FIFA World Cup Match 61 Semi-Final Brazil vs Germany

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, the gif was only a joke, i apologise for put them.

just black humour

Oh don't dive at 5-0 down. Show some pride.

oh yeah exactly. germany barely even won if you think about it.

Read my post again.

You have a strange fascination and idealization for Germans that's quite puzzling. When you know many of them, and have known some of them very closely, you'd realize how common and just like anyone else they are. Guess you haven't known enough of them yet in the remote place of the US where you live.

Excuse me but...I really don't get it. Nothing against Germany but what exactly is deserved?

Struggling to beat Algeria ? Not even being able to beat Ghana ? Beating Brazil without its best player and play-maker , in a team already psychologically shattered by the loss of Neymar and the national pressure ? This victory was easy and without panache.

I would be glad to say Germany deserves to win the WC once we see a convincing performance by them. If any team has been impressive, it's the Dutch.

By your logic, Netherlands is not that impressive as well. They suffered to beat both Costa Rica and Mexico, and they defeated the later with a very dubious penalty. They also struggled to beat Australia in the group stage.

• Like 1

By your logic, Netherlands is not that impressive as well. They suffered to beat both Costa Rica and Mexico, and they defeated the later with a very dubious penalty. They also struggled to beat Australia in the group stage.

All that you say is true. But the Ned dominated Costa Rica even if it went to shootouts, and I think Mexico was far better than Ghana or Algeria that both made Germany struggle. I would only agree with you about Australia.

It's just a feeling, you know, we'll see. Good evening to Venezuela ;)

Read my post again.

You have a strange fascination and idealization for Germans that's quite puzzling. When you know many of them, and have known some of them very closely, you'd realize how common and just like anyone else they are. Guess you haven't known enough of them yet in the remote place of the US where you live.

you mean los angeles? that remote part of the US where i live?

regardless, if you bothered to read anything at all on this forum besides your own arrogant posts with your just-passable english you'd know that germany happens to be my gamesbids sweep team, and thus the team i'm naturally inclined toward for the duration of the competition. but you haven't, and you won't even bother absorbing the words in this post either, so i don't know what else to tell you other than i only fight with people on gamesbids when i think there's something funny about it, but you're already such a joke i won't waste another word.

Edited by saurkrowt
  • Like 1

you mean los angeles? that remote part of the US where i live?

regardless, if you bothered to read anything at all on this forum besides your own arrogant posts with your just-passable english you'd know that germany happens to be my gamesbids sweep team, and thus the team i'm naturally inclined toward for the duration of the competition. but you haven't, and you won't even bother absorbing the words in this post either, so i don't know what else to tell you other than i only fight with people on gamesbids when i think there's something funny about it, but you're already such a joke i won't waste another word.

Stop scratching, krow. It may hurt :lol:

By remote I just meant, far from Europe, that's all. No need to get all worked up. You're right about my language skills :D . Yours are so impressive, I must say I was just about to ask you to give me lessons...I'm sure you have a lot to teach me.

See, you "fight" when you think it's funny, but I don't. I'm not here very often and don't find anything particularly funny in "fighting". You think it is, according to your own confession, and act like you're 10 when you're 30 , and I'm the joke ? lol

I didn't even talk to you, you replied to posts that weren't directed to you, so let's keep it this way ok? Stay where you are. I'll stay where I am.

• Like 1

Beating Brazil without its best player and play-maker , in a team already psychologically shattered by the loss of Neymar and the national pressure ? This victory was easy and without panache.

I would be glad to say Germany deserves to win the WC once we see a convincing performance by them. If any team has been impressive, it's the Dutch.

I think even with Brazil in "normal mode", with Neymar and Tiago, Germany would have win, 3-1, 4-1. The score today was atypical but Germany is without doubt the best team of this world cup. The best they have to do is forget about this crazy score and focus in the final

• Like 1

OK, fine, I managed to creat a big fight in facebook, time to me to sleep or whatever...

See ya guys later!

PS: I'll be out for a couple of days, maybe...

The team I will support on Sunday will depend on the other semifinal. I will support Germany if Argentina pass. But if the Netherlands pass, I think it would be very cruel for them another defeat in a final. would be the fourth time. They have good players deserve a title.

