The Final

Faster

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had our chances, poor finishing by our forwards have been a major concern for us in this tournament:(

that's true

But he will be named best of the world again in december. comes okay.

**** yeah!

He is getting the award because he is the best player in the world unlike highly overrated Neymar.

We had our chances, poor finishing by our forwards have been a major concern for us in this tournament:(

No doubts, Argentine played very nice against a great opponent. Argies also played fair and without violence (which is weird after so many violent Argentine teams in the past - now Brazilians are sadly the violents).

More arguing?

Anyway, the 3 Best Teams of the Tournament were Germany, Holland and Argentina. Germany were the Best. James Rodriguez and Lionel Messi deserved their awards. Good Tournament in the end, if England got knocked out, I wanted Holland to Win, if Holland got knocked out, I wanted Germany to Win. Germany well deserved victory. Excellent squad. Excellent attitude. Congratulations to Costa Rica and Colombia on Your surprise successes.

What I found funny about this new Maracanazo is that the argentines acted as if they had lost to Brazil. Unlike uruguayans, chileans and colombians who came to support their teams, the argentines came to provoke the brazilians. And the newspapers from there acted the same way, not to mention the narrators ("comieram de siete"). Although we received them nicely in our country (Rio's mayor even provided the sambadrome as campground as they couldn't afford a hotel), at every game they chanted a song about us. A song that reminded their "only" victory over us, in a world cup they lost the final to Germany. Look what happened. In the end it was us who enjoyed. Goodbye neighbors and try to forget us a little bit, at least until 2016.

What I found funny about this new Maracanazo is that the argentines acted as if they had lost to Brazil. Unlike uruguayans, chileans and colombians who came to support their teams, the argentines came to provoke the brazilians. And the newspapers from there acted the same way, not to mention the narrators ("comieram de siete"). Although we received them nicely in our country (Rio's mayor even provided the sambadrome as campground as they couldn't afford a hotel), at every game they chanted a song about us. A song that reminded their "only" victory over us, in a world cup they lost the final to Germany. Look what happened. In the end it was us who enjoyed. Goodbye neighbors and try to forget us a little bit, at least until 2016.

Amen!

He is getting the award because he is the best player in the world unlike highly overrated Neymar.

You are the first who bring Neymar to this conversation...

Survey says most foreign approved the organization of the World Cup.

Survey conducted by FGV and the Fipe says that for 83% of the visitors, the country has met the expectation.

Research states that people from 203 countries visited Brazil in the World Cup.

Survey released on Monday (14) by the Ministry of Tourism says that 83% of foreigners who visited Brazil during the World Cup assessed that the country has met "fully or exceeded expectations" in relation to the event - 61% of visitors came to Brazil first. According to the survey at the Getulio Vargas Foundation and the Economic Research Institute (Fipe), 95% of the foreigners said they plan to return.

Yeah, poor brazilians... surely if we ugly argentines hadn't sing that song, their fans would have supported our team, not sing "pentacampeao" each three minutes, not shout "ole" each time our opponents did more than 3 passes in a row, etc. yeah, SURELY :rolleyes:.... come facking on, you know very well that brazilians would have not supported at the very least the Argentina team even if there had been 0 argentines at the stadiums. You can't possibly compare with colombians, chileans, uruguayan (and you even booed and ole'd the poor charrúas in their match against Colombia...). It's clearly a two-sided rivalry, don't try to make it seem like "brazilians were all friendly towards the argentine team until those nasty argentineans started singing that provocative song" that's bullshit.

And yes, a "Maracanazo", losing a match we were not even favorites to win surely will mean an eternal shame for us... today our players were received with great joy and like heroes at the airport, one would even think we won. I really don't see Romero ending his life like that poor man Moacir Barbosa in the future...

Whatever, continue to live in you Globo created world were argentineans are all violent, dirty, miserable people.

Yeah, poor brazilians... surely if we ugly argentines hadn't sing that song, their fans would have supported our team, not sing "pentacampeao" each three minutes, not shout "ole" each time our opponents did more than 3 passes in a row, etc. yeah, SURELY :rolleyes:.... come facking on, you know very well that brazilians would have not supported at the very least the Argentina team even if there had been 0 argentines at the stadiums. You can't possibly compare with colombians, chileans, uruguayan (and you even booed and ole'd the poor charrúas in their match against Colombia...). It's clearly a two-sided rivalry, don't try to make it seem like "brazilians were all friendly towards the argentine team until those nasty argentineans started singing that provocative song" that's bullshit.

And yes, a "Maracanazo", losing a match we were not even favorites to win surely will mean an eternal shame for us... today our players were received with great joy and like heroes at the airport, one would even think we won. I really don't see Romero ending his life like that poor man Moacir Barbosa in the future...

LDOG, take it easy. The rivalry between Brazilians and Argentines dates back to 1800s wars.

Never said Brazilians didn't provoked, despite the fact, you guys still have dozens more chantings against Brazil than us against Argentina.

Move on, buddy. If you are proud about your team, that's okay!

And last question: Did you never got a smile in your face with a Brazilian defeat in sports? Never?????????????????????

Whatever, continue to live in you Globo created world were argentineans are all violent, dirty, miserable people.

I've been to Argentina twice. I don't need Globo to tell me things. And you are not the first Argentine I met. I have Argentine friends (two actually), they mocked a lot on my facebook timeline when Brazil was defeated. A LOT!

BTW, I worked with them in 2005 circa.

