympics!

More and more analysis about Brazilians from members here. Brazilians should do this, Brazilians should do that. Brazilians are this, Brazilians are that.....

Football is our national sport. We STILL will be a happy-go-lucky people tomorrow. So stop pretending you know better. We're just disappointed that a nice tradition may be fading as our football is obviously dated. I'm writing this in a party, for f**k sake! It's a temporary deppression.

• Like 1

Well, I'm a bit speechless yet again this week about the Brazilian team. Even if I knew it would be difficult for them to play this match only a few days after one of their worst defeats, I sure was hoping that they had recovered at least enough to be a stronger opposition against the Netherlands and at least lose only narrowly.

But on the other hand, I guess the psychological blow of Tuesday was simply too strong - combined with the still lingering pressure that they play a World Cup in front of a home audience.

The seleção now really needs a vacation, a place to release all that pressure and to try to start anew, also mentally. And, of course, it needs a new coach - and with him, new tactics. However, I'm convinced that we will see a lot more positive things by this team in the not-so-far future. In the end, it's still Brazil, the football stronghold.

More and more analysis about Brazilians from members here. Brazilians should do this, Brazilians should do that. Brazilians are this, Brazilians are that.....

Well, Danny, that's actually what a forum is about. I know that you're fed up with the whole situation, but we also as non-Brazilians are looking for explanations and solutions. That's only a natural human reaction.

• Like 2

I know you're frustrated because of the failure of the national team (I would too feel horrible) but would you mind being less abrasive with your comments. No offense.

• Like 1

Danny, you are upset, emotional and defensive. Even before the World Cup went pear-shaped for Brazil you walked around these boards with a chip on your shoulder daring people to knock it off. Honestly, there is no anti-Brazil conspiracy. It is all in your overly emotional, hyper-nationalistic little heart.

Sigh.

It's the price of being in the spotlight, Danny. It's just tough and a bit nerve wracking to be an upcoming host.

It's a tragedy the tournament's ended so very bitter-sweet and mournfully for Brazil, when for the rest of the world it's just done so well in setting a fabulous passionate backdrop for what's gonna feature in most lists of the future of classic and "best" World Cups. Hopefully, probably a long way down the track when the personal emotional wound has healed, you'll be able to take consolation and pride in that.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1

I know you're frustrated because of the failure of the national team (I would too feel horrible) but would you mind being less abrasive with your comments. No offense.

Ok, Ikarus, you are right. So, continue you theories on how make Brazilian people better or how to improve Brazilian nation by ignoring football from now on. I'll be reading. #not

you walked around these boards with a chip on your shoulder daring people to knock it off. Honestly, there is no anti-Brazil conspiracy. It is all in your overly emotional, hyper-nationalistic little heart.

One day I will understand why you are so interested on analysing my behaviour in every single post.... You can make a remarks about anything related to Brazil without talking about me. It seems I own the country.

C'mon...

• Like 1

It's a tragedy the tournament's ended so very bitter-sweet and mournfully for Brazil, when for the rest of the world it's just done so well in setting a fabulous passionate backdrop for what's gonna feature in most lists of the future of classic and "best" World Cups. Hopefully, probably a long way down the track when the personal emotional wound has healed, you'll be able to take consolation and pride in that.

Yes, the tournament ened mournfully for Brazil, but that's sports. I do understand that. I'm not defending the team. They played bad, they were defeated. You guys can spend tons of pages analysing what could have done to improve football, tactics, to play better...

What annoys me is the kind of judgements like "Brazilians should get over football". C'mon, it's part of culture, even part of our language. We can not simply ignore football from now on just because somebody in Venezuela says it so.

Not to mention to judge people who is sad because dreams were no fulfilled. So, we get a huge defeat in the sport we love and we must be happy and jumping around?

I'm still pride of Brazilian football, of the footballing nation we are. And I don't think people who is abroad should give us advice to "improve" the nation... That's ridiculous, Rols.

And I'm very proud about the tournament. In the end, we hosted a nice World Cup against all odds of fiasco in organization, tourists murdered all over and anacondas eating British people in Manaus.

Anyway, taking a break. There is no argument against bad will.

And suddenly my life became more important to the thread than the World Cup.

Time to fade out! See you guys next week for Rio 2016 preparations battle!

Cut to the graphics...

Ooooooh Eehhhhhh Ahhhhhh

Drum drum drum drum dum

Edited by DannyelBrazil

And I don't think people who is abroad should give us advice to "improve" the nation... That's ridiculous, Rols.

As I said Danny, that's the price of hosting.

Brazil is not being singled out or is an exception.

With Sochi, nothing personal really heated up here, because we don't have many Russians, but over at SSC the Russkis were getting ballistic and threatening to set off the Soviet missile arsenal over what they saw as biased attacks on their gay laws and the ongoing criticism of their profligate spending, and making everything political etc etc.

In the lead-up and during London, we had members like Davey and Lee walking away from the board over what they saw as constant carping attacks and vendettas against London's games.

During Vancouver we had Canadians spitting blood at the international criticisms of how their games were being run, and they had no snow, and the protests leading up to the games, etc etc.

During Beijing, we had what is heavily suspected to be the Chinese Government planting a member or two here to counter the "shrill and racist baying to humiliate China and criticise everything and make everything political", etc etc.

For Athens, we had the Greeks getting worked up to the point where they were claiming an "anti-Greek" conspiracy at work here. Etc etc.

I'm so glad there was no GamesBids in the lead-up to Sydney.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 2