But if the Netherlands pass, I think it would be very cruel for them another defeat in a final. would be the fourth time. They have good players deserve a title.

I'd normally agree. if they'd face anybody else but Germany.

Why you're going out, Dannyel? We're still hosting a superb event and the people mocking us still need to win more times than us. Stand up and answer

I'm destroyed, just managed to fight 10 guys at same time... Better to me to try to relax and remain low profile a bit.. I guess

:(

It will be difficult for Brazil without Silva and Neymar.

Really don't understand why still some media think Brazil are favourites :-|

Oliver Bierhoff knows how to win a trophy. The 46-year-old former AC Milan striker scored the winning goal for Germany in the Euro 1996 final against the Czech Republic at Wembley. Bierhoff, the German national team's general manager, took some time out ahead of the semifinal against Brazil on Tuesday to take a phone call from ESPN FC and talk about Germany's chances, as well as their use of technology to get an edge over their opponents.

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/world-cup-central/59/post/1938895/german-legend-oliver-bierhoff-is-general-manager-for-the-german-side-in-the-world-cup-semifinal-versus-brazil

I told you so, but such a demolition was unexpected

WTH, man! Stand proud! We got FIVE of the damn titles and no one can't take it away. The 2014 WC has been an absolute success and no one can't take it away from us. Brazil just failed horribly today, but out tradition and school of football will prevail as it always did.

our*

• Like 2

WTH, man! Stand proud! We got FIVE of the damn titles and no one can't take it away. The 2014 WC has been an absolute success and no one can't take it away from us. Brazil just failed horribly today, but out tradition and school of football will prevail as it always did.

our*

The worst thing, the meteorologist at my work was saying: Germany will win by a landslide... I got kind of angry with him, we argued for hours, he defending Brazil would fail as never and I claiming we had some chances...

You can imagine the nightmare shift at work I'll have...

It's terrible today. It's the WORST defeat we ever had in our football history. But we lost to a team that respected us, that is improving since 2002, that came to our country and called it home and that is eager to win. Brazil would hardly win at home IMO, because of the unbearable pressure. We were souless. We put all out trust in a single name and now we pay for that.

And I'm very sorry for those who think we're arrogant because se were confident till the end. Anyone would be if they held a tradition like ours...

The 2014 WC is now a huge trauma after the 1950 WC but maybe we'll prevail just like we did back then. Brazil emerged as a legend after a defeat in home soil, but we got it together later and we will do it again for sure.

*we

• Like 1
Facebook releases World Cup data

Facebook has released data showing how large a presence the World Cup semi final between Brazil and Germany had across social media.

The social network's data team looked at the volume of global conversations around this morning's match.

It was the highest level of conversation on Facebook for any single World Cup game to date.

Globally, 66 million people had more than 200 million Facebook interactions related to the semi-final.

That includes 16 million people with more than 52 million interactions in Brazil - roughly one quarter of all global activity.

Despite not playing due to injury, Brazilian striker Neymar still received ten times more buzz than any of the players in today's match, and would have been number 1 had he been able to play.

The top 5 countries discussing the match on Facebook were Brazil, the United States, Mexico, Indonesia and Britain.

One News

Excuse me but...I really don't get it. Nothing against Germany but what exactly is deserved?

Struggling to beat Algeria ? Not even being able to beat Ghana ? Beating Brazil without its best player and play-maker , in a team already psychologically shattered by the loss of Neymar and the national pressure ? This victory was easy and without panache.

I somewhat get your point, but I think it's a little one-sided. At the same time, Germany played highly convincing matches against Portugal, the USA and your home team France. They controlled those matches, and while they not always scored many goals there and missed quite a few opportunities, they showed a dominance which is very fitting for a potential future World Champion. And neither of those three teams is a bad one - Portugal had a bad World Cup, but has a lot of individual class; the US have improved drastically under Klinsmann; and France, well you know yourself, which great qualities your team has. ;)

And as it has been pointed out already: The Netherlands were impressive only in their opener against Spain, but got quite wobbly in all matches after that. If you ask me, Germany still looks more "World Champion"-like to me than the Netherlands in this World Cup. That could change after tonight's semi-final and maybe also after the final on Sunday, but in my eyes, the Netherlands still have to deliver. And I guess I would say this even if I wasn't German or a fan of the German team.