I watched with one of them Brazil-Argentina in 2005. It was 3-1 for you guys. It was a nightmare night. That day I discovered you guys had a lot of chantings mocking us.

Then, few weeks later we payed back him with Brazil 4-1 in Confederations Cup... He made a huge "Argentine place" in his workstation with pictures of Maradona, jersey of Argentina and whatever... We made him store everything in a box written "losers". He even laughed. And he bet he would wear a Brazilian jersey if Brazil had won that match... Poor guy...

That's life. One day you win, other you lose.

You told me "La Tenés Adentro", well, now it's your time to have it...

Adelante, hermano. Tranquilo, tranquilo as you say.

Well, this might surprise you but when Brazil plays nations like Germany, Spain, England, France (the powers of the world inside and outside football), I usually want Brazil to win. Only when Arg plays Brazil, then yes, I want to win like crazy and then I mock brazilians, etc.

I wanted Brazil to beat Germany for example. I just started with the jokes of "DannyelBra7il" and stuff only as answer to your "Pele has more cups than Argentina" jokes, nothing more, I don't masturbate to Brazil losses or something. Maybe when I was younger I would have supported Germany, but today I'm turning 26, time to mature a bit and stop giving a damn about what the neighbour does or does not.

Nevertheless, I have to admit that many argentines indeed like to see Brazil losing always as you say. Maybe I'm a weird type of argentinean. I guess it would be different if I were an argentine living in Brazil like your friend, I don't know.

Cheers.

Well, this might surprise you but when Brazil plays nations like Germany, Spain, England, France (the powers of the world inside and outside football), I usually want Brazil to win. Only when Arg plays Brazil, then yes, I want to win like crazy and then I mock brazilians, etc.

I wanted Brazil to beat Germany for example. I just started with the jokes of "DannyelBra7il" and stuff only as answer to your "Pele has more cups than Argentina" jokes, nothing more, I don't masturbate to Brazil losses or something. Maybe when I was younger I would have supported Germany, but today I'm turning 26, time to mature a bit and stop giving a damn about what the neighbour does or does not.

Nevertheless, I have to admit that many argentines indeed like to see Brazil losing always as you say. Maybe I'm a weird type of argentinean. I guess it would be different if I were an argentine living in Brazil like your friend, I don't know.

Cheers.

LDOG, I know many Brazilians who were supporting Argentina sunday. One colleague at my job got really pissed off Argentina lost and since he was rooting against Brazil since the beggining of the World Cup (yes, there were Brazilians rooting against Brazil too), he was mocked a lot yesterday. He got truly nervous and left the room without talking with us.

You have all the right to not like this kind of (sometimes stupid) rivalry. But you can not claim all Argentines does not do that as much I never claimed Brazilians didn't mock Argentines <--- I never say that, indeed, because I'm one Brazilian mocking Argentina.

As I told you, before we got more Internet we, Brazilians, didn't even know you guys had chantings against Brazil since the 80s. Actually a TV programme called Panico who made it known for the masses.

And since "Brasileño, diceme como se siente" became a hit among Argentines, of course, Brazilians wanted to pay back with "Mil gols, Maradona drug addicted".

This will never end, LDOG...

Well, I understand you don't want to joke, you don't like it, so from now on, I'm not joking with you anymore.

Wishing you the best always.

Survey says most foreign approved the organization of the World Cup.

Survey conducted by FGV and the Fipe says that for 83% of the visitors, the country has met the expectation.

Research states that people from 203 countries visited Brazil in the World Cup.

Survey released on Monday (14) by the Ministry of Tourism says that 83% of foreigners who visited Brazil during the World Cup assessed that the country has met "fully or exceeded expectations" in relation to the event - 61% of visitors came to Brazil first. According to the survey at the Getulio Vargas Foundation and the Economic Research Institute (Fipe), 95% of the foreigners said they plan to return.

http://g1.globo.com/politica/noticia/2014/07/pesquisa-do-governo-diz-que-maioria-dos-estrangeiros-aprovou-copa.html

If I may just interrupt the Argentinian-Brazilian kindergarten war for a moment...

1) It's great to see a hugely positive response to the WC, also by tourists.

2) The survey was initiated by the Tourism Ministry. I'd take the figures with a pinch of salt because of this. Like with any survey in the world, those asking the questions can spon the result favourably for them.

3) From 203 countries? If true, then probably because of the FIFA delegates from Tuvalu, Somalia or Centralafrican Republic. Or do you believe there were "real" tourists from such countries? Besides, there's less than 200 undisputedly recognised countries anyway.

1) It's great to see a hugely positive response to the WC, also by tourists.

2) The survey was initiated by the Tourism Ministry. I'd take the figures with a pinch of salt because of this. Like with any survey in the world, those asking the questions can spon the result favourably for them.

3) From 203 countries? If true, then probably because of the FIFA delegates from Tuvalu, Somalia or Centralafrican Republic. Or do you believe there were "real" tourists from such countries? Besides, there's less than 200 undisputedly recognised countries anyway.

1) Yes

2) FGV and Fipe were involved, which means, despite led by Government, this survey is independent. Both organizations are worldwidely respected and never got any suspicious over its surveys.

3) Maybe this video answers how many countries are in the world... Or not.

^^One of my favourites in the youtube ever. Take look, worth the view!

Argentinian-Brazilian kindergarten war

OLD...

10414452_601962653250514_231438900246639

Archived