FIFA World Cup Match 61 Semi-Final Brazil vs Germany

Don´t worry Danny, things will get better.

I said the same things 2006 and even more after the loss against Spain in 2010.

Time will heal those wounds, I´m sure Brazil will win another WC in some time.

Don´t stop the party, bad feelings are not the right thing you should end your home WC with.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, the gif was only a joke, i apologise for put them.

just black humour

Oh don't dive at 5-0 down. Show some pride.

Don´t stop the party, bad feelings are not the right thing you should end your home WC with.

One thing is to get defeated by a superior Germanyy by 3-0, 4-1, playing, fighting.

What I see was a lot of chickens shocked because Germany scored a goal...

They don't have my respect. Sorry.

But they shamed us today.

I think it would be better to stand by your team in the darkest hours, since when you want to create a "new team" out of the rumble it is better that the athletes see that a country stand by them even in bad times...

Please think about it - I can understand your sadness and disappointment, but please think about it!

Daze Germany fans have had 12 years of almost all positives. Ballack, Klose and Kahn pulling Germany into the final in 2002, the emergence of Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Podolski in 2006. Ozil, Khedira and Hummels in 2009. Muller in 2010 and there is still Gotze, Draxler, the Benders, Babstuber and a lot more talent now and into the future. Brazil has successively declined going from Rivaldo, Cafu, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho in 2002 to just Neymar in 2014.

Brazil reminds me of where Germany was at in the turn of the century. It took leadership, daring and good decision making in Germany's darkest hours to create the results we see today. Canada had to go through the same thing in the 90's with ice hockey. Hopefully Brazil is willing to make those choices unlike another historical footballing nation.

Edited by Faster
  • Like 1

I think it would be better to stand by your team in the darkest hours, since when you want to create a "new team" out of the rumble it is better that the athletes see that a country stand by them even in bad times...

Please think about it - I can understand your sadness and disappointment, but please think about it!

CAF, to lose by 7-1 at home, in a World Cup semifinal... There is no excuse in the planet to finish first half 0-5.

This is professional football, Brazil is a footballing nation, we are not some underdog.

To be defeated to Germany is okay. To be defeated by 7-1????

Those players deserves real disdain from supporters.

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

But some opportunities--in this case seeing Brazil and being on the Selecao playing as hosts with the hopes and pressures of winning the World Cup-- remain lost forever. These guys will never have another chance to win it all at home to the delight of their fans. That's one of the things that upsets many Brazilians. I have a feeling those bad feelings will linger onward until they win again.

Danny, if you feel like the Selecao played so poorly and embarassed and shamed Brazil and that you want to disown them and wish they non-consentingly paid a visit to Gen. Robert Guei (look him up) immediately afterward, that's your right. That World Cup balloon certainly lost a lot of its air for many of you. Feels like a morgue.

• Like 1

OK, I did not watch, because I'm usually a nervous wreck in such matches.

So, I came on at what I thought was 10 minutes after the end of the match and thought I'm hallucinating...

It's fantastic and historic and all that, but I just hope that people (and the players) don't forget that the final starts with a 0-0 scoreline again.

Tonight's performance is no guarantee that Germany also wins the WC in five days...

But it's great that after two semi losses (three, if counting Euro 2012 as well), it's finally a final again!

• Like 1

But some opportunities--in this case seeing Brazil and being on the Selecao playing as hosts with the hopes and pressures of winning the World Cup-- remain lost forever. These guys will never have another chance to win it all at home to the delight of their fans. That's one of the things that upsets many Brazilians. I have a feeling those bad feelings will linger onward until they win again.

Danny, if you feel like the Selecao played so poorly and embarassed and shamed Brazil and that you want to disown them and wish they non-consentingly paid a visit to Gen. Robert Guei (look him up) immediately afterward, that's your right. That World Cup balloon certainly lost a lot of its air for many of you. Feels like a morgue.

I don't want to disown nobody.

Just don't ask me to go there and show my support to them. I have more to do.

Well, I'm very disappointed but very glad at the same time that we lost to such a high quality team like Germany. I admit I always thought it was a matter of time until you won your fourth title and I'm very happy to have attended one of your matches here in Brazil. Our team just didn't happened today and Germany were gracious in their stay here in our country. I support Germany now, because it's a very deserving team. I should remind our South American members that Brazil still will be the only five-time champion after this cup and Venezuela and Peru will be irrelevant as always. I don't understand why you guys are so virulent to us...

OK, I did not watch, because I'm usually a nervous wreck in such matches.

So, I came on at what I thought was 10 minutes after the end of the match and thought I'm hallucinating...

I was taking a nap and didn't tune in until the 5th goal. It took a minute or 2 for reality of the situation to set in.

Congrats to all the Germany supporters and my German friends here!! Keeping fingers X'ed for Sunday!!

Edited by baron-pierreIV

It's still difficult to grasp what happened tonight in Belo Horizonte. Winning and reaching a World Cup final is sweet, but this result is unreal and I also feel sorry (even if I didn't agree with their playing style throughout much of the tournament) for Brazil. This is a humiliation - and while it's always bad for the host country to be eliminated or at least denied its chance of getting its title, the fashion in which Brazil lost was a bit too much. This must feel at least equally bad if not worse than Germany's unfortunate elimination against Italy in the last minutes of their 2006 semi-final.

At the same time, I'm so very happy that this golden generation of German footballers gets rewarded with reaching the final. I won't say that Germany will be the strong favourite in the final, since today's match was simply completely out of any normal proportions in world football. The final should actually be a wholly different affair, albeit both Argentina and the Netherlands have not been extremely convincing throughout this World Cup. I am very curious which of those teams will make it to the final. Both fixtures would be true football classics, and that's what we definitely can look forward to.

Almost everybody I'm talking about here in Brazil will support Germany.

We are sad and complaining a lot about the Brazilian team, but in the other side, there was a great great footballing nation.

We recognize the superiority of a intense and nice team like Germany.

I'll be rooting for Germany, indeed, in name of a nice guy called CAF. You guys deserve it!

Go Germany!

And in name of an epic final match, may Netherlands be there too.

• Like 1

Well, if it's not gonna be Brazil-Argentina, that would be a great match-up as well. And make for the first European team to lift the cup in the Americas.

On the other hand, I'm torn as to who I'll support tomorrow. A South American final without a South American team would be weird.

Edited by Sir Rols

After the 5th goal of Germany...

1604731_948715678476828_5303154152662054

Mick Jagger should be banned from the world cups for life. He always jinx everhthing. :lol:

We are fucked meanwhile he is alive. He have a Brazilian son... HE always have an excuse to support Brazil... :o

Almost everybody I'm talking about here in Brazil will support Germany.

We are sad and complaining a lot about the Brazilian team, but in the other side, there was a great great footballing nation.

We recognize the superiority of a intense and nice team like Germany.

I'll be rooting for Germany, indeed, in name of a nice guy called CAF. You guys deserve it!

Go Germany!

But they can't think that already won the final. Brazil played very badly, missed passes and gave many goals for Germany, making things easier. Ghana, Algeria and USA have made difficult matches against them.

I'm glad most Brazilians recognized their defeat and will support Germany which truly deserves to win this WC.

I hope I could say the same for certain country in 1990 <_<

But they can't think that already won the final. Brazil played very badly, missed passes and gave many goals for Germany, making things easier. Ghana, Algeria and USA have made difficult matches against them.

That what makes me even more pissed off...

Algeria, Ghana, USA gave difficult times to Germany...

It's beyond any explanation what happened during those 6 or 7 minutes Brazil got 4 goals...

We do have serious mental weakness problem in sports!!!

Never saw any team got 4 goals in 6 minutes, not even in local championships...

I'm glad most Brazilians recognized their defeat and will support Germany which truly deserves to win this WC.

I hope I could say the same for certain country in 1990 <_<

Excuse me but...I really don't get it. Nothing against Germany but what exactly is deserved?

Struggling to beat Algeria ? Not even being able to beat Ghana ? Beating Brazil without its best player and play-maker , in a team already psychologically shattered by the loss of Neymar and the national pressure ? This victory was easy and without panache.

I would be glad to say Germany deserves to win the WC once we see a convincing performance by them. If any team has been impressive, it's the Dutch.

Excuse me but...I really don't get it. Nothing against Germany but what exactly is deserved?

Struggling to beat Algeria ? Not even being able to beat Ghana ? Beating Brazil without its best player and play-maker , in a team already psychologically shattered by the loss of Neymar and the national pressure ? This victory was easy and without panache.

I would be glad to say Germany deserves to win the WC once we see a convincing performance by them. If any team has been impressive, it's the Dutch.

oh yeah exactly. germany barely even won if you think about it.

• Like